R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-18-2003, 07:14 PM   #976
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
1. What comes standard up front, ball diff, gear diff or one way? The solid diff conversion are options, correct?
The mytsn 710 product page says that the car will come with a one way front. At the moment, it is mentioned that you need to purchase the optional pins (not mentioned if indeed this would be included in the kit) to lock the front one way to convert it to a front solid axle. The front ball diff is an optional part.

Quote:
2. How well fo the pulleys hold up. I still have bad memories of my old Kyosho demolishing pulleys after every 3 rund before swapping to the aluminum ones (one reason I'm running shaft now)
If they are anything like the current 705 pulleys, it would be terrific ! I've not had to replace any pulleys because of wear and I run mostly on fairly dirty tracks. Maintenance is the key. The only thing that the 705 pulleys developed is some play in the aluminum pulley adapters. Well, I have not changed them and they seem to run faster and faster with no problems !

Quote:
3. I see the battery pack is that funny shaped one with aaa cells made to it. Is it possible that an the red Ofna 'Brick' pack will fit instead?
The red OFNA flat brick receiver pack is about the same as the Venom brick pack (uses 5 flat brick cells) which is approx 18 x 31 x 49 mm in dimension. The AAA cyclindrical diameter is about 10.5 mm. Under the tank, you have about 11 mm of space. Unless you can reconfigure the flat brack receiver pack (which is possible seeing that the thickness of a single brick flat cell is 6 mm), you might not be able to slot it under the tank.

Quote:
4. Those rims are nice. What shore foams are going on them?
The FAQ on mytsn only states that the 710 will come with the ordinary rims that is the same 6 spoke wheel foams that comes with the 705. The new rims will only come out mid 2004.

Quote:
With all the feedback on this forum, I may have to take a chance and get one for next race season!
Your always welcome. Good luck and please also consider the parts support in your local area. We would not want to be accused of making you jump on the Serpent bandwagon for nothing...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #977
Tech Regular

Or are you using the Ralph Burch trix with 950 arms?
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #978
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Any pic's of the upper rear arm mod ? My turn to be the idjt, how do you mod the arm
Hey, it's not even Friday !

This is the pic I posted back a while ago. This is with the 950 rear adjustable upper arm that is botched up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear_adjustable_arms_1.jpg (182.7 KB, 198 views)
Old 11-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #979
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Or are you using the Ralph Burch trix with 950 arms?
Nope. I think Burch's rear upper arms were longer. I think it was with different parts. Rene mentioned a while ago that he also used it...
Old 11-18-2003, 07:38 PM   #980
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Fuel Tank??

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Did anybody now about the fuel tank,, remenber that the filter inside that tank where not made from the same quality like the old tank, so we have to use externals fuel filters to solve some engine tunings problems!!,, Any body from Serpent Guys like to coment in this??
I think it's still the same tank with the same fuel filter inside it. I believe you need to use the external filter on the 710.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #981
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by JA5ON
i remember u posted some pics on ur mod rear upper link using 950 arm. did u cut some materials away & glue them back?
Glue? Hell no. Not like what the Serpent test drivers did to their prtotype 710 !

I cut away some material of the 950 upper rear adjustable arm to replace the one on the 705.

The 950 upper rear arm is adjustable with a stud screw to join and screw in both parts. The stud screw provided was a little long. So I used a shorter one.

After once or twice hard crash in the rear, part of the rear upper arm stripped out from the stud screw. I guess it could be the problem of the shorter stud screw I used.

Also, with the 950 upper rear arms, it is not aligned fully with the existing screw hole in the 705 rear bearing knuckles. So when installed, it is slightly bent ! The upper arm part where the 9 mm pivot ball is secured is slightly positioned towards the rear.

Have a search at the 705 forum. I think it should still be there if anybody is interested to see it...

So now what I did was to cut the stock 705 upper arms, drill holes to thread a stud screw and screw in both end parts in as shown in the pic attached.

p/s: Did you just came back from the Reedy Race in Thailand? How was it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_rear_upper_arm.jpg (169.0 KB, 142 views)
Old 11-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #982
Tech Adept

Thumbs down Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I think it's still the same tank with the same fuel filter inside it. I believe you need to use the external filter on the 710.
Just can't belive it that they don't fix this little bug at the 705!!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:06 PM   #983
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Hey Punisher, that forum is an Spanish version,, did you speak spanish??,, anyways you have done a great research,, thanks!!
Hey Paul,
I speak a little bit of Spanish. From being and growing up at the U.S. and Mex. Border you would think I know a lot of Spanish (speak, write and read). But this is not the case I never really picked up the language and Iím sorry for that.

A friend of mine pointed out this site to me and I wanted to share with other Snake Heads!! That site shows very detail picture and great views of the 710!!

Here is the 2nd page of that thread if you can't read spanish or didn't see "more photos".

<<Click Here>>
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #984
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Glue? Hell no. Not like what the Serpent test drivers did to their prtotype 710 !

I cut away some material of the 950 upper rear adjustable arm to replace the one on the 705.

The 950 upper rear arm is adjustable with a stud screw to join and screw in both parts. The stud screw provided was a little long. So I used a shorter one.

After once or twice hard crash in the rear, part of the rear upper arm stripped out from the stud screw. I guess it could be the problem of the shorter stud screw I used.

Also, with the 950 upper rear arms, it is not aligned fully with the existing screw hole in the 705 rear bearing knuckles. So when installed, it is slightly bent ! The upper arm part where the 9 mm pivot ball is secured is slightly positioned towards the rear.

Have a search at the 705 forum. I think it should still be there if anybody is interested to see it...

So now what I did was to cut the stock 705 upper arms, drill holes to thread a stud screw and screw in both end parts in as shown in the pic attached.

p/s: Did you just came back from the Reedy Race in Thailand? How was it?
thx for feedback. found the page on 705 thread. my only fear will be the arm not as strong as b4 after removing some materials away.

no, i didnt go for the reedy race, no electric but some of my frens r there having fun!!! they shd be back yesterday or today.
JA5ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:10 PM   #985
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by JA5ON
thx for feedback. found the page on 705 thread. my only fear will be the arm not as strong as b4 after removing some materials away.
That is why I think the second pic mod will hold up better because it aligns better and does not put the rear arms under stree like if you did with the 950's adjustable upper rear arms.

I agree with you that after removing some materials away the arms will not be as strong as before but if you take a look at the other cars and see their camber links in the rear, you'll find that they are more fragile than even when the arms are modded !

Heck, just curious if anyone replaced a broken upper rear arm before... I bet this is one of the most unsellable part for Serpent 705 and Impulse !
Old 11-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #986
Tech Regular

Quote:
[
Heck, just curious if anyone replaced a broken upper rear arm before... I bet this is one of the most unsellable part for Serpent 705 and Impulse ! [/B]
The 705 is my 6:th "impulse based" car and and in all the driving and racing I have done with these cars I have never been able to break this part. I have totaled 2 impulses to the point where it was acctually cheaper to buy a new kit than to buy all spares necessary, but never broke this part. Got plenty of spares by now....
Old 11-18-2003, 10:56 PM   #987
Tech Prophet

Quote:
The 705 is my 6:th "impulse based" car and and in all the driving and racing I have done with these cars I have never been able to break this part. I have totaled 2 impulses to the point where it was acctually cheaper to buy a new kit than to buy all spares necessary, but never broke this part. Got plenty of spares by now....
Hey, as a gesture of appreciation for all the 705 / Impulse has given us, we should sent this used upper rear arm part back to Serpent to show them this is how we like them to build the cars and for more parts like this to come with the 710 !
Old 11-18-2003, 11:13 PM   #988
Tech Regular

Alright, somebody give me an adress and I'll even gift wrap it for the holidays. Seriously, it is easy to get nostalgic about your old cars and how much fun you have had with them. I should be on ebay selling stuff all the time, but I get so emotionally attached to these things.... My sparring partner at the track and great friend Ammdrew has the same issue, I caught him keeping his old practise body from last years winternats... I can promise you that you have never seen a more used body, not only does it have shoe-goo to hold it together, during the racing we ran out of goo and he resorted to band-aid to keep a huge crack at the base of the windshield in check. Maybe I can have him send that body to The snake team as well...

And soon the time will be here to build up a whole new box of spareparts marked 710 !!! Can't wait.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #989
Tech Regular

Am I starting to post stuff that is completely irrelevant to the topic? SHAME on me, I used to be the police telling people to keep focused. Sorry, just too excited these days.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:19 PM   #990
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hey, as a gesture of appreciation for all the 705 / Impulse has given us, we should sent this used upper rear arm part back to Serpent to show them this is how we like them to build the cars and for more parts like this to come with the 710 !
wow.. maybe it's just me.. i've broken upper rear on my impact and on my 705 as well. but just those 2 times.. what i remember the most is the right steering arm. If you break your arm, it's always the right one. i wonder why.
btw i've decided to go with 950R. hell why not. i've tried pretty much everything from Serpent except 8th scale. oh do you know anyone who has brand new veteq in box? Would love to build one and hang it on my wall. too beautiful to drive it.
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote