Mugen MTX-4

Old 03-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen MTX-4

Does anyone know when mugen will come out with a MTX-4?? Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Late august to mid september. and will be designed after the mrx 4. as far as pictures go i think they should be coming in the next couple of months.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

what do u think the 4's improvements over the 3?
- the front adjustable diff/ spool type one-way?
- the rear ball diff?
- even lower CG like the G4?
- even lighter but stronger part?
- comes with rear floating mount for the lola?
- more carbon fibre parts to strengthen the car?
- adjustable shock (hard/soft)
Old 03-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hopefully a better 2 speed and a better internal gear ratio so pinions and bell are not so heavy(ie smaller like rrr or 710)

and maybe a center mounted fuel tank so no more load ups on left handers
Old 03-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What do you want better about the two speed?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
What do you want better about the two speed?
Perhaps he meant by the way the oneway hub rolls on the main shaft?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

improvements:

-adjustable f/r rollcenters
-lower the center of gravity

i hope they take the time to redue the rear bulkheads and make the clutch smaller including the 2-speed clutch.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I dont think they will be making a ball diff anytime soon. One of my associates received an email on the matter and it stated that the Mugen gear diff works perfectly with the car and that was that.

racer x 1 - Do you mean to add adjustable roll centers or improve the ones that are already on the MTX3?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

add them to the front of the car .
Old 03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

my thoughts on improving from it's predecessor...

1. lower CG
2. Higher RC
3. More durable 2 speed shoe and ball bearings (that's the weakest part about the MTX3)
4. light weight
5. Easy access and removal of front and rear diffs
Old 03-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by coldfusion

1. lower CG
2. Higher RC
3. More durable 2 speed shoe and ball bearings (that's the weakest part about the MTX3)
4. light weight
i do not have any complaints so far with the mtx3....

about the 2 speed for the moment i do not see any problem ....and it'll be nice (but not a must for me) to have easy removal for fr and rear diff...
Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcabj
i do not have any complaints so far with the mtx3....

about the 2 speed for the moment i do not see any problem ....and it'll be nice (but not a must for me) to have easy removal for fr and rear diff...
agree with you. I rather have easy remove diff and belt tension adjustment cuz if the belt go loose, just i will buy a new one

I wish MTX4 have
easy remove f+r diff
rear adjustable ball diff like 710
don't lay down throtal servo
centered fuel tank if they like to
lighter weight
external adjustable shock, (else i might use serpent shock on it )
and no philip screws
Old 03-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by coldfusion

1. lower CG
2. Higher RC
4. light weight

i don't know about number 3, because my bros 2 speed is almost three years old original from the kit. we race every week locally and even go out of town about twice a year to race the big ones.

but it will be nice to have it light weight (but if it's gonna be weak because of that, leave it as is!!)

about the easy removal of diffs, serpent tried but it's not really just 4 screws that you have to take off. you're gonna end up taking off one of the arms also to take the diff off for the front. in the rear, you will need to take the whole rear carrier and the upper arms.

so i don't know what easy means to other people. but if they were to get the design somewhat the same as the "easy removal diffs" from serpent - to me it shouldn't be called easy at all but almost the same!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

the RRR features easy remove diff, about six screws to remove either the rear diff and front diff
Old 03-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by evlhdlts
i don't know about number 3, because my bros 2 speed is almost three years old original from the kit. we race every week locally and even go out of town about twice a year to race the big ones.
The problem only comes to those guys who change their main 2 speed shaft to titanium...

about the easy removal of diffs, serpent tried but it's not really just 4 screws that you have to take off. you're gonna end up taking off one of the arms also to take the diff off for the front. in the rear, you will need to take the whole rear carrier and the upper arms.
For the front of the 710, it's 4 x M3 allen screws holding the front axle and to take out only one side of the front arm (choose the left upper arm), just loosen the set screw in the front left upper arm so that you can push and slide the hinge pin out and your front left upper arm comes out easy. The front diff or oneway will come off easy.

For the rear, 4 x M3 allen screws on the top holding the rear diff, 2 x M3 screws and 2 x M3 Philips screws at the bottom which hold the rear backplate (8 in total). Both rear upper arms comes out easy and the rear diff is accessible.

so i don't know what easy means to other people. but if they were to get the design somewhat the same as the "easy removal diffs" from serpent - to me it shouldn't be called easy at all but almost the same!
The thing is with the 710, you do not even need to take the rear diffs out to change out the oil or to clean it for maintenance. Once you set the internals correctly, you will not need to open it apart unless you need to replace the rear diff pulley.

If you want to change the rear diff tightness settings, you can do that externally with a 2.5 mm allen. Quick and fuss free. Even the pit guy can do for you before a start of a race.

If you need front braking when using the front oneway, it's just a matter of putting in two pins to lock the front oneway and you're good to go. Don't even need to do a change out. I believe those things above you should already be familiar...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.