R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-18-2003, 12:34 PM   #946
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What about titanium steering tie rods like on the 950?
For my 705 steering rods I ordered Lunsford Ti turnbuckles and also for the rear swaybar pushrods. 2" and 1 5/8" for the steering rods I believe, 1" for the swaybar. Probably different lenghts on the 710 since both steering rods seem to be the same length.

I never got the 1 5/8" and 2" turnbuckles, they just were not in the parcel. When I addressed this, the shop accused me of wanting a free set, well, not in so many words...

I won't say it was "Superior Hobbies".

Oops
RaceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:20 PM   #947
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
I found some really close-up pictures of the 710.

<<Click Here>>

PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #948
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
I found some really close-up pictures of the 710.

<<Click Here>>

Nice find PUNISHER.
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:41 PM   #949
Tech Rookie

HERE are some more!
RaceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:31 PM   #950
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Shock seals

Quote:
Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Does the 710 come with the new low friction shock shaft seals and light bladder caps, also are the drive belts made of a lower friction material than the existing Impulse/705 versions.
I don't think Serpent has low friction shock shaft options and low friction belts. However, I would not know if the softer red shock bladders would be in the kit instead of the stock black ones. Comments Rene?

Quote:
I notice that K Factory offer ultra low friction drive belts for the G4 which the reports say are significantly better than the standard belts in terms of drivetrain drag.
I think there is some tips posted by Rob Kuijper on the 950 forum on how to make the drivetrain free. I'll repost them form convenience...

With the 4wd 950 is also possible to get it running smooth, but then you have friction of the wider belts and bigger bearings. You can make it smoother by lubrikating the bearings with our # 1682 oil and spray the belts with silicone spray to make resistance less. Sometimes we also sand off the outer layer from the belt to make it more flexible and thus giving it less dragg.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #951
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: TP05 vs TP06 Pipe Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
Go for the TP06.
The big difference between this pipes is, that the Tp05 is good to get high-speed. On lower rpmís itís not the perfect pipe. So when you only drive on fast tracks the TP05 is a good pipe.
For slower tracks I used (before TP06) the 2196 (an Impact pipe) for slower tracks. The TP06 is also very good on lower rpmís and nearly as good as the TP06. Since this pipe is on the marked (ok, I had some pipes earlier to test) I only use this pipe.
In the country where I race there is a restriction of the diameter of the pipe (5.2mm). So I could not use the outlaw version.
Itís the best pipe I ever saw.
Thanks for the info Rene. Incidently, Novarossi also came out with newer pipes in the market about the same time. Do you think that the TP06 pipes (Outlaw = 52607 and EFRA version = 52606) are the same as these pipes below? They look about the same...

Old 11-18-2003, 03:01 PM   #952
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Hmmmmm, the first thing I saw on the picture galleries.........aluminium pillow balls.

As I remembered on the Mid-west series, quite alot of racer (running 705) upgraded all the possible LIGHT WEIGHT parts including this pillow balls, and I saw quite some 705 ended up having the pillow balls (light weight one) SHEARED off at the ball/threaded area.......

Is this one any better then those..........? Because I think I would rather finish the race with just a hair heavier then using these light weight one that are very easy to break.....not just Serpent....NTC3's alluminum pillow ball, Mugen MTX-3 aluminum pillow balls and almost ALL alluminum maded pillow balls are all breaking at the same spot....

I don't really think it is the design, it is the material, and I think that is "You gain one thing, and you lose one thing" deal....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:05 PM   #953
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Shock seals

Quote:
I don't think Serpent has low friction shock shaft options and low friction belts. However, I would not know if the softer red shock bladders would be in the kit instead of the stock black ones. Comments Rene?[/i]
These are what I had in mind InitialD.

Old 11-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #954
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Hmmmmm, the first thing I saw on the picture galleries.........aluminium pillow balls.

As I remembered on the Mid-west series, quite alot of racer (running 705) upgraded all the possible LIGHT WEIGHT parts including this pillow balls, and I saw quite some 705 ended up having the pillow balls (light weight one) SHEARED off at the ball/threaded area.......

Is this one any better then those..........? Because I think I would rather finish the race with just a hair heavier then using these light weight one that are very easy to break.....not just Serpent....NTC3's alluminum pillow ball, Mugen MTX-3 aluminum pillow balls and almost ALL alluminum maded pillow balls are all breaking at the same spot....

I don't really think it is the design, it is the material, and I think that is "You gain one thing, and you lose one thing" deal....
I agree, titanium ones would surely be a lot better.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #955
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I believe these aluminum pivot balls looked like they come from the ones used on the FC Steering blocks on the 705 (801219). I've used them (still using them) and they seem to hold good.

I think the ones the other guys may have been using on their 705 is the 808347 aluminum pivot balls. I would not know if their aluminum material is different than the 801219 aluminum material but the 808347 pivot balls are much longer (same as stock steel pivot ball length) than the 801219 aluminum pivot balls.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #956
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I agree, titanium ones would surely be a lot better.
Yup agreed. But that would drive the cost up, wouldn't it?

Then again, if it's the same titanium shit on the NTC3, I would stick to Serpent's aluminum pivot balls anyday !
Old 11-18-2003, 03:20 PM   #957
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Shock seals

Quote:
These are what I had in mind InitialD.

Ok... I believe in the newer batch of the 705 kits, these purple O rings are all included in the shock assembly. The same goes for the aluminum wheel hexes with grub screws... They were also included in the later 705 kits.

So I would think (and hope) it would be the same for the 710...
Old 11-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #958
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I believe these aluminum pivot balls looked like they come from the ones used on the FC Steering blocks on the 705 (801219). I've used them (still using them) and they seem to hold good.
I think you should try it.
We been using it with no problem even for rear suspension ( with 4.5 - 5 deg camber), means only 3/4 (threaded part) part is threaded to arm.
Just once i ever seen it popes out from the fc blocks(in front) after hard slamming in brick wall, but its still hold up well in the both arms.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM   #959
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Shock seals

Quote:
Ok... I believe in the newer batch of the 705 kits, these purple O rings are all included in the shock assembly. The same goes for the aluminum wheel hexes with grub screws... They were also included in the later 705 kits.

So I would think (and hope) it would be the same for the 710...
I do hope so

D, do you use the purple (new) oring in the alu. shock body ?
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 06:08 PM   #960
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shock seals

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
D, do you use the purple (new) oring in the alu. shock body ?
Yes I am. Front and rear.