Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Famous !!!

Originally Posted by stitchy
on a different note...

hey! we're all famous!

http://www.ocregister.com/news/viejo...ya-racers.html

Did you guys notice that I was mentioned by name? Well, I had to rearrange all of the letters to be able to spell my name, but the letters are in there.

EBR
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EB Racer
Hey O-Sherman, Daniel had a GTR body like the one you're asking about. I can be wrong, but I think it is the standard GTR with the racing wing rather than the simple plastic spoiler. I used the body on a couple chassis' (FF-03 and TA-05). I thought it was fairly stable, but being a standard road-going sedan, it is probably too tall. But with the racing wing (I drove Daniel's car with both wings), it really becomes a descent body.

EBR (aka, Eggman)
good info.. thanks. i like the lines and stance of this body.. too hard to pass up.. cant be any worse than the AUDI DTM that i have come accustomed to..
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all you mini guys I am clearing out some of my mini stuff if anyone is interested.

M06 Fully hopped up Make me an offer or I am gonna turn it into paper weights.
Misc 60D tires old style japan mounted with minimal runs on em $ 15 a set
Devons M03 I won Nats with starting the bidding @ $ 1,000.00
SMX Lowdown Body Painted $ 20
Misc parts and tires PM me with what your looking for

I am trying to get rid of the stuff I dont have a need for anymore. Oh and Devons car is not for sale just a joke.

PM me for questions
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know this is late to the game, but does anyone have a video for the TCS GT1 A3 Main?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
As Stitchy said....on a different note...... Are there rules for classes posted for the November Speedtech race to be help at Tamiya track ?
Hi Kevin, just ironing out some final details about our November 5th open make club race at the Tamiya track. Stay tuned for further details.

In the meantime, I've created an informal poll to see what people think expert stock should be whether its 17.5 blinky, 17.5 boost or (gasp!) 13.5 blinky. Of course we will offer Mod separately...
Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWK
I know this is late to the game, but does anyone have a video for the TCS GT1 A3 Main?
So you can see how you screwed up at the start and drove through the pack to win ?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Does Tamiya or any other manufacturer make light buckets for a Suzuki Swift? Part #'s. Thanks a million...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Suzuki swift light weight body

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Does Tamiya or any other manufacturer make light buckets for a Suzuki Swift? Part #'s. Thanks a million...
P/N 49420
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=49420
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Cool Spec classes!

Hi Kevin, just ironing out some final details about our November 5th open make club race at the Tamiya track. Stay tuned for further details.

In the meantime, I've created an informal poll to see what people think expert stock should be whether its 17.5 blinky, 17.5 boost or (gasp!) 13.5 blinky. Of course we will offer Mod separately...
Jeff,
In all fairness I think all blinky 17.5 and 21.5 classes should only be for amateur racers.
Leave the open esc's 13.5 and mod classes be left for the past and present pro and Sponsored drivers. They know who they are!

This way all the racers will be able to compete in more level playing field in each respected class ,in order to at least feel better about their chances to possibly make podium in a considered Spec class!
Just my 2$
Old 09-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Thanks, but I'm looking for light buckets not a light weight body.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jeff,
In all fairness I think all blinky 17.5 and 21.5 classes should only be for amateur racers.
Leave the open esc's 13.5 and mod classes be left for the past and present pro and Sponsored drivers. They know who they are!

This way all the racers will be able to compete in more level playing field in each respected class ,in order to at least feel better about their chances to possibly make podium in a considered Spec class!
Just my 2$
Hi Max, this is Albert. This is for a club race where many drivers from many other tracks will be participating. I know this is the wrong forum for this (and you have found the right one), but just to answer you...the blinky 17.5 that is in consideration is due to the fact that the expert class at West Coast RC Raceway is running it. The Ventura Roadrunners are running 13.5 blinky as their super stock class. The reason for my poll was to avoid running too many sedan classes which would dilute the heats. It also only applies to the expert stock and not the sportsman and rookie classes, so plenty chances to podium there!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It would be nice if there was a standardization to BL.
Seems everyone and anyone has their tweak on what classes should be including Tamiya (had to throw that in there being the Tamiya thread).

Pre-BL things seemed simpler, you had 27t, mod and a track's definition for super stock or spec. Now you need to own 4 different motors and 1-2 different ESCs if you plan on racing more than one track or event with 1 car. Do I want to go back to brushed 27t rebuildables, no way!

The guys that don't want to invest will run 21.5 "de-tuned" in a 25.5 class for 1 race they don't care to invest in. The last "big" race I went to there were guys running 21.5 in a 25.5 class (for example), why, due to being no tech because the organizers hope that B&W rules would be respected.

Would agree that sponsored and pro guys should stay in mod and not cherry pick spec stock classes with their best of everything that cannot be bought off the shelves.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Talking 1st Annual SpeedtechRC Race of Challenges

Hi Max, this is Albert. This is for a club race where many drivers from many other tracks will be participating. I know this is the wrong forum for this (and you have found the right one), but just to answer you...the blinky 17.5 that is in consideration is due to the fact that the expert class at West Coast RC Raceway is running it. The Ventura Roadrunners are running 13.5 blinky as their super stock class. The reason for my poll was to avoid running too many sedan classes which would dilute the heats. It also only applies to the expert stock and not the sportsman and rookie classes, so plenty chances to podium there!
Hey Albert,
I am confident that you and Jeff will organize a fun and fair race that will attract a variety of racers from several race tracks. You have a strong racer based website and that is why there is lots of talk about 1st Annual Speedtech Race at Tamiya.
I myself would enjoy the competition with several heats in the classes I choose to run. Of coarse I prefer 17.5 Blinky but I understand different race tracks have their sedan class preferences.
Whatever sedan classes are decided upon I will be there running and having fun regardless!
Max
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Thanks, but I'm looking for light buckets not a light weight body.
BUCKETS
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

BUCKETS
Yeh, you know, buckets, those things that the lights go into and attatch to your car behind the lens/body.

I'm lookin for a way to attatch lights to my new LeMans body for my F103 cuz that's what we'll be running as the "support" class in the upcoming UF1 Series at TQ Raceway.

Any killer ideas out there for mounting lites besides punchin a hole in the lens and stickin em thru?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.