R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #23206
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamjk
With this little inovation here, finally we got a ball diff runing with oil. You need 100k above gear diff oil or a high temp grease to get a good resistance, smoothness and consistance.

That looks cool, but why did you build it?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #23207
Tech Apprentice
 
gearhead13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 86
Default

I am looking for a header/pipe setup for my 710 that can be adjusted for length to tune the powerband for different conditions. I have heard/seen of these setups before but can't find out where I can get one.
Does anyone know where?
Does anyone use such a setup?
__________________
Serpent
Xray T2
OFNA/Picco red dot
Picco 2607 pipe
Dynamite race 20%
gearhead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #23208
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead13
I am looking for a header/pipe setup for my 710 that can be adjusted for length to tune the powerband for different conditions. I have heard/seen of these setups before but can't find out where I can get one.
Does anyone know where?
Does anyone use such a setup?
Novarossi 2630 pipe is good depending on the motor you use. It also has a number of different header lengths available. Check RC-Mushroom this link will take you to the correct section of the site.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #23209
Tech Apprentice
 
gearhead13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Novarossi 2630 pipe is good depending on the motor you use. It also has a number of different header lengths available. Check RC-Mushroom this link will take you to the correct section of the site.
I already checked there, they are out of stock
I am wondering if Novarossi is still making them....
__________________
Serpent
Xray T2
OFNA/Picco red dot
Picco 2607 pipe
Dynamite race 20%
gearhead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #23210
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead13
I already checked there, they are out of stock
I am wondering if Novarossi is still making them....
Go to de following address

http://murnanmodified.com/index.php?...b2bd29aedd9663

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #23211
Tech Apprentice
 
gearhead13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama
Go to de following address

http://murnanmodified.com/index.php?...b2bd29aedd9663

RCPANAMA
I see the short header, but not the medium and long versions....
__________________
Serpent
Xray T2
OFNA/Picco red dot
Picco 2607 pipe
Dynamite race 20%
gearhead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #23212
Tech Apprentice
 
gearhead13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 86
Default

I just started racing a 710. Im using the suggested default setup.
Can somebody tell me why I should set droop at 0 when the springs dont push the arm down that low?
__________________
Serpent
Xray T2
OFNA/Picco red dot
Picco 2607 pipe
Dynamite race 20%
gearhead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:10 AM   #23213
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamjk
Just found this part selling in RC-mushroom. Its for 720.

Need to know if this part can be use in 710
Are you sure that's for the 720? It looks like the front ball-diff for the 710 or maybe my eyesight is failing me.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:13 AM   #23214
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamjk
With this little inovation here, finally we got a ball diff runing with oil. You need 100k above gear diff oil or a high temp grease to get a good resistance, smoothness and consistance.
Wow! Where did you get this? Who makes it?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:14 AM   #23215
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead13
I just started racing a 710. Im using the suggested default setup.
Can somebody tell me why I should set droop at 0 when the springs dont push the arm down that low?
Just use the threaded ring on the shock body to reposition the spring.

You can set the droop to another setting but try the default set-up first.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 AM   #23216
Tech Apprentice
 
gearhead13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Just use the threaded ring on the shock body to reposition the spring.

You can set the droop to another setting but try the default set-up first.
I had the front sway bar set up wrong
__________________
Serpent
Xray T2
OFNA/Picco red dot
Picco 2607 pipe
Dynamite race 20%
gearhead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #23217
Tech Master
 
Dirt-Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cali4nia
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer
Default

Guys, got a 710 and i'd like to know whether it'll still be competitive and how different is this to the 720.

Also how is the spares backup for this car?

Thanks for any help and pointers
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #23218
Tech Regular
 
Pat Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Easton, Pa
Posts: 303
Default

I just picked up a used 710 myself.. The car is still very fast.. I have laid down some really fast qual. runs setting TQ for the past 3 weeks.. The car is a bit twichy, i think this is why the got away from the rear steer on the 720.. The main differences are the front and rear suspension.. As for parts still VERY easy to get.. If you need a good starting point for set-up PM me and ill give ya what i run on med grip asphalt..Great place for parts in the US.. www.ashfordhobby.com
__________________
Associated, Reedy, Tekin, Tq Wire, Protoform, Veytrec Design Lab
Pat Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #23219
Tech Master
 
thamjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer
Guys, got a 710 and i'd like to know whether it'll still be competitive and how different is this to the 720.

Also how is the spares backup for this car?

Thanks for any help and pointers
the car still competitive, its just the driver give enought maintanance on the car and the setup. 710 and 720 which is faster I would say its on the driver, setup and engine.
__________________
Serpent 710
Nova MAX
3PK
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #23220
Tech Master
 
Dirt-Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cali4nia
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Clark
I just picked up a used 710 myself.. The car is still very fast.. I have laid down some really fast qual. runs setting TQ for the past 3 weeks.. The car is a bit twichy, i think this is why the got away from the rear steer on the 720.. The main differences are the front and rear suspension.. As for parts still VERY easy to get.. If you need a good starting point for set-up PM me and ill give ya what i run on med grip asphalt..Great place for parts in the US.. www.ashfordhobby.com


Hey thanks for the heads up guys and ill be sure to keep an eye on your progress with the 710 should you post more about it here and ill take you up on the offer once i get wheeling with it..
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net