R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-16-2003, 11:26 PM   #1741
Tech Regular

car weight

Juluis, what is the weight of the stock car, no fuel, but with electronics, tires, and body?
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:30 PM   #1742
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Also they have not had a chance to racing them yet too.
hope some of those people can race it this week end and post some feed backs before x'mas. need an excuse to get myself a new car.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:41 PM   #1743
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
So it is true then that the Asian region would have gotten their 710 kits faster than other parts of the world except for Europe.

It is quite surprisingly fast that our LHS here got their kits about 2 days ago shipped from the distributor in HK.

Well, I actually have one with me since last night. The problem is I do not want it (yet) but the LHS owner if "forcing" me to take it ! I guess he hopes that by bringing it back home and flipping through the manuals and parts, the kit would grow on me and that I will decide to keep the kit !

I'm actually still considering to return the kit tomorrow...

oh STOP IT!!! just send it to me... btw, it looks like someone here is gettin annoying and is making some negative "stupid" comments about you.....
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #1744
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
oh STOP IT!!! just send it to me...
You are suppose to send yours to me ! Complete with engine, pipe and all... Remember? That's why I'm sending mine back !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:53 PM   #1745
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MrChan

Quote:
So it is true then that the Asian region would have gotten their 710 kits faster than other parts of the world except for Europe.

It is quite surprisingly fast that our LHS here got their kits about 2 days ago shipped from the distributor in HK.

Well, I actually have one with me since last night. The problem is I do not want it (yet) but the LHS owner if "forcing" me to take it ! I guess he hopes that by bringing it back home and flipping through the manuals and parts, the kit would grow on me and that I will decide to keep the kit !

I'm actually still considering to return the kit tomorrow...
It seems like your LHS owner is a smart person that he forced you to bring one set back !! It was considered your since you took it home. and I think he know that you will take it ..just only sooner or later !! Am I right ?
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:56 PM   #1746
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
It seems like your LHS owner is a smart person that he forced you to bring one set back !! It was considered your since you took it home. and I think he know that you will take it ..just only sooner or later !! Am I right ?
Yeah he's smart... Probably he felt that I would fall in love with it more when I take it home !!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:57 PM   #1747
Tech Regular

Quote:
You are suppose to send yours to me ! Complete with engine, pipe and all... Remember? That's why I'm sending mine back !
send it to me first, I'll put the Max and pipe on, then send the whole package to you..
Comeon! There is nothing better than a custom fitted car!
Especially done by me!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:01 AM   #1748
Tech Prophet

Quote:
send it to me first, I'll put the Max and pipe on, then send the whole package to you..
Especially done by me!
Can you make sure for me that whatever happens, the front shock shafts will not break?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #1749
Tech Elite

Quote:
Especially done by me!
This is another smart person !! .. btw, Send it to me better ,... I will put NavaMAX with X15 Pipe + 2 Servo + Futaba Receiver !! What 's Receiver you want ? Mr.D 27Mhz , 40 or 75 Mhz ...

I'm smarter !!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #1750
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No, not that I don't like to have one... I was thinking of running the 705 ! I still enjoy driving it. With all the racing in the forums that I do, the 705 hardly gets any track time ! I was planning to get one in due time but not this fast...

Besides, like Mark says, I would not know if the wifey approves !
You will defenetly dissapointed...
I'll start to build last night and bang!! done.. in 5 hours only!!
(minus electronic and shocks)
You wont believe that I did not touch my "luxurius diamond file" and "ultimate dremel weapon" or hair dryer to build this snake.
Part fit is awesome, "play" is already there, well done from tooling job.
Its like building "stiffener car" coz, the design is stiffener over stiffener. Looks very solid but still lighter than 705 I guess.

Tips
- use 1 step tighter from manual for rear belt tension
- tighten both side stiffener first than X bracket and top deck.
coz the stiffener design is flush with chassis and top deck

Dislike:
- To mount engine, must take off the right-side stiffener
- Rear lower hinge pin had to cut, so if "hardcore guy" slam from the back, it did not locks the nylon trackrod movement.
- Chasis should be milled a bit,right bellow the front belt to make enough clearance so the belt does not scrub the chasis

We should gave credit to the snake team this time.
Cant wait till friday when my 710 hit the road for the 1st time.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:07 AM   #1751
Tech Prophet

Quote:
This is another smart person !! .. btw, Send it to me better ,... I will put NavaMAX with X15 Pipe + 2 Servo + Futaba Receiver !! What 's Receiver you want ? Mr.D 27Mhz , 40 or 75 Mhz ...
Mr. Chan, you are too kind ! But I actually do not understand what NavaMAX engine brand is...
Old 12-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #1752
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
You will defenetly dissapointed...
You're my devil tempting me !

Thanks for the feedbacks. I will definitely use them IF I decide to take this kit !
Old 12-17-2003, 12:12 AM   #1753
Tech Elite

Quote:
Mr. Chan, you are too kind ! But I actually do not understand what NavaMAX engine brand is...
Oppsss Sorri ...wrong spelling !!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:13 AM   #1754
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Got it!

Well, after racing my trusty 'ol impulse pro for nearly two years , i just collected my 710 a few days ago... (and my impulse was indeed trusty... took lots of development time but the car was almost race-failure-free.. only driver errors limited its success...)

Unfortunately, i have to learn not to fix it cars at odd hours in the morning... Even before its hit the track i've managed to break stuff! .. First, it was the G-clip holding in the rear diff's thrust bearing... I accidently assembled it without the 4mm screw in place, and when i clumsily removed the clip to amend that, i snapped one of its ears clean off!! Now i gotta go hunt around for this weird piece of fastening hardware.. my LHS says he'll have to disassemble an old impulse/705 diff for a replacement clip but i'd rather go out to look for a new one.

Then last nite (or rather, this morning), i'm happily pre-threading the shock rod-ends and accidentally screw in too far, splitting the rod-end in half... Bleah! Luckily, unlike most other stuff on the car, the shock parts are interchangeable with other serpent cars...

I don't consider myself a complete klutz .. but amongst the cars i've wrenched on (mostly 1/8 buggies, the incredibly well-engineered x-ray, etc), the serpent remains the most challenging to build correctly. The next time i sit down to finish up the car, i'm gonna get a nice cup of coffee first...

Btw, is anyone having problems with the rear susp holder inserts? Do you have to file the holes of the inserts in order to get a smooth susp behind? I filed out the front holes and it feels nice there...

Anyone got building tips to spare? I found the rx positioning tip really useful!
pineapplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:14 AM   #1755
Tech Regular

Quote:

I'm smarter !!
Did I say it comes with the AE 86 pearl white body with sand blasted black trim??