R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #11071
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
first of all, this thread has become a kind of community - it sprang out of the 705 forum and you'll find it the source of some of the best information within rctech - team drivers, enthusiasts and even the car designers are all here and are all often involved in conversations.
If this thread were to be broken up, then the very nature of what this thread is (central resource) would also be broken!!!
Due to the friendly nature of this thread, there has evolved a more social level of posting which doesn't always keep to the thread name, but I wouldn't like to see it change.
Ask for help here and you'll get it very, very quickly - you have recieved all the help you have asked for so for, so don't start saying you hate this thread!!!! If you hate it then go somewhere else and try and find the support you get here!
HEAR HEAR!!!
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #11072
Tech Fanatic

Guys... Am I the only one getting a little irritated with little inexperience whipper snappers that should be running RTRs coming into this thread and calling our piece of CHRYSTAL a glass car... IT IS CHRYSTAL, and beautiful at that. I think you should all keep to your own forums\threads and not come here...

Any way.

I ran my 710 this weekend for about a tank. WOW!!!

My clutch was slipping madly, so I rebuilt it. I had to warm the engine with the heatgun as the starter could not turn the engine over... But I must admit that the motor SCREAMS like a bat in hell. I had to stop running as the car made too much noise at home. I was running it in the parking at home to dial in the two speed and the clutch. but I must admit. IT is fast ant that KO servo is SO responsive. I had rubbers on it and it still stuck like superglue!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:51 PM   #11073
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

Hey bro, how did you do with your glass car in the GQ Cup? Any results?
Hey,
Not a good race for me, I didn't make a single heat without a tangle so only made C main. But Im feeling that my GLASS is getting better and better.
Bravo to Pyramid ! Qualf in A10, finish in 5th position. He setup his GLASS in extreme condition (after heavy rain) slipping clutch, slipping diff ! 50% negative expo to overcome the condition.

Very tight race, 70 entry, Heat result : pos. 1 - 17 in the same 17 laps (no.2 - 7 in the same 5.07). Pos 18 - 44 in the same 16 laps.
And Teddy Syach is still very strong for other racer.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:12 AM   #11074
Suspended

you serpent fans seem to take my comments as a joke when infact im 100% serious about what I say
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:23 AM   #11075
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy
you serpent fans seem to take my comments as a joke when infact im 100% serious about what I say
Hudy, we don't care what you think - either you lie about your age or you are a very immature 20/21 year-old. We are happy with our glass cars - now move along and find somewhere else to play your games.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #11076
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy
Easy hudy, it was you that started that "Glass" thing and we just follow up.
1 Advice, if you dont like dont buy! If you bought already, sell it! no need to bash and talking like you know everything.
Everybody has their own preference, you have to respect that.
If you dont gave your respect, as you see now .. nobody respet you.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:29 AM   #11077
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Guys... Am I the only one getting a little irritated with little inexperience whipper snappers that should be running RTRs coming into this thread and calling our piece of CHRYSTAL a glass car... IT IS CHRYSTAL, and beautiful at that. I think you should all keep to your own forums\threads and not come here...
Ach, he can say what he likes - to me he just looks like an ignorant child, the type that says he hates the untasted vegtable. He can say what he likes - he just trolling - just a lack of maturity.

Quote:
I ran my 710 this weekend for about a tank. WOW!!!

My clutch was slipping madly, so I rebuilt it. I had to warm the engine with the heatgun as the starter could not turn the engine over... But I must admit that the motor SCREAMS like a bat in hell. I had to stop running as the car made too much noise at home. I was running it in the parking at home to dial in the two speed and the clutch. but I must admit. IT is fast ant that KO servo is SO responsive. I had rubbers on it and it still stuck like superglue!
My clutch was slipping a bit, but then I shimed the bell housing to 0.5mm instead of the 0.7mm and brought the end play down to a real minimum - just say see it move when I push-pull.
You'll have to go to the track or somewhere quite large to test it out, though. Its difficult to dial the car in in confined spaces.
Looks like you're happy though
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #11078
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Ach, he can say what he likes - to me he just looks like an ignorant child, the type that says he hates the untasted vegtable. He can say what he likes - he just trolling - just a lack of maturity.

My clutch was slipping a bit, but then I shimed the bell housing to 0.5mm instead of the 0.7mm and brought the end play down to a real minimum - just say see it move when I push-pull.
You'll have to go to the track or somewhere quite large to test it out, though. Its difficult to dial the car in in confined spaces.
Looks like you're happy though
Yeah, Thanks... just difficult to find a wide open space with power for the heat gun.

Thank you for the advice, I did rebuilt the clutch, I must say that I am EXTREMELY Happy, soon I will be eating up the guys at the track... I mounted my (unpainted) bodies and keep getting them scew, I think I am just a silly little loon. I agree with you about hudy. immature... anyway, use the ignore function.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #11079
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Yeah, Thanks... just difficult to find a wide open space with power for the heat gun.

Thank you for the advice, I did rebuilt the clutch, I must say that I am EXTREMELY Happy, soon I will be eating up the guys at the track... I mounted my (unpainted) bodies and keep getting them scew, I think I am just a silly little loon. I agree with you about hudy. immature... anyway, use the ignore function.
Cool, I hadn't seen that function before - just tried it out
Old 05-24-2004, 01:35 AM   #11080
Tech Elite

Just ordered an Orion PRO LCS lap counter At our track the laps are only timed on race day which means that it is not always possible to see if you're making progress - I was a bit sceptic about getting the PRO LCS as I wasn't too sure how good it is, but then I saw someone selling one on ebay last night and he got 3 short of the new price so I though, what the hell, if it doesn't work, I'll sell it
Old 05-24-2004, 01:43 AM   #11081
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Just ordered an Orion PRO LCS lap counter
It looks like somebody is already smitten by racing bug ! I checked it up and it's pretty expensive. But heck, it beats buying the whole AMB lap counting system !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:43 AM   #11082
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

hey, anyone who could tell me the best wire allignment of battery pack ? i curently have had two battery pack which the wire in different length. thank you
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:45 AM   #11083
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Bravo to Pyramid ! Qualf in A10, finish in 5th position. He setup his GLASS in extreme condition (after heavy rain) slipping clutch, slipping diff ! 50% negative expo to overcome the condition.

Cool. Being top 5 in the whole of Indonesia says something. Congrats to Pyramid.

I guess the best part is the experience and enjoyment you guys had.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:59 AM   #11084
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
hey, anyone who could tell me the best wire allignment of battery pack ? i curently have had two battery pack which the wire in different length. thank you
Here's Rene Cornella's neat wiring on his 710 - if you then follow his method, you should only need a shortish wire from the batteries.
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL115/...2/48523408.jpg

It is important to first decide where you want your recivers power plug and then you can decide on the length of the battery wires.

Cheers, mark
Old 05-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #11085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
It looks like somebody is already smitten by racing bug ! I checked it up and it's pretty expensive. But heck, it beats buying the whole AMB lap counting system !
Racing bug 100% How much did you see the LCS for - I got it from rccarinternational for 159 and the guy last night on ebay got 156 for a second hand one