Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-21-2005, 10:59 AM   #1501
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Here is some information for you.
MTX3 AWSOME car
MTX3 Prospec Even Better than MTX3
MTX-4 WHAT DO YOU THINK? Its a no brainer!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #1502
Tech Regular

PHP Code:
[QUOTE=andream88]I can buy a mtx4 for 299!
And 
a serpent 710 for 400with 150 of 3racing optional parts!

Tell me what to do plz..!
Someone told me that the 710 is too complicated to set up!

It's better a mtx4 or a mtx3 prospec?
it'
s better a mtx4 or a rrr?

Thanks..[/QUOTE
forget all others reasons, MTX-4 will be the best.
i test it days ago, no complain. You just have to found out the best set-up and get the car to the limit.
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #1503
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey, anyone got a video of this car on the track? I can't wait to get my hands on one.
tnbigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #1504
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by andream88
I can buy a mtx4 for 299!
And a serpent 710 for 400, with 150 of 3racing optional parts!

Tell me what to do plz..!
Someone told me that the 710 is too complicated to set up!

It's better a mtx4 or a mtx3 prospec?
it's better a mtx4 or a rrr?

Thanks..
Your friend was not kidding about the 710...I would not say COMPLICATED.....lets say experienced racer required, plenty of time and money required as well.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #1505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have read through at least three to four pages of people yacking about the price. Is the US customer price for the kit high? Yes it is. But, like a few stated, if you want it now, buy it. If not, then wait a few more months when the US supply meets the US demand, which will push the price down to a reasonable level (kit price will probably drop to around $380-$390, but no lower due to the time value of money, exchange rates, etc.). The supply, especially to the US, has been kept scarce to artificially keep the street price high because Mugen Japan knows that if you really want the kit, you will pay to asking price. I will wait until after the first of the year since on-road nitro is winding down in my area and see what the price of the kit is looking like in January. If the kit price is still high, I will just get a MRX-4 and move up to race with the real big boys. Also, with the price this high, it should help to increase sales of their 1/8th scale car (in my area, I can get a MRX-4 for around $530 as compared to $490 to $530 for a MTX-4!!). So, if you are going to buy it from overseas, buy it. If you are going to support you LHS and buy it from them at the going price, buy it from them. The prices that are bounding around are what they are, so, live with it or buy something else.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #1506
Tech Initiate

So mtx4?

And what about the engine?
A sirio EVO3 is good?
andream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:03 PM   #1507
Tech Initiate

WARRANTY....????

THIS IS a hoax. There is no warranty whatsoever!! IT IS JUST A BS.

Tell me what covered under warranty? Missing parts?

If that so, Okay, if I buy Mugen (with US serial #) from my LHS. I then take it home and try to building the car. So My smart @ss, I call Mugen USA telling them that there is no front bulkhead or a-arm or bearing (just come up with one or two) How would Mugen USA know that I am telling the truth?

AND AND AND...

If everything is fine..meaning I finished building up my car. Then I put it on the track. Run for two laps... Then Call Mugen USA..Oh Mister, I didn't hit anything, but all the sudden the a-arm is cracked. Will Mugen USA replace that a-arm for me???

So What is Warranty?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
See, finally we found the real reason for the serial number
But that's why we in Europe can buy in Asia, we are all fully health ensured

Seriously now. German car makers have tried to refuse service and warranty to cars that where re-imported from other European countries, where the cars are cheaper. They didn't get very far with it.
In an open market, a company has to stand in for the quality of their product, no matter where the customer bought it.

IF I would buy a MTX4 in Asia and it would miss something major (not a few screws) I would get it through Mugen Europe, guaranteed!
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:03 PM   #1508
Tech Elite

Oh, to qualify a statement, I am only guessing that when the supply catches and meets the demand, the price will probably drop. So, don't chisel what I said about the price dropping to around $380 to $390 into your granite tablets. I work in the banking and finance industry and how a little understanding about the laws of supply and demand, time value of money, how exchange rates affect pricing, etc. I am not expert on this either, just lending opinions like everyone else.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #1509
Tech Elite

Quote:
So mtx4?

A sirio EVO3 is good?
Try the OS 12tz. I have one in my MTX-3 and it is a pip. Here is a quote from a post I made on another forum about my experience with this motor at the 5th annual Paris Memorial Race:

First, Jlock can tell anyone that the OS 12tz motor is no joke. Just box stock and broken in the right way, it can hang with the best of the fast motors and at a lower temperature to boot. It has a smooth power band and good top end. If geared properly, hanging with the Mugen X-12s, Novas, Mega Piccos, and JP Mods is not totally out of the question. Jlock, after a 40 minute run, pulled his off the track at a cool 196 degrees!! Jlock's Mugen X-12 motor got that type of power produced by the OS but nowhere near that kind of temperature range (usully around 258 degrees).

It is the easiest to tune of all of the motors that I have in my possession (I have Nova's, Sirio's, Rossi's, and Picco's in my motor arsenal). And, the cost of the motor and the rebuild beats the others hands down.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:14 PM   #1510
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbigdawg
Hey, anyone got a video of this car on the track? I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Coming at 3hobby very soon .. if it doesn't rain this weekend that is.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #1511
Tech Initiate

One thing that I would like to mention... Serveral people keep say the world "Support LHS, Support Mugen USA" Okay we support, we support.. BUT BUT What LHS and Mugen USA Support US? NOTHING! Drivers only take free stuff and have fun with theris car. Is that call supporting?

I don't know what Mugen should do; it is their job to think about it, but I know in Japan. You can find videos, magazine, books, or even professional like Masami educate people about RC.

Masami How-To drift

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/news...romo_video.wmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
I have read through at least three to four pages of people yacking about the price. Is the US customer price for the kit high? Yes it is. But, like a few stated, if you want it now, buy it. If not, then wait a few more months when the US supply meets the US demand, which will push the price down to a reasonable level (kit price will probably drop to around $380-$390, but no lower due to the time value of money, exchange rates, etc.). The supply, especially to the US, has been kept scarce to artificially keep the street price high because Mugen Japan knows that if you really want the kit, you will pay to asking price. I will wait until after the first of the year since on-road nitro is winding down in my area and see what the price of the kit is looking like in January. If the kit price is still high, I will just get a MRX-4 and move up to race with the real big boys. Also, with the price this high, it should help to increase sales of their 1/8th scale car (in my area, I can get a MRX-4 for around $530 as compared to $490 to $530 for a MTX-4!!). So, if you are going to buy it from overseas, buy it. If you are going to support you LHS and buy it from them at the going price, buy it from them. The prices that are bounding around are what they are, so, live with it or buy something else.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #1512
Tech Initiate

NOT sure the price will drop. Like you said, they have to make sale to cover their RD, Cost, etc. first. So BIG THANKS FOR THE FIRST GROUP OF PEOPLE that bought the kit. Why have to say thank you. There are 2 reasons.

1) First group of people will make the price goes down (after the cost is covered)

2) You, first group of people, are testing the car. Then you soon will post all the pros and cons about the car on this tread.

These are very beneficial for people who are patient. It is similar to racing. Some people very impatient, drive hard, but crash after couple of laps. But some just driver slower, consistent, but keep going and going.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Oh, to qualify a statement, I am only guessing that when the supply catches and meets the demand, the price will probably drop. So, don't chisel what I said about the price dropping to around $380 to $390 into your granite tablets. I work in the banking and finance industry and how a little understanding about the laws of supply and demand, time value of money, how exchange rates affect pricing, etc. I am not expert on this either, just lending opinions like everyone else.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #1513
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
So mtx4?

A sirio EVO3 is good?

I'd go for a NOVAROSSI or a Sirio EVO3. I went from O.S to novarossi and i ain't going back. Everyone at the club that I race at that uses o.s engine have problems with glow plugs poping like mad. I had that problem as well and started to get sick of it. The "engine guy" at our club has managed to make a Nova last 2 years and is still winning races if you do get a Novarossi get a LL3 or a LS3 or if you run outlaw get a 5 port version (LL5).
Old 10-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #1514
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
I can buy a mtx4 for 299!
And a serpent 710 for 400, with 150 of 3racing optional parts!

Tell me what to do plz..!
Someone told me that the 710 is too complicated to set up!

It's better a mtx4 or a mtx3 prospec?
it's better a mtx4 or a rrr?

Thanks..
For 299, buy 10 and sell them on Ebay

Seriously, for that money I'd get two MTX4, one for spare parts.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #1515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whatever you opinion is on the price, it's all cool. But what we need to do is to stop bashing on the Mugen USA team drivers. Team drivers are the ones that do R&D to make products better. Without them, we wouldn't have improved products, setup to based our cars on. Without their drivers, Mugen Seiki wouldn't be where they are today. This isn't just Mugen USA, this happens to every manufacturers. Money spent on HPI goes toward Hara's expenses, Yokomo and Masami, Kyosho and Collari, so on so forth.

Bashing them is getting close to being personal insults, and that is not cool. And I've said this before and I'll say it again, I've had very minimal contacts with Mugen USA, but those very little contacts with these nice people asserted me that I'll choose to run a Mugen instead of Kyosho next year. And I really don't care whether the Kyosho is faster or the new Mugen is faster, it was Mugen USA that sold me on sticking with Mugen.

Dom