R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-19-2003, 05:54 AM   #1036
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Huge Box

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Really? Didn't see the word gift... Anyway, when the guy saw the description Model Car Kit (which I actually hopped it was a 710 ), he wanted to tax me but I convinced him upon opening the (HUGE) box that it only consisted of parts... I'll have to admit that the one way bearing made it more credible !

Oh yes, could you have gotten a BIGGER box?
I did try, but the post wouldn't allow me to ship it in the wooden crate
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:50 AM   #1037
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MASTER "D" PAULFITTIPAULDI ASK A FEW POST BACK IF KNOW IF WE CAN USE THE FPS ON THE 710
I THINK IF THE BALL DIFF OF THE 710 ITS THE SAME ONE AS THE ONE IN THE 705 WE CAN FIT THE FPS WITH NO PROBLEM WILL YOU AGREE WITH THIS
AND THANK YOU SERPENT FOR THE NEW FUEL FILTER ON THE GAS TANK
I REALLY HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY ENGINE TUNNING WITH THE 705 TANK.
MICHAEL S FIRST OF ALL ITS AN HONOR SIR
WILL YOU GIVE US SOME COMMENTS OF WHAT WE CAN EXPECT DIFFERENT FROM THIS NEW RACE CAR TO THE 705
IN TERMS OF HANDDLING AND SET UPS WILL THIS BE A MORE COMPLICATED CAR TO SET UP?
Old 11-19-2003, 08:06 AM   #1038
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by sneezer714
I THINK IF THE BALL DIFF OF THE 710 ITS THE SAME ONE AS THE ONE IN THE 705 WE CAN FIT THE FPS WITH NO PROBLEM WILL YOU AGREE WITH THIS
Yeah, if only the ball diffs are the same on the 710 as on the 705... But the problem is they aren't the same.

So going by that logic, I would say the FPS would be out of the question...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:18 AM   #1039
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
Yes i posted a reply in the 705 threat.
When you put to getter the diff, the diffaxle and the adjusterplate will hold the balls in place, at the otherside the normal ring will hold them in place. So there is no need to put in de ring at the adjusterside!
I would be interested how you get the diff to work that way?

The adjustment ring is an add on to the original diff. You just build the diff as usual and the slide the diff adjuster over the axle. In the 705 diff you'll use 3 screws to hold it in place. In the 710 there are notches in the diff pulley and a clip on the axle.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #1040
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yeah, if only the ball diffs are the same on the 710 as on the 705... But the problem is they aren't the same.

So going by that logic, I would say the FPS would be out of the question...
That's correct. The FPS diff will NOT fit the 710. All dimensions of the rear diff are different.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:33 AM   #1041
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by sneezer714
IN TERMS OF HANDDLING AND SET UPS WILL THIS BE A MORE COMPLICATED CAR TO SET UP?
One of the main goals of the 710 project was to create a car that is less sensitive to setup error and track change. So the answer to your question is no.

In testing we found the car to respond to setup changes in a docile way. You will definitly feel the difference but small changes have small effects. Unlike the 705 where a spring change could render the car undrivable in an instant.

We think you'll be able to get a basline setup to work well on almost all occasions. Leaving the tuning to be just that, fine tuning.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:44 AM   #1042
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
Unlike the 705 where a spring change could render the car undrivable in an instant.

We think you'll be able to get a basline setup to work well on almost all occasions. Leaving the tuning to be just that, fine tuning.
Good to know that the 710 will have those features...

I find that the current setup that I have now for the 705 pretty much works on most tracks. The only thing I do is to select the right tires (most important), adjust caster (for more technical tracks), front / rear sways bars and perhaps adjust the rear ball diff.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:43 AM   #1043
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Julius for your answer its an honor to have you guy's in here
So we can expect that when we find a good set up as Master "D"
have done we can spend less time on the hudy and more time testing the car on the race track or parking lot
This is really a new breed of Snake!!!!!!!
Cant wait for this new ssssssssssnake
Old 11-19-2003, 09:57 AM   #1044
teo
Tech Initiate

Default Weight vs 705?

First I must say that I really like the 710 from what I've read/seen so far!
I also have had an Impulse from the early days and a 705 when that came out, and can't wait to see how the 710 runs
What I would like to know is how much lighter the 710 is compared to the 705? (ie. without engine/radio/servos etc, just the bare car)

Thanks!

Btw; Real nice of the Serpent guys to stop by here!
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #1045
Tech Elite

Default Basic question for v.small tracks.

Hi Guys,

What basic setup should I start with for very small technical tracks? It's a pretty broad question, but are there any tips someone could give me

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:38 AM   #1046
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie
Default Re: Basic question for v.small tracks.

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hi Guys,

What basic setup should I start with for very small technical tracks? It's a pretty broad question, but are there any tips someone could give me

Cheers, Mark.
Hey Mark, I actually want to know the same thing too!
Here in Hong Kong, most tracks are REALLY tiny, hence most people run MTX3 and VOneRR Evo. I got the 705 mostly because of childhood dream...
Anyway, my serpent has HUGE turning radius!! and the front tends to push forward a lot, which makes it very difficult to turn!
So any tips on running a tiny technical track would be very helpful!
I hope I don't break parts anymore, the first time I broke a doggie bone after running 3 minutes, the second time I broke a shock shaft after 5 minutes! No spare parts both times! =(
This weekend will be my third time out.. hopefully things will be better.
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:02 AM   #1047
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Basic question for v.small tracks.

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
Hey Mark, I actually want to know the same thing too!
Here in Hong Kong, most tracks are REALLY tiny, hence most people run MTX3 and VOneRR Evo. I got the 705 mostly because of childhood dream...
Anyway, my serpent has HUGE turning radius!! and the front tends to push forward a lot, which makes it very difficult to turn!
So any tips on running a tiny technical track would be very helpful!
I hope I don't break parts anymore, the first time I broke a doggie bone after running 3 minutes, the second time I broke a shock shaft after 5 minutes! No spare parts both times! =(
This weekend will be my third time out.. hopefully things will be better.
This happened to me at first, too - I just had to practice more. Are you using the one-way? For me it was too difficult to drive with a one-way at first. I would recommend a solid axel - but you can't use the FC steering blocks with the solid, due to the fact that the solid axel is a bit narrower than the one-way and therefore the dogbones would fall out.

Cheers, Mark
Old 11-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #1048
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
I would be interested how you get the diff to work that way?

The adjustment ring is an add on to the original diff. You just build the diff as usual and the slide the diff adjuster over the axle. In the 705 diff you'll use 3 screws to hold it in place. In the 710 there are notches in the diff pulley and a clip on the axle.
Whoops i'm sorry but its been a long time since i put i togetter and its also in my Impulse Pro (spare car) at the moment and i'm running the FPS in my 705. Again i'm sorry for the misunderstandig
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:17 AM   #1049
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie
Default Re: Re: Re: Basic question for v.small tracks.

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
This happened to me at first, too - I just had to practice more. Are you using the one-way? For me it was too difficult to drive with a one-way at first. I would recommend a solid axel - but you can't use the FC steering blocks with the solid, due to the fact that the solid axel is a bit narrower than the one-way and therefore the dogbones would fall out.

Cheers, Mark
Yea I am still using the one way. I am also using the FC, but its strange as I noticed that the front width was over 200mm, I think it was around 204. What is worst is that each time the front wheels hit the wall, the wheels got so messed up that the inside rims started rubbing the steering blocks... I got 2 sets of front tires, both messed up within 5 minutes.. One thing I learned so far... drive SLOW! and don't hit the wall!! hahahha
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #1050
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic question for v.small tracks.

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
Yea I am still using the one way. I am also using the FC, but its strange as I noticed that the front width was over 200mm, I think it was around 204. What is worst is that each time the front wheels hit the wall, the wheels got so messed up that the inside rims started rubbing the steering blocks... I got 2 sets of front tires, both messed up within 5 minutes.. One thing I learned so far... drive SLOW! and don't hit the wall!! hahahha
Yep, slow is good!

Which pivot balls are you using with your FC blocks? You can definately get the width down to at least 200mm with the pivot balls for the FC blocks - if I remember rightly they have to be turned in pretty much the whole way.

The wheels are fragile - which ones are you using? The dished wheels are stronger, so it may be worth getting some of those.

Cheers, Mark.