Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sumo Power GT-R bodies in stock...
Old 09-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello All, I need some help determining whats the best FDR for a TA05 V2 with a Johnson motor, 2S lipo, and a fan on the motor. I will be running at the Tamiya Track.

Maybe someone can tell me what FDR people were running durring the Nats in GT2 with their TA05s.

Thanks,
Buzzerbro
Old 09-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzzerbro
Hello All, I need some help determining whats the best FDR for a TA05 V2 with a Johnson motor, 2S lipo, and a fan on the motor. I will be running at the Tamiya Track.

Maybe someone can tell me what FDR people were running durring the Nats in GT2 with their TA05s.

Thanks,
Buzzerbro

Originally Posted by OSherman
Danced between 4.02 and 4.22 all weekend..

....4.11 was used in the main..

fun times...
Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
Very valid questions, Mr. Cole and ones we gave a lot of thought to.

In the Tamiya TCS type classes, we decided to mirror TCS rules but not *exactly,* because that is mostly what people are used to.

FWD - We had some people campaign to allow other chassis such as the 3racing Sakura FF to compete alongside the Tamiya FF03. Similar to the advantage that the Xevo mini conversions had on Tamiya minis, we felt that the all carbon cars would hold the same advantage over the Tamiya tub cars. I have a feeling that the mass majority of FF03 drivers would feel the same way. Just a hunch though. To explain further, the idea behind the decision was to prolong the longevity of the class. If the carbon cars all come out and wax the FF03s, the FF03s will probably not come out at our next club race. Hope you understand As for 21.5, that was based on customer demand and has nothing to do with TCS.

Just to make sure on F1 rubber class, 200mm F103 will be legal ? Want to check first as some consider that an unfair advantage over 180mm F104's.

13.5 - This is what the majority of experts that we polled said they wanted to run. It was a close race between 13.5 and 17.5 with 13.5 getting the most votes at the end. If I remember right, you either have a Ballistic or Thunder Power motor for which I can "hook you up" with a 13.5 stator for much, much less than $80. How's that sound?
Thanks Stitchy for the reply. Too bad to hear about FWD class. Not opening up to all classes is taking the fun out and going back to the same quarrels that killed mini 4wd because "the Atomic was so much better than than ABC". I think some people lose sight that the Tamiya chassis cars have had the opportunity to dial in a set-up vs. carbon cars that have never turned a lap at Tamiya playing catch up on the set-up. That would be closer than silver can vs 21.5. The 21.5's will wax the silver can cars.

So, now that my soap box has been put away, I think I will consider running 17.5 boosted in mod class. Cheaper to reprogram my esc and change spur (that I already have) than the cost of a stator.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buzzerbro

Thanks,
Buzzerbro
If you are not familiar with driving silver can in the TA05 at Tamiya track, 4.1-4.3 would be a safe start depending on esc profile, amount of drag brake and how happy your trigger finger is. I can assure you the top five in GT-2 at the Nats were at 4.0 or lower.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If you are not familiar with driving silver can in the TA05 at Tamiya track, 4.1-4.3 would be a safe start depending on esc profile, amount of drag brake and how happy your trigger finger is. I can assure you the top five in GT-2 at the Nats were at 4.0 or lower.
4.1 all weekend, don't worry bout temps
Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey all TCS Mini guys with M05s - are the roll cages required under TCS rules?? the D2/D3 parts on the chassis?

thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

^^in my area, most racers leave them off. I also saw people missing them in the regional qualifiers. I keep them with in my parts box. If someone has a problem with them missing, I can just shoe goo them on.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TCS rules!

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey all TCS Mini guys with M05s - are the roll cages required under TCS rules?? the D2/D3 parts on the chassis?

thanks!
Here in Aliso Viejo on both regional and the Nationals they were required!
Just my 2$

Markus,
Just wanted to say my 417 is working great. Right now just running 13.5 blinky with Sorex tires and car is great. Only significant changes was to run the gear diff in the front using your body and put the ball diff back in the back! Traction here is medium at best so this is saying a lot!
Thanks
Max
Old 10-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sexy Body!!!

I'm not talking about me. I am talking, however, about the new Tamiya R8 Nurburgring body. I was poking around the Tamiya Japan site and found the photo's of the new releases. These also include the VW "Rocco" and the Ferarri.

While I might prefer to push by Bimmer rather than drive an Audi, the R8 will be the exception to cover up my chassis and hide the expensive hop-ups. Hum, maybe I'll drive it clear.

your thoughts???

EB R
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EB Racer
I'm not talking about me. I am talking, however, about the new Tamiya R8 Nurburgring body. I was poking around the Tamiya Japan site and found the photo's of the new releases. These also include the VW "Rocco" and the Ferarri.

While I might prefer to push by Bimmer rather than drive an Audi, the R8 will be the exception to cover up my chassis and hide the expensive hop-ups. Hum, maybe I'll drive it clear.

your thoughts???

EB R
Being the A3 owner that i am.. R8 and Sirocco will both be in my stable.. R8 was on my wishlist months ago..
Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation New FWD body!

I too would like to try the Scirocco body, not sure about the Audi?
The stock wing does appear to have some downforce but wanted to run with Eric Saturday but didn't have a chance to. Hopefully he will be there next Saturday. Not sure when the body is going to be availible?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

this thread is getting awful quiet!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Almost November and no one is asking about 2012 rules yet ?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation 2012 Rules!!!

Kevin,
I'm afraid to find out what Fred has in store for us next year. A little birdie said that Gt-1 will be back to 13.5 , Gt-2 will be 17.5, GT-3 will be like an advanced novice class. FF-03 will be 21.5 and mini will have two classes one will be 17.5 brushless and there will still be a Johnson motor class as usual. Depending on the turnout in mini, we'll see how long will the 17.5 mini class will last. With the FF-03 class I hope Fred allows the option wings that way there will be a large variety of FWD CARS running, so no matter what body you use it will work as long as you have a wing in the back,you know if all you can use is the stock wing how once one body is deemed the body of choice that works then the majority of racers will use it. I know you were one of the exceptions but most including me and Rod were using the Integra. Right now I curious how the Scirocco body will work with the stock plastic wing but then all we'll have are Scirocco's and Integras! I hope Fred allows the option wing next year. Just watch the Speedtech race and there will be mor than just Integras!
Just my 2$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.