Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Diff Assembly Fixed

Originally posted by BaxterC
Where did you get your Super Grease from, I have been trying to get from one of the LHSs here, but they keep trying to sell me some MIP Diff LUBE, which I bought, BUT, I didn't realise that the little tub had only enought to persuade a scale to move toward the 1 gram mark...

I got that grease from our LHS. Perhaps you could try emailing RCCarinternational or the other HK websites.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey, get it up and done quick man. Seeing your pics is already making me impatient !
Well, I couldn't resist doing some last night Supposed to be training for my bike races
I fitted the engine last night - boy, I forgot how much I hate setting up the clutch! I only had to shim the thrust bearing with a 0.1mm shim.
Now all that's left is the fitting of the two servos and the RX unit
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Diff Assembly Fixed

I got that grease from our LHS. Perhaps you could try emailing RCCarinternational or the other HK websites.
SWEET Thank you....
Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Originally posted by markp27
I fitted the engine last night - boy, I forgot how much I hate setting up the clutch! I only had to shim the thrust bearing with a 0.1mm shim.
Do you put more than 0.5 mm shim behind the brass collet near the front engine bearing? Did you tighten the clutch nut to the flywheel hard enough?

Perhaps after some runs when everything else in the clutch settles in, you need to put more shims inside. This is what I found on mine.

Good luck with those. That would take some time to get it perfect too.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Well, I couldn't resist doing some last night Supposed to be training for my bike races
Bike Races? Is that Bicycle or Motorbike?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Do you put more than 0.5 mm shim behind the brass collet near the front engine bearing? Did you tighten the clutch nut to the flywheel hard enough?
Got the 0.5mm shim there behind the brass collar and tightened the securing nut using my 10mm spanner whilst holding the flywheel - seemed pretty tight. Took it off again and re-tightened it just to make sure.

Perhaps after some runs when everything else in the clutch settles in, you need to put more shims inside. This is what I found on mine.
Exactly what I was thinking - a couple of good runs should sort it out

Good luck with those. That would take some time to get it perfect too.
I'm hoping with having the Sanwa servos it may go a bit easier - lets see
Old 04-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Bike Races? Is that Bicycle or Motorbike?
Mountain-bike and road-bike (bicycles) - I'm stupid enough to take part in mountain races, i.e. 250km with 5.5km of vertical climbing - these races take around 11 hours to complete. Takes quite a bit of training to get the fitness required and therefore I ride 60km everyday to work - even in winter when it is -20 Deg C!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Josh Cyrul's servo of choice

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Hey D,
Here is Josh Cyrul's response to the servo question.
I was looking through the G4 thread and noticed that the G4 had a steering lock out problem... Perhaps Josh's choice of the KO 2344 high torque servos instead of the faster KO 2343 had something to do with it... Just a thought.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

I'm hoping with having the Sanwa servos it may go a bit easier - lets see
Let us know Mark.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Mountain-bike and road-bike (bicycles) - I'm stupid enough to take part in mountain races, i.e. 250km with 5.5km of vertical climbing - these races take around 11 hours to complete. Takes quite a bit of training to get the fitness required and therefore I ride 60km everyday to work - even in winter when it is -20 Deg C!!!!
Do they have other worst form of tortures that could have been invented than the ones you mentioned above?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Let us know Mark.
You'll be with me every step of the way
Old 04-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey WOW... That must take some endurance... How do you manage in the cold... THAT is DEDICATION, Remember to tell yourself... IT ISN"T OVER 'TILL I WIN!!!... Helps me with anything I do.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

You'll be with me every step of the way
Sounds like a marriage proposal !
Old 04-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Do they have other worst form of tortures that could have been invented than the ones you mentioned above?
Well, yes.... but it is actually still what I mentioned, but you have to ride this race in rain and when the temperatures are 2 Deg C!!!! I did this last year and have never been so cold in my whole life!!! I was shivering for 6 hours non-stop (whilst riding) and coming down the mountains, I had to break the whole time as the roads where so wet and slippery. I had to actually keep looking at my break levers to see if my hands where still on them, as I had no feeling at all in my hands
This would really be classified as torture if I hadn't signed myself up for it!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Hey WOW... That must take some endurance... How do you manage in the cold... THAT is DEDICATION, Remember to tell yourself... IT ISN"T OVER 'TILL I WIN!!!... Helps me with anything I do.
With the cold it is really weird - I don't wear very thick clothing, I only have a "Windstopper" jacket and a couple of normal longsleved cycling jackets, but somehow I don't really notice the cold. And even though it is now relatively warm on a morning (i.e. 5 Deg C) I'm wearing the same clothing, just one long sleved jacket less Works for me

Motivation isn't a problem for me - it comes down to self pride: I never give up. I can forget about wining these races, as quite a few of the professional riders take part - I've got no chance against these guys. Me best result so far is 120th place from 5500 starters - good enough for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.