R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #3541
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
I think you can file the bottom of the sides of the wide bumper at an angle so when the car turns at extreme angle there is still recess space for the bumper..
Nope!

The wide Mugen bumper has a history, built on the MTX2 and 3 of sagging down under it's own weight. It then gives you the weirdest handling and it drives you nuts when you don't know where it's coming from. Just use the small bumper.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #3542
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Change your exhaust hanger (the aluminium piece that holds the wire) for a Serpent 950-R one. It's slimmer and has two positions, allowing to decide how high or low will be your exhaust. I use it on my car and like it.
Corse, how dare you

Telling the guy to put snake parts on his Mugen. The upper deck will rott away with a snake part attached to it...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #3543
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Corse, how dare you

Telling the guy to put snake parts on his Mugen. The upper deck will rott away with a snake part attached to it...

Huh... Some Snake parts are fine... in fact my best oil for bearings comes from 'Chez Snake'... They make some fine parts. The exhaust hanger is one of those, instead of the bulky aluminium exhaust support (give it a try... or better, wait until Oct. to the LRP race and I'll show you how 'rotten' is mine Mugen... ). This time I will not get a sunburn....

BTW: Much probably 'big boss' came with me... forewarned of the risks of coming to a week of racing.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #3544
Tech Initiate

By the way, Corse I saw you are from Spain. I am from Spain too, from Alicante, but I am in the States now. Maybe we can race someday in Madrid... . Also I would like to ask you if you know a good shop in Madrid to buy Mugen parts. Thanks.
TomiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #3545
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomiRC
By the way, Corse I saw you are from Spain. I am from Spain too, from Alicante, but I am in the States now. Maybe we can race someday in Madrid... .
Hehehe... better in Madrid... the old ARCA track doesn't exists now and we're on temporal place (but next year we make the 200mm EC on that track... imagine). Ever I hated Arenales del Sol track and those pesky chicane in front of the rostrum (is full of very bad intentions and sometimes, you got airborne over the chicane). Along the weird grip of the track.

Regarding good shops, you have some... Azor or the new Evolution hobbys, driven by Javier Hidalgo (Former 200mm champion). Ask for more info by PM.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #3546
Tech Initiate

Actually I have never been in the Arenales del Sol track, but a lot of people talked to me about it. Unfortunately last time I was in Alicante I couldn't bring my car, but hopefully next time I can bring it. When are going to be the EC in Madrid? Hopefully I will be around. I will also check out the shops you recommend me because I always stop in Madrid before to go to Alicante.
Thanks for the info.
TomiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #3547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

what do you guys use to clean your bearings and what do you use to re-lube them? can you also tell me where to get it?

has anyone tried ceramic bearings on the car?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #3548
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Nope!

The wide Mugen bumper has a history, built on the MTX2 and 3 of sagging down under it's own weight. It then gives you the weirdest handling and it drives you nuts when you don't know where it's coming from. Just use the small bumper.
Cut 3cm from the outside edge should be fine.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #3549
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
what do you guys use to clean your bearings and what do you use to re-lube them? can you also tell me where to get it?

Normally i just spray WD4D to flush the dirt out and re-lube them with Tamiya's Fuch's bearing oil. Its a small little spray can.

Our guys here swear by it.
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #3550
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyard
Normally i just spray WD4D to flush the dirt out and re-lube them with Tamiya's Fuch's bearing oil. Its a small little spray can.

Our guys here swear by it.
Cheap fuel and relube them with tamiya ceramic grease.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #3551
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies. Should I use blue thunder to clean the bearings? Or will that leave the blue stuff it leaves inside the engines? I used to use WD40 to clena them, but didnt know what to use to re-lube them.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #3552
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu

Break cleaner and Mobil 1
Old 02-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #3553
Tech Elite

Break cleaner or brake cleaner? Where can I get this and Mobil 1?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #3554
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gas station, auto shop?
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #3555
Tech Elite

Alright, here comes the German telling an American where to get stuff

Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts, WalMart, Auto Zone