R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM   #8536
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Diff Assembly Fixed

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Where did you get your Super Grease from, I have been trying to get from one of the LHSs here, but they keep trying to sell me some MIP Diff LUBE, which I bought, BUT, I didn't realise that the little tub had only enought to persuade a scale to move toward the 1 gram mark...


I got that grease from our LHS. Perhaps you could try emailing RCCarinternational or the other HK websites.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #8537
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey, get it up and done quick man. Seeing your pics is already making me impatient !
Well, I couldn't resist doing some last night Supposed to be training for my bike races
I fitted the engine last night - boy, I forgot how much I hate setting up the clutch! I only had to shim the thrust bearing with a 0.1mm shim.
Now all that's left is the fitting of the two servos and the RX unit
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:23 PM   #8538
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Diff Assembly Fixed

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD


I got that grease from our LHS. Perhaps you could try emailing RCCarinternational or the other HK websites.
SWEET Thank you....
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 PM   #8539
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I fitted the engine last night - boy, I forgot how much I hate setting up the clutch! I only had to shim the thrust bearing with a 0.1mm shim.
Do you put more than 0.5 mm shim behind the brass collet near the front engine bearing? Did you tighten the clutch nut to the flywheel hard enough?

Perhaps after some runs when everything else in the clutch settles in, you need to put more shims inside. This is what I found on mine.

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Now all that's left is the fitting of the two servos and the RX unit
Good luck with those. That would take some time to get it perfect too.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:30 PM   #8540
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Well, I couldn't resist doing some last night Supposed to be training for my bike races
I fitted the engine last night - boy, I forgot how much I hate setting up the clutch! I only had to shim the thrust bearing with a 0.1mm shim.
Now all that's left is the fitting of the two servos and the RX unit
Bike Races? Is that Bicycle or Motorbike?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #8541
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Do you put more than 0.5 mm shim behind the brass collet near the front engine bearing? Did you tighten the clutch nut to the flywheel hard enough?
Got the 0.5mm shim there behind the brass collar and tightened the securing nut using my 10mm spanner whilst holding the flywheel - seemed pretty tight. Took it off again and re-tightened it just to make sure.

Quote:
Perhaps after some runs when everything else in the clutch settles in, you need to put more shims inside. This is what I found on mine.
Exactly what I was thinking - a couple of good runs should sort it out



Quote:
Good luck with those. That would take some time to get it perfect too.
I'm hoping with having the Sanwa servos it may go a bit easier - lets see
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:38 PM   #8542
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Bike Races? Is that Bicycle or Motorbike?
Mountain-bike and road-bike (bicycles) - I'm stupid enough to take part in mountain races, i.e. 250km with 5.5km of vertical climbing - these races take around 11 hours to complete. Takes quite a bit of training to get the fitness required and therefore I ride 60km everyday to work - even in winter when it is -20 Deg C!!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:39 PM   #8543
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Josh Cyrul's servo of choice

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
Hey D,
Here is Josh Cyrul's response to the servo question.
I was looking through the G4 thread and noticed that the G4 had a steering lock out problem... Perhaps Josh's choice of the KO 2344 high torque servos instead of the faster KO 2343 had something to do with it... Just a thought.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 PM   #8544
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm hoping with having the Sanwa servos it may go a bit easier - lets see
Let us know Mark.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #8545
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Mountain-bike and road-bike (bicycles) - I'm stupid enough to take part in mountain races, i.e. 250km with 5.5km of vertical climbing - these races take around 11 hours to complete. Takes quite a bit of training to get the fitness required and therefore I ride 60km everyday to work - even in winter when it is -20 Deg C!!!!
Do they have other worst form of tortures that could have been invented than the ones you mentioned above?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #8546
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Let us know Mark.
You'll be with me every step of the way
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #8547
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Mountain-bike and road-bike (bicycles) - I'm stupid enough to take part in mountain races, i.e. 250km with 5.5km of vertical climbing - these races take around 11 hours to complete. Takes quite a bit of training to get the fitness required and therefore I ride 60km everyday to work - even in winter when it is -20 Deg C!!!!
Hey WOW... That must take some endurance... How do you manage in the cold... THAT is DEDICATION, Remember to tell yourself... IT ISN"T OVER 'TILL I WIN!!!... Helps me with anything I do.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #8548
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
You'll be with me every step of the way
Sounds like a marriage proposal !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:48 PM   #8549
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Do they have other worst form of tortures that could have been invented than the ones you mentioned above?
Well, yes.... but it is actually still what I mentioned, but you have to ride this race in rain and when the temperatures are 2 Deg C!!!! I did this last year and have never been so cold in my whole life!!! I was shivering for 6 hours non-stop (whilst riding) and coming down the mountains, I had to break the whole time as the roads where so wet and slippery. I had to actually keep looking at my break levers to see if my hands where still on them, as I had no feeling at all in my hands
This would really be classified as torture if I hadn't signed myself up for it!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:54 PM   #8550
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last pieces of the 710 Jigsaw!

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey WOW... That must take some endurance... How do you manage in the cold... THAT is DEDICATION, Remember to tell yourself... IT ISN"T OVER 'TILL I WIN!!!... Helps me with anything I do.
With the cold it is really weird - I don't wear very thick clothing, I only have a "Windstopper" jacket and a couple of normal longsleved cycling jackets, but somehow I don't really notice the cold. And even though it is now relatively warm on a morning (i.e. 5 Deg C) I'm wearing the same clothing, just one long sleved jacket less Works for me

Motivation isn't a problem for me - it comes down to self pride: I never give up. I can forget about wining these races, as quite a few of the professional riders take part - I've got no chance against these guys. Me best result so far is 120th place from 5500 starters - good enough for me!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net