R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-29-2004, 10:02 PM   #7156
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
I think i am going to sell my HUDY gauges, because i dont thing they are very functional.. and I mistaken? I think a camber gauge is just fine. However how is toe in set with a reular camber gauge (front and rear)
Not functional ?

A camber gauge is fine but you need to rely on good wheels to give you correct readings or you will need to use special setting wheels. The Hudy gauges are the most accurate. The normal camber gauge is useful for quick on the track adjustments.

You can use the camber gauge to set the rear toe in. Make the car stand on it's rear with it's rear shock towers supporting the car as it stands vertically upwards on a flat surface. Then the toe in of the rear wheels can be measured with the camber gauge.

For the front toe in / out, no idea...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:09 PM   #7157
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
I think i am going to sell my HUDY gauges, because i dont thing they are very functional.. and I mistaken? I think a camber gauge is just fine. However how is toe in set with a reular camber gauge (front and rear)
Never had a single problem with mine - I trust them implicitly and always use them after making setup changes.
I wouldn't use a camber gauge in preference to the Hudy system!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #7158
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Initial D , Glow Plug Question?

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ambient temps where I run are about the same as yours. But I would think we have more humidity here than where you are.

I run a No. 6TF on my NovaMax engine with 25% nitro. I add 0.1 mm copper shim to stock aluminum one (total is 0.4 mm). Sings very well. You could take a peek at Motorman's engine tuning guide. Use a plug which gives you the best performance.
thanks alot awsome website lots of information!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:27 PM   #7159
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Marcos...
I've checked yer setup for FULL THROTTLE SPEEDWAY, yer rear toe-in was at +1.0 deg...isn't it too loose at the rear? im just curious
(the setup quite like mine, except the rear toe-in, engine, fuel & body)
Old 03-29-2004, 10:57 PM   #7160
Tech Prophet

Just noticed that Mr. Glenn Cauley posted an excellent article about building a Centax clutch on mytsn.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:15 PM   #7161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Quote:
"...You adjust clutch gap by placing shims (medium size) on the thrustbearing holder, in front of the thrustbearing assembly.

When properly shimmed, there should be approximately 0.7mm of clutch gap. ..."

do i have to always set it at .7? is it wrong to set this at .5mm to make the engagement smoother? no right?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:32 PM   #7162
Tech Prophet

Quote:
do i have to always set it at .7? is it wrong to set this at .5mm to make the engagement smoother? no right?
The 0.7 mm clutch gap measurement in the manual is not a hard and fast rule thingy. Depending on condition of track and traction. If you have lots of traction and the track is wide open, an agressive clutch with a 0.7 mm clutch gap is required. For smoother acceleration and linear feel of the clutch, useful for low traction and tighter tracks, smaller clutch gap like 0.4 mm or thereabouts is required.

At the end of the day, it all depends on the driver's liking and style of driving.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 PM   #7163
Suspended

what do you guys use to measure the 0.7 mm clutch gap
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:41 PM   #7164
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My friend runs off road and told me about a dry lubricant that is just awesome. So I ordered some up and it finally came today. I had my car sitting there all assembled. Moved the suspension up and down and it felt very smooth without any lubricant at all!(Good job Serpent!) The stuff I ordered comes in a bottle with a long needle type tip on it, makes it really easy to reach those hard to reach areas. So I applied this stuff to all the joints in the control arms, all the ball ends for the steering and sway bars and the dog bones. All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!!! I thought my suspension was smooth. It is soo smooth now is is unbelievable! It uses Moly and has a psi rating of100,00psi. It comes out like WD40 and flows through all the crevices and then dries up completely. It also cleans the part as its flowing. Its solvent action dissolves old grease, sludge and grime.(A quote from there instructions) The stuff is just awesome, I highly recommend this over any other product I have ever tried. And I've tried quite a few running off road over the years. The US Army used this product in there weapons during Desert Storm to keep them from jamming from all the sand and grit. The product is there Multi-Purpose lubricant and its from Dri Slide. Check out there website at www.drislide.com
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:48 PM   #7165
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by hudy
what do you guys use to measure the 0.7 mm clutch gap
A caliper or a feeler gauge. Refer to the manual to check how you should measure the gap.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:15 AM   #7166
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
My friend runs off road and told me about a dry lubricant that is just awesome. So I ordered some up and it finally came today. I had my car sitting there all assembled. Moved the suspension up and down and it felt very smooth without any lubricant at all!(Good job Serpent!) The stuff I ordered comes in a bottle with a long needle type tip on it, makes it really easy to reach those hard to reach areas. So I applied this stuff to all the joints in the control arms, all the ball ends for the steering and sway bars and the dog bones. All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!!! I thought my suspension was smooth. It is soo smooth now is is unbelievable! It uses Moly and has a psi rating of100,00psi. It comes out like WD40 and flows through all the crevices and then dries up completely. It also cleans the part as its flowing. Its solvent action dissolves old grease, sludge and grime.(A quote from there instructions) The stuff is just awesome, I highly recommend this over any other product I have ever tried. And I've tried quite a few running off road over the years. The US Army used this product in there weapons during Desert Storm to keep them from jamming from all the sand and grit. The product is there Multi-Purpose lubricant and its from Dri Slide. Check out there website at www.drislide.com
Hey Super Rich...

Where did you get that stuff from? which one did you get, there is a 4oz bottle with needle, and a 5.25oz Aerosol. For those who use metric like me, 4oz is ~113grams and 5.25oz is ~143grams...
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:43 AM   #7167
Tech Adept

Post Clubrace march final

Julius has posted his setup from our clubrace at MYTsn:
Julius BC setup
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:49 AM   #7168
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
At the end of the day, it all depends on the driver's liking and style of driving.
Yep...i couldn't agree more. some like it hot and some like it not.
OOOpppss...I am a Tech Master now.
Now i gonna race markp27 to the 2000 posts.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:57 AM   #7169
Tech Champion

Julius just use 16% fuel...now isn't that great!!
Tell me that others were using up to 30%..if its so, i wanna use back my 16% fuel to race. I wanna try and show my friends that using 16% also can make u a winner.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:02 AM   #7170
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
Julius just use 16% fuel...now isn't that great!!
Tell me that others were using up to 30%..if its so, i wanna use back my 16% fuel to race. I wanna try and show my friends that using 16% also can make u a winner.
Efra rules don't allow use to use higher than 16%, only 1/8 cars may use 25%. So no legal races here with 30%.
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote