R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2004, 12:41 PM   #11056
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Take your time ... as long as you make it, no worries.
I'll do it definately - it should look pretty good when I put it together with iMovie

Quote:

Now that I'm rebuilding the car I'll definitely have the one-way in there.
I love the oneway now I won't be tempted to go back to a solid axel

Quote:
I need to review the tape to see the qualifying times but the 710 swiped all top 3 positions in the 30 mins final ... Mark Green won.
Cool!!! now I don't have to wait for the mytsn report to know the result.

Quote:
Not bad at all and with the 710 and JP 5P, you'll gain 1 sec easily. Promise!
Oh, don't let me dream of that But actually, my mate who won with the 710 is around about 0.5 seconds a lap quicker this year - same motor just a change from 705 to 710
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:01 PM   #11057
Tech Elite

Default Lubing the metal shielded Centax bearings

I found that by using the Serpent Bearing Lube, the metal shielded centax bearings were ok for a days run, but then needed re-doing.
I'm going to try a 30WT oil, which feels much thicker than the bearing lube I was using. I'll see how long it lasts.

To lube the bearings, I do the following: soak them in degreaser for a good while and then dry them out in the oven @ about 150 degrees C. Then I apply the oil to them, with the still in the over and leave them a while to soak through. Then I take them out, leave them to cool down and wipe the excess oil off them. Seems to work ok

Last edited by markp27; 05-23-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #11058
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Quote:
well I am about to order the helios but I have a question does that extencion is really a must?
its not a must make drving more confortable
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #11059
Tech Initiate

Please exuse me before flaming me-

I HATE THIS F%^&*%(^& THREAD!!!!

Individual cars should have their own forums not a single thread for 400 pages. Forums froma software perspective were not designed for that. Plus it makes searching IMPOSSIBLE!

Can we please break the threads out into a sing forum please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
bigknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #11060
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by bigknot

Individual cars should have their own forums not a single thread for 400 pages. Forums froma software perspective were not designed for that. Plus it makes searching IMPOSSIBLE!

I don't hate this thread... but I do agree it can be a pain to go through it, especially after not visiting for a while and there are 10 new pages to read...
I think it would be hard to make a seperate forum for each and every car, since there are so many manufacturers, classes and models.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #11061
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
well I am about to order the helios but I have a question does that extencion is really a must?
It really makes steering comfortable...plus it looks COOL!!!..Winner in the bench race
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:55 PM   #11062
Tech Prophet

Quote:
bigknot, I don't think it's impossible to find for information. What are you specifically looking for? Ask politely and we will try to assist you however we can.

Having a huge thread like this is inevitable. But then again, people like Mr. markp27 should be given credit for painstakingly compiling most of the stuff you need to know or get you started with the 710. Do you find this in other forums? Don't think so.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:21 PM   #11063
Suspended

HAHAHA people on the other car forums are also calling this car "the glass car" I thought I was the only one

either way this car is made of glass
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #11064
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:

Bigknot - That would be great to have a forum for every single car ever created, but do you know how much of a NIGHTMARE that would be to moderate? how much extra space that would take up?

It would be insane.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:04 PM   #11065
Tech Elite

Quote:

first of all, this thread has become a kind of community - it sprang out of the 705 forum and you'll find it the source of some of the best information within rctech - team drivers, enthusiasts and even the car designers are all here and are all often involved in conversations.
If this thread were to be broken up, then the very nature of what this thread is (central resource) would also be broken!!!
Due to the friendly nature of this thread, there has evolved a more social level of posting which doesn't always keep to the thread name, but I wouldn't like to see it change.
Ask for help here and you'll get it very, very quickly - you have recieved all the help you have asked for so for, so don't start saying you hate this thread!!!! If you hate it then go somewhere else and try and find the support you get here!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #11066
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
Bigknot - That would be great to have a forum for every single car ever created, but do you know how much of a NIGHTMARE that would be to moderate? how much extra space that would take up?

It would be insane.
Quote:
"When you can leave black marks from the exit of every turn to the braking points of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."
Quote:
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it."
ROTF..!! Damn!!, I like your statement... can I use it?

For those who complain about this forum, please understand that there is no "free lunch" in this world. So as long as the information in this thread / forum is free, dont be too lazy lah...
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #11067
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy
HAHAHA people on the other car forums are also calling this car "the glass car" I thought I was the only one

Obviously originality isn't a strong point of yours

Its true though the car is made of glass - I have to wear gloves to handle it - everyone knows its made of glass - I race on a cotton-wool track!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #11068
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy

Shame hudy... feeling a little... INEXPERIENCED and embarresed about it?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #11069
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
So as long as the information in this thread / forum is free, dont be too lazy lah...

Hey bro, how did you do with your glass car in the GQ Cup? Any results?
Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #11070
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Its true though the car is made of glass - I have to wear gloves to handle it - everyone knows its made of glass - I race on a cotton-wool track!