R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #4291
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I got some of these blue spur gears in and they are off. The diamater is wrong. It has the same amount of teeth but some are bigger around and some are smaller around.

I bought 3 54tooth and they are larger then the stock ones.
The 59tooth are smaller then the stock ones.

Can't set the gear mesh!!!!!! This product sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the review Joe. I'm not too surprised to be honest. In my experience with 3Racing the products have been very inconsistent. Some have been good and other have been absolutely steaming piles of ...... crap. I mean to say shit but I said crap. Oh well.

Anyway, the one-piece engine mount has been fine but the CVDs are suck-a-roo (i.e. shit .... ooops said it again). I've got the Tire Truer while not has good as Hudy, for the price I thought it was decent value. It did sort of fall apart but I was able to put it back together again. After putting on the Hudy cutting blade, it cut tires well, abeit more slowly than Hudy (I did a side by side comparison).

Anyway, thanks for the review.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #4292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1
I'm not too surprised to be honest. In my experience with 3Racing the products have been very inconsistent. Some have been good and other have been absolutely steaming piles of ...... crap.
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up. This is the first time I've heard anything bad about 3Racing products - but then again, I haven't been hanging in here for too long. I've got a few 3Racing hop-ups on my V1RRR (throttle linkage, brake lever, brake bracket, side stiffener), but those are not drivetrain components. I was really tempted to buy the tire truer the other day, because it pretty much looks like the Hudy - and the titanium 9mm pivot balls, because I bent two of mine, but I guess I won't be getting them now!
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #4293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is there any parts support near Raleigh, NC? Anything with a 919 area code...
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #4294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have the Tire Truer. It works very good when you get the Hudy cutter for it. It has plenty of power and is a lot cheaper than the Hudy. I am completely satisfied with mine. I have some of the gears on their way as well. I am a bit saddened to hear that they are crap, but at least they were only $2.50 a piece.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #4295
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

3racing is like poor man's kawahara, yes my experience with them has also been rather inconsistent, some of their alum. upgrades are good in qulity and fitment but things like universals, 2 speed shafts, pullys i will look elsewhere.

Quote:
Thanks for the review Joe. I'm not too surprised to be honest. In my experience with 3Racing the products have been very inconsistent. Some have been good and other have been absolutely steaming piles of ...... crap. I mean to say shit but I said crap. Oh well.

Anyway, the one-piece engine mount has been fine but the CVDs are suck-a-roo (i.e. shit .... ooops said it again). I've got the Tire Truer while not has good as Hudy, for the price I thought it was decent value. It did sort of fall apart but I was able to put it back together again. After putting on the Hudy cutting blade, it cut tires well, abeit more slowly than Hudy (I did a side by side comparison).

Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #4296
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I couldn't agree with you more. On my Kyosho's I snapped a front 3racing pulley shaft during an A-main. CVD's bend and snap like sticks of butter (and that's without hitting anything). Wheel hexes have a mind of their own. You'd think, wheel hexes, what could possible go wrong with them? Well only two of them twisted fairly bad. Bad enought to call them crap. I haven't bought anything from them within the last 2 years. The front sway bar mounts seemed to hold up well. But I used the stock blades to make sure that I can set them at the same angle and not worry if one blade is more or less tweeked than the other.

I have to admit they do have nice looking stuff for a decent price, but you get what you pay for. I've learned the hard way... and that is to stick with factory components if at all possible. But I've never had problems with anything Kawahara.

3Racing just needs to take the Jello out of their aluminum/alloy mix. Sorry, don't mean to rip on them, but it was a waste of my own money. Who cares about bling, stick to stock when at all possible. Then you'll feel like you didn't waste any track/race time.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #4297
Tech Champion

Quote:

Thanks to you !!! I almost stock up 3racing spur gears. Dammn.....

About 3 racing CVD, ..... yeah they are sucks big time. The pin is too thin, even my tamiya MSX got bigger pin.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #4298
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
I couldn't agree with you more. On my Kyosho's I snapped a front 3racing pulley shaft during an A-main. CVD's bend and snap like sticks of butter (and that's without hitting anything). Wheel hexes have a mind of their own. You'd think, wheel hexes, what could possible go wrong with them? Well only two of them twisted fairly bad. Bad enought to call them crap. I haven't bought anything from them within the last 2 years. The front sway bar mounts seemed to hold up well. But I used the stock blades to make sure that I can set them at the same angle and not worry if one blade is more or less tweeked than the other.

I have to admit they do have nice looking stuff for a decent price, but you get what you pay for. I've learned the hard way... and that is to stick with factory components if at all possible. But I've never had problems with anything Kawahara.

3Racing just needs to take the Jello out of their aluminum/alloy mix. Sorry, don't mean to rip on them, but it was a waste of my own money. Who cares about bling, stick to stock when at all possible. Then you'll feel like you didn't waste any track/race time.
Some 3racing alluminium parts are okay, but I suspect they are not 7075 T6 alluminium.

I strongly agree about using original mugen parts.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #4299
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

speaking of CVDs, mugen is in my opinion is the strongest
Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #4300
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Agreed you cant beat the original Mugen quality
Old 04-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #4301
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Agree... snapped 3 in a row during a sunday practice, all ones broke on the same place, around the pin. Went to LHS and bought one set of Mugen, still are mounted on my MTX3, with some care they last forever.

Some aluminium parts from 3Racing are fine (pulley holders and others... i.e: spur gear housings), but others leave much to desire.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #4302
Tech Adept

Just get extra careful so you wont break somthin ryt?
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #4303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sad to here about the spurs, the guys just ordered a heap of them, hope they're a different batch and are ok. if not i'm glad i got some spare mugen spurs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I got some of these blue spur gears in and they are off. The diamater is wrong. It has the same amount of teeth but some are bigger around and some are smaller around.

I bought 3 54tooth and they are larger then the stock ones.
The 59tooth are smaller then the stock ones.

Can't set the gear mesh!!!!!! This product sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 AM   #4304
Tech Elite

i'm thimking seriously about runing an sti sirio as well ,have to wait another 3 weeks for them to arrive though. would apreciate any feedback on powercurve, peak power and reliability, cause heard the glass crank problem has been fixed.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
I was quite interested too about those little ninjas. Got pissed of waiting and had a great price for a pair of Sirios T3-E STI (Blueprinted ones). This weekend I'll break-in one of those little puppies and will see how perform.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:22 AM   #4305
Tech Elite

itchin to go racing !

finally have my new mtx4 and have to wait till first weekend of next month to run it on the track! i set car up using Keisuke Fukuda's setup for med size, low traction, med surface , has anyone tried this set up and how does the drive?