Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

lol, I lost count how many times i've crashed in the main. I had such a great time racing TCS
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This was my first TCS race and it was alot of fun, especially the mini class. Thanks to the Tamiya crew for a great event.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been out of the racing scene for over 12 years and had never ran in TCS before so I was nervous and worried that I would only get in the way of other drivers. Looking back on this weekend's event I can say that I had a great time shaking the rust off my driving skills even though I spent most of the day towards the rear of the pack.

The folks at Tamiya ran a wonderful event and I look forward to the next race in southern California.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks for 20 years FMW

Just watched the YouTube videos of the A-mains, and no, not just the ones I was in. Great racing overall guys. Thanks to FMW and the Tamiya America crew for a great day. Fred, "does he have a 6 minute car?" Yeah, I wondered about that myself. "Does he have 6 minutes of talent?" Hey now.
Hope everybody remembers that TA has been doing this now for 20 years. I was there at the first one, and I think that was the same PortaPottie then too.
Hope to be there for many more.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
another fun event in the books. good to see some old timers retirn, some 'rookies' steeping their game up big time and some veterans choking.

need to thank Chuck Leslie, Danny Eggard, Rod C and Steve V for the assistance in the mini-class. all the tips and parts paid off

next stop... TQ carpet TCS Regional. This should be interesting.
Watching the mini video, it looks like the minis had quite a variety of speed/lap times - maybe not as close across the field as silver can days of old. You and Brown had a great race with one oops rollover deciding it. Nice race you two! Wish I/we could have come to join the fun, but airfare this year was outrageous for that weekend.

What motors/timing were you and Brown (and Leslie) running for mini? I kind of suspect Trinity Killshots or similar with uber timing (they go to 90 degrees timing on the markings I believe). (Indoors on carpet with 90 foot straight I've been running Thunderpower with 50 degrees of timing - maxed out on the factory markings - plenty fast on straight and still had close quarters infield power.)

Anyone know if Nats this year will have a handout brushless system for mini? - I heard rumors to that effect.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My last TCS at Aliso was close to two years ago. It's always good to see a lot of old school guys still playing with toy cars like me. This event never gets old like many of us.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
Watching the mini video, it looks like the minis had quite a variety of speed/lap times - maybe not as close across the field as silver can days of old. You and Brown had a great race with one oops rollover deciding it. Nice race you two! Wish I/we could have come to join the fun, but airfare this year was outrageous for that weekend.

What motors/timing were you and Brown (and Leslie) running for mini? I kind of suspect Trinity Killshots or similar with uber timing (they go to 90 degrees timing on the markings I believe). (Indoors on carpet with 90 foot straight I've been running Thunderpower with 50 degrees of timing - maxed out on the factory markings - plenty fast on straight and still had close quarters infield power.)

Anyone know if Nats this year will have a handout brushless system for mini? - I heard rumors to that effect.
I can honestly say that this race came down to car setup, not 'motor' alone. my car was NOT that fast in Saturday practice, and i have 39 other mini-drivers to confirm that. went home saturday night and did some major homework.

i personally was running an R1Wurks, timing not maxed. i believe the other two (Brown and Chuck'les) were running killshots. there were others in the field with PLENTY of power on tap as well. about 5 more of which were 'faster' than i during saturday practice imo. maybe just had bad luck during race day.

-O
Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

"Wish I/we could have come to join the fun, but airfare this year was outrageous for that weekend."
Think the airfare was outrageous, wait till you see how much "room rates" have risen
Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

We are having Mini 2WD Class with Tamiya M03 / 05 / 06 chassis only sponsored by Tamiya in 2014 TQ Carpet Championship Summer Series.

Hope to bring Mini 2WD class back at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/race/race_...asp?race_no=27

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spring71
We are having Mini 2WD Class with Tamiya M03 / 05 / 06 chassis only sponsored by Tamiya in 2014 TQ Carpet Championship Summer Series.

Hope to bring Mini 2WD class back at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/race/race_...asp?race_no=27

Thanks.
+ 1, guys. Really hope all the SoCal Mini Mafia types can come over to TQ once in a while this summer and run. Gription continues to be great, and TQ is a really nice place to race, with a nice owner with LOTS of spares in the pro shop when you need them. So CA the sidewalls of your front tires and come on out and play, Ministers. I am personally looking forward to having my a__ handed to me by an entirely new class of people.
Hey Sean, how about a "no KillShot" rule for the Mini class? Equalize the motor competition and the racing will be closer and more hilarious.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a crazy idea...

Any sedan, any motor(13.5, 17.5, 21.5)... TAMIYA RallyBody, TAMIYA Vinyl Tires. TarmacRally
Old 04-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There was parity between R1 and Reedy and Killshot at Tamiya. The only ones that were slugs were Thunderpower. As TQ is shorter, there will be even more parity.

Orlando:

I want to start racing a box stock TT-02 class locally. BAD. Your idea might be better.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by torg
Some videos from TCS #192

Sorry for the shaky ones, I was not watching through the viewfinder and if your race was missed, blame the terrible gopro3 battery life. buying some battery bacpac's for the next one.

Super special thanks to Kaji for filming these, he did "Reverse trip to Japan" (he's from Shizuoka) for his first race ever. Which unfortunately ended in a "poofed everything" before the 2nd qualifier...

Also, if anyone can figure out how to power a gopro through the 6V BEC that would be awesome.
After watching the F1 A Main, I know how Felipe Massa felt recently when he got taken out in the in the 1st corner of the Melbourne GP!!
I came from 10th to 3rd in 6 min.
My car was dialed!
I never forget?
Oh well?
SH.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSherman
Here's a crazy idea...

Any sedan, any motor(13.5, 17.5, 21.5)... TAMIYA RallyBody, TAMIYA Vinyl Tires. TarmacRally
We used to run a class very similar to this WAAAAYYY back in the day up here in the NW at Burien. Back then it was TB-01 or TL-01 chassis cars, Rally bodies, 27t brushed motors and rally block tires/ semi-slicks. I have to honestly say it was one of the most fun classes I've ever raced. Still miss it to this day.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
After watching the F1 A Main, I know how Felipe Massa felt recently when he got taken out in the in the 1st corner of the Melbourne GP!!
I came from 10th to 3rd in 6 min.
My car was dialed!
I never forget?
Oh well?
SH.
I hear that.
My F1 is still in 2 pieces after last Speedtech race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.