R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-19-2004, 12:24 AM   #14026
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Track width

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Nah... now I know why you dont answer my question.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:39 AM   #14027
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
D.. if I were you, after this high technical explanation.. I would definetely take them all out and put new one in better yet, put on a new fresh S710 as well
Not at the moment. Anyway, I forsee myself being tied up with the house and the new indoor track in the backyard (j/k). So I don't think there'll be anything new with regards to the car.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:40 AM   #14028
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: TRacktion Roll

Quote:
You may want to try different shock piston and oil combo with different springs and shock position also. That's the reason why Mr. Awie's car has too much traction (flip with 37 shore) but Mr. Dhanu's very comfortable with 35 shore without sacrifice lap times.

By the way, too much traction doesn't always produce faster lap times you know. it also happens on Formula 1 racing And yes indeed, lowering your ride height from 5 (front) and 6 (rear) to 4.5 (front) and 5 (rear) will make a HUGE effects.

Ready for race in Bandung next week?

From my experience, Bandung chicks are far more better than Jakarta's
Thank for sharing.. this is once in a lifetime opportunities (j/k) As I said, I prefer to have more traction than it is not since loosing it is an easier task for me.

I skip Bandung this time since I believe they also don`t come to Sby race yah? I spent 3 hours looking for that chicks and only found sitting duck waiting to be shoot... how`s that happened?
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 AM   #14029
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
that may happen in HRS but not in PCM. Did you also have the fail safe HRS back then when you had problems?
I did not have the HRS back then. I was running the PCM receiver at that time.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:44 AM   #14030
Tech Prophet

Quote:
And a JP-FX would certainly guarantee no radio problems anymore
That would seal the deal woudn't it.

Hey, would that be the same as what crashed_1 is running? KO Helios radio with JP full option engine?

I guess it is confirmed that he has the RING at the moment.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #14031
Tech Master

Quote:
And a JP-FX would certainly guarantee no radio problems anymore
can`t go wrong with this D.. but Mr. Giant has oppotunities to witness JP-FX being slower than local mods RR12L5.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:46 AM   #14032
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: TRacktion Roll

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I spent 3 hours looking for that chicks and only found sitting duck waiting to be shoot... how`s that happened?
No guide, no glory lah.....
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:49 AM   #14033
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: TRacktion Roll

Quote:
That's the reason why Mr. Awie's car has too much traction (flip with 37 shore) but Mr. Dhanu's very comfortable with 35 shore without sacrifice lap times.
Wait a minute, are you saying that Awie is now driving G4? so your mission is killing mugen population? then how`s his mugen store in JITC with IT?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:51 AM   #14034
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Not at the moment. Anyway, I forsee myself being tied up with the house and the new indoor track in the backyard (j/k). So I don't think there'll be anything new with regards to the car.
Cool!!!! Indoor track at D's place - I'll get onto Serpent - we have to arrange a Serpent challenge for next years world tour Wifey will be very happy to have so many friendly and noisy guys at your place
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:25 AM   #14035
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Cool!!!! Indoor track at D's place - I'll get onto Serpent - we have to arrange a Serpent challenge for next years world tour Wifey will be very happy to have so many friendly and noisy guys at your place
Mark, you want me to get into trouble with wifey?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:44 AM   #14036
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Mark, you want me to get into trouble with wifey?
Me No way Bro! Hey, D, you don't think Wifey has been tampering with your RC stuff, do you Strange all those problems with the RC gear AND lots of stuff to do at home
Old 07-19-2004, 03:53 AM   #14037
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Hey, D, you don't think Wifey has been tampering with your RC stuff, do you Strange all those problems with the RC gear AND lots of stuff to do at home
You're cruel Mark ! Putting evil thoughts and stuff into my brain...

Perhaps you've got a point. Wifey was making noise that I went ahead for RC instead of packing ! What to do? Weather has been good last weekend and apparently it's been raining here almost every other day. I hope when I'm needed most at home, it rains on that weekend so that I don't feel bad missing RC.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:03 AM   #14038
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
You're cruel Mark ! Putting evil thoughts and stuff into my brain...

Perhaps you've got a point. Wifey was making noise that I went ahead for RC instead of packing ! What to do? Weather has been good last weekend and apparently it's been raining here almost every other day. I hope when I'm needed most at home, it rains on that weekend so that I don't feel bad missing RC.

Man I tell you, you can win a lot of points here if you plan right Everytime it rains, do loads at home volunteer even! - you earn big, big points and then when it is Sunny say you need a little rest and how nice it would be to go RCing
Old 07-19-2004, 05:47 AM   #14039
Tech Adept

Default Re: Radio Problems

Quote:
Guys, I need your precious feedbacks !

Problem 1

I have a 3PK with HRS receiver. Futaba S9451 steering and KO 2144 throttle / brake servos. Symptom is when I get to about 50 feet from my Tx and car, the car looses signal and the throtte servo goes into fail safe mode.

Problem 2

When I swap my HRS receiver to the PCM one, I was able to control the servos like normal after switching from HRS to PCM mode on the Tx.

But if I go like 150 feet away, I find that especially the throttle input is pretty slow. I could notice this from the sound of the engine revs of the engine I get compared to the throttle input I give it. Sometimes, the throttle input seems like it's stuck to partially open and takes some time to get back to neutral position.

Summary

I don't know if the two problems above are related and that would mean either my servo or my Tx module is toast. My suspect with the first one is the antenna wire of the Rx wire is probably broken halfway. As to the second problem, I suspect that my KO throttle servo is a little off !

Any inputs to this is much appreciated.

Hi I D in reference to the problem you have with your 3PK, I had a similar problem which it took me lots of time to solve it. I am using the HRS with two S9550 digital servos and had the same problem even after changing to a PCM Rx.

After two weeks of breaking my head I found that the screw that holds the Transmitter antenna has a small washer with a cable, this screw was loose so the washer was not doing a good contact so the transmitter antenna so it was not sending a clean signal, I open the Tr tight the screw (put some look tide) and the problem disappear.

You might one to check if that could be your problem.
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:56 AM   #14040
Tech Rookie

Smile Serpent 710 tips!

Hi!
I am new at this popular forum!

Some tips for the S-710.

I recomend to use the new alu levers for the front, as it stabilizes fhe front and makes front down-stop settings more accurate.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3356

On my car I have changed the rear ds-screws to a M4 for more stabile ds setting.

Regards,
Per-Ola
PER-OLA HARD is offline   Reply With Quote