R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #7141
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
For the thrust bearings they told me to tighten it and not make it too tight as it might damage the thrust bearings. No need to tighten it too much.
You need to tighten them down real hard. If not, the screw will loosen and the clutch gap will widen when you're playing. There will come to a point when your clutch will not engage because the gap is too far. Just talking from experience...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #7142
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
- modifying the clutch weights can cause problems. Especially if the weights are not all exacly the same they will lead to improper engagement and wobbeling of the clutch shoe. That leads to the bearing failure.
Come to think of it, I burned two clutch bearings simultaneously in the Thailand race ! I think it was due to an accident that made the pinion and spur hit the ground and causing the clutch bell to wobble and burn the 2 normal bearings at the same time.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #7143
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
But it always take THE man for you to follow.. I'm really wonder if now D also agree
Yes I agree with Julius. That is why someone pointed it out to me that modifying and cutting the current flyweights and putting them in between the post, may cause inconsistant clutch engagement. It is better to use a clutch shoe and cut it to use as flyweights instead as I pointed out some post ago. Making the flyweights from the clutch shoe would make it have a more slanted slop that can go in and out equally when used as flyweights.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #7144
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by xluis
Now im confused with a front roll center, i put de upper arms up, with all the shims down, the roll center is low, ok??
Hey Luis, first of all, welcome aboard !

Yes, putting the shims below to move the upper arm above makes the bottom and upper arms angle less = low roll center.

Quote:
Originally posted by xluis
the car turning more and is overturn in the curve, with a lot of grip, no??? and viceversa. Is this correct, or not ?.
With low roll center, you get more grip because low roll center allows that part of the car to roll. Lower front roll center, more front roll, more front grip. Sometimes too much that you can flip = traction roll.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #7145
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
do i need to grease the 2 small bearing shims and spacer???? + the thrust bearing?
You just need to gease the thrust bearing. Not too much. Else, you'll make the clutch performance worse as the grease will go on the clutch shoes / clutch bell and slip !
Old 03-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #7146
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
now once i have the caliper though, I can modify them to the milimeter and should not have a problem... ? I was told to cut them bisecting the hole where the pins go.
Like I mentioned previously, the best is to cut up the clutch shoe to make them as flyweights. Cut them exactly where the edges of the holes are so that at the end, the fit of the 3 flyweights will be exactly in between the post.

To lighten these modded flyweights, you could first rim out the extra part of the clutch shoes where the spring cup sits before cutting them up at the holes.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #7147
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Initial D , Glow Plug Question?

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
What is a good glow plug to run on a Novarrosi Hand Modify (turbo) motor using 30% . Outsidec temp range average 90 to 95 Degrees (F)
Ambient temps where I run are about the same as yours. But I would think we have more humidity here than where you are.

I run a No. 6TF on my NovaMax engine with 25% nitro. I add 0.1 mm copper shim to stock aluminum one (total is 0.4 mm). Sings very well. You could take a peek at Motorman's engine tuning guide. Use a plug which gives you the best performance.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #7148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can get this Mugen Super Grease? I've tried that part # that you gave me "D" at my LHS and when they put it in the computer it shows that, that part # doesn't exist? I've also tried the part # in RC-Mushroom but they don't carry it as well. Could someone please let me know where I can get this stuff. Thanks.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:42 PM   #7149
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
It would be cheaper and easier to use those feeler gauges that are available at an automotive store for the clutch adjustment.
True. The race in Thailand that I attended gave a very nice flywheel holder souvenier tool that has these prefixed measurements for the Centax clutch on the handle where you can slot to check the measurements. They go from 0.4 to 0.9 mm fixed measurements. I've used that since.

Anyway, that does not exlude one to own a caliper.

Quote:
I also use the associated the black grease to lube my thrust bearing.
The AE black grease is OK but not as sticky as the Mugen Super Grease. They are VERY sticky and last longer.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #7150
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Also I think the 705 is alot more durable then the 710 that makes it a very good car!!
Agreed.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:49 PM   #7151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just found that Microrcshop has the Super Grease in stock. I'd hate to make a special order just for that but the stuff really sounds killer. A special order it is!
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:58 PM   #7152
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Anybody know where I can get this Mugen Super Grease? I've tried that part # that you gave me "D" at my LHS and when they put it in the computer it shows that, that part # doesn't exist? I've also tried the part # in RC-Mushroom but they don't carry it as well. Could someone please let me know where I can get this stuff. Thanks.
The part number does exist !

The Border
Old 03-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #7153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

I think i am going to sell my HUDY gauges, because i dont thing they are very functional.. and I mistaken? I think a camber gauge is just fine. However how is toe in set with a reular camber gauge (front and rear)
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:22 PM   #7154
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
True. The race in Thailand that I attended gave a very nice flywheel holder souvenier tool that has these prefixed measurements for the Centax clutch on the handle where you can slot to check the measurements. They go from 0.4 to 0.9 mm fixed measurements. I've used that since.

Anyway, that does not exlude one to own a caliper.

The AE black grease is OK but not as sticky as the Mugen Super Grease. They are VERY sticky and last longer.

I hear that graphite grease is even better. Have you tried that?
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:53 PM   #7155
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I hear that graphite grease is even better. Have you tried that?
Dry or wet graphite grease? I have tired neither. But dry graphite grease will just be blown away easily. What you need is something sticky.