R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #1471
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

jca2000

I got mine from RC champ in Japan, $520AUS to my door in three days.
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #1472
Tech Initiate

Is that US Dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
jca2000

I got mine from RC champ in Japan, $520AUS to my door in three days.
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #1473
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

toddy

Thats in Australian Dollars
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #1474
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
First of all, watch your language.

I don't know Mike Swauger, he doesn't know me. But for you to come out and accuse him of crap like that is pretty stupid, really. As for the tires deal, I don't see why Mike need to lie, that info about tires or no tires probably was given to him by higher source anyway. He is only the messanger.

I believe the majority of U.S. buyers are ready to pay the kind of money we'll be paying. It was really those that don't live in U.S. finding prices that was cheaper somewhere else in the world, come on here to try to educate U.S. buyers that it's a lot cheaper then what the U.S. pricing really is, which we have now know anything in the $350 range probably not from Mugen USA anyway.

Mike or Robbie are of Mugen USA, I'm thinking their info is really geared toward us, U.S. consumers, probably not so much for the people buying kits outside U.S. anyway.

Shipping from another country isn't cheap and the matter of fact is... for those of us U.S. racers that buy a Asia kit, for example... it's sealed and all, but when you open it, it's missing a pair of shocks, or an arm, or simply just missing something... where exactly and how are you going to get your replacement parts? If you can phone up Mugen Seiki and fluent in Japanese and they replace it for you, more power to you. But the fact is that 1 phone call to Mugen USA in CA, I bet you they'll have no problem making it right for you.

There are many reasons why all the support from Mugen USA and the possible future supports we will get from them outweighs the $100. I have ONLY called Mugen USA once myself regarding my JP motor, Robbie had offer to fix my problem free of charge, now that's support and service!!!!

Mugen MTX-4 - $450
JP FX-T03 - $400
ER bill for broken head from banging on the bench because your kit was missing shocks - $4000
Mugen USA support - PRICELESS

Dom
I think at the end it is just greed. Mugen USA is not the only one that has employees and shops to support. Other distributors in the world would have similar expenses. If the others can make enough with $350-370 at retailed price to support their operation, why Mugen USA needs to charge $450? Shipping? No way! I value customer support. But, why Mugen USA customer support would cost us, the USA consumer, a lot more compared to other countries?
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #1475
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Please, enough already about the price!! Lets get back to the car. Has anyone acually ran the car yet? I am very curious how close the base setup is. Has anyone got a light weight mid and main shaft (in stock) yet?
The car runs great in stock set-up.. will be doing more testing this weekend.

We have seen lap times going down with the MTX4 comparing with the MTX3.. (same driver/same engine)

I heard the K-Factory's lighten main shaft for the MTX3 fits the MTX-4.
Maybe you like to check them out..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #1476
Tech Initiate

YOU KNOW WHY? Coz they have to pay for those team drivers. Remember drivers get stuff for free. Plus salary Plus Travel Expense to race like in Italy (for example) Think about how much Mugen USA has to spend to send those Drivers for the World in Italy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
I think at the end it is just greed. Mugen USA is not the only one that has employees and shops to support. Other distributors in the world would have similar expenses. If the others can make enough with $350-370 at retailed price to support their operation, why Mugen USA needs to charge $450? Shipping? No way! I value customer support. But, why Mugen USA customer support would cost us, the USA consumer, a lot more compared to other countries?
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #1477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! If you have a problem with the price, thats your problem! Keep it to yourself and stay with what your driving. Nobody said you had to go out and buy it. If you want to complain about price, complain about the price of Gasoline!

The fact of the matter is, if you want it, buy it. If you want it and can't afford it right now, save up for it and you will appreciate it even more. And if you realy don't wan't it, but want to complain about it, keep it to yourself. Mugen, or any-other company is going to have price increases. This car is a very nice kit and has included some items that would be hopups on other kits.

I'm looking forward to getting this on the track. I've got 2, one for parts if I need them, and the other to race.

And I motion for an end to the price issues, it isn't going to change, anybody else had enough and second it?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #1478
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz

And I motion for an end to the price issues, it isn't going to change, anybody else had enough and second it?

I second it.

If anyone feel the price is not reasonable, just don't buy it. Simple.
CrayonShinChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #1479
Tech Regular

Cool Art's MTX-4 tips Pg. 2

http://www.rollcenterproducts.com/Bu..._-_part_2.html

Here's the second in the series.

-Joaquin
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #1480
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz

i third it!!

bring on the testing !!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #1481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I want to know....when did ART C. switch to Mugen....(from Serpent)...? Just wondering....

When the master swtiched to Mugen....it proved that Mugen must did something right...

P.S....Last, I still believe, after the 1st or 2nd batch of MTX4 are gone...the price of the kit will be back down to $360-380 (which match the HK or Japan price with shipping)....I believe.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #1482
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Please, enough already about the price!! Lets get back to the car. Has anyone acually ran the car yet? I am very curious how close the base setup is. Has anyone got a light weight mid and main shaft (in stock) yet?

i ran the car yesterday, i use the set-up from the kit and with front anti-roll bar horizon,finally with gray spring and the car feels like on rail coming in and out of the coner (don't overspeed )

i think the light weight mid shaft will come out soon, and the main one, the MTX-3's will fits.

compare with 3, 4 got the higher coner speed and more stable
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #1483
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF25510
compare with 3, 4 got the higher coner speed and more stable
That's true! I had to reduce the EPA to abt 80plus % and Dual rate to 75%

That's a lot of steering!!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #1484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I can clear up some of this stuff, but probably not all.

On the quality issue. I don't know where this started, but the kits are all made the same. What I tried to get across was the following. Mugen discovered the slight bulkhead fit issue before the US kits were sent out. Mugen USA decided to wait on the new properly fitting part instead of getting kits that had the improper fitting bulkhead. That is why the US market is one of the last markets to get kits. They could have gotten them a little earlier, but then everyone here would be whining about the part. Prime example of customer support.

Price issue: There are many factors that control the price. All the different distributors around the world set their own retail price (within reason). Obviously if someone sets a price too high then the cars won't sell and eventually Japan will look for a new distributor. Also, exchange rates, shipping costs and even standard of living makes a difference. The standard here is higher than in some other places so the profit margin has to be higher. Mugen USA probably should not have told people that the car was going to be about the same price as the MTX3 but they did and it was a mistake. They based that on what Japan was telling them at that time. Bottom line is by the time the kits hit the good ol USA they cost more than the MTX3.

I can't tell you how they are going to use the serial numbers to process customer support but it is like that with anything you buy in the grey market. If you buy your kit from Asia and there is a part missing, why would the US distributor (who made no money on the sale of the kit) send you the replacement.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but overall Mugen USA does a good job of support. I said this before and I will say it again. I am currently sponsored by Mugen USA and very much appreciate the support. I ran Mugen cars way before they ever sponsored me or I ever spoke one word to Mike or Robbie. Every time I needed help (missing part, or setup help... whatever) they always did whatever they could. When the MST1 came out there was an issue with axles breaking. A revised part came out and they replaced the broken ones whenever someone needed it. They could have just given you a new part number and told you to order it from your hobby shop.

On that ebay link. NOT TRUE on the 4-5 week thing. There should be more kits in the USA within 7 days. (Maybe less but no promises). We all want the new car. I am a team driver and I don't have one yet but I will very soon just like many of you. Then we can get on to world sedanomination.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 10-20-2005 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:45 PM   #1485
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Then we can get on to world sedanomination.
i like this line very much.. coz the RRRs are fast!