Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
And I know a good friend of his who shouldn't be messed with, either
Old 09-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

anyone care to explain the logic in running different sized wheels (or point me toward such info) thanks!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by packetdreamer
anyone care to explain the logic in running different sized wheels (or point me toward such info) thanks!
I think you are asking why some run a smaller diameter front tire then the rear.......if so, here is an answer. The rear tire wears down quicker then the front even though if you have the same shore all the way around. So, running a smaller tire (about 1~2mm smaller) in front the rear tire will wear equal to the front.

Hope that helps
Old 09-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PUNISHER
I think you are asking why some run a smaller diameter front tire then the rear.......if so, here is an answer. The rear tire wears down quicker then the front even though if you have the same shore all the way around. So, running a smaller tire (about 1~2mm smaller) in front the rear tire will wear equal to the front.
Hope that helps

hm... i thought it had something to do with varying ratios created by different sized wheels - bigger wheels would provide greater speed. but that may just be me over complicated the simple truth of the matter.

word.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by rcpanama
Thanks for the answer.

If you had to choose between this to outlaw pipes for the Novarossi NRS-RR12L5

Max Power .12 Outlaw Inline Exhaust Set

Novarossi Polish Turbo Pipe/Manifold Complete Inline set for .12

Which one would choose?
To my opinion, here are the baddest combination

MAX-02602E-1 .12 KIT PIPE Only, Efra
MAX-02602T-1 .12 KIT PIPE Only, Turbo

with the following manifold,

SER-2175 .12 Conical Manifold
Old 09-17-2004, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by cyba888
MY hand is too twitchy so I need to adjust the sensitivity. I dont have problems with my steering not getting enough turn in but maybe I might drive smoother with some negative EXP and lower ATV. I been busy with my new toy so dont have much time lately, also too hot at the moment and night time racing is not my cup of tea. The mosquitos dont help either at night
For your matter, I suggest to go with thicker oil to make the car less twitchy and more drivable rather than playing with those functions.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:39 PM

hm... i thought it had something to do with varying ratios created by different sized wheels - bigger wheels would provide greater speed. but that may just be me over complicated the simple truth of the matter.

word.
Its the same matter Sir, drive ratios will let you know which one turning faster.

Try here to see the different if your were using stock 45T rear diff pulley vs 46T on S710,

http://www.daltonshop.com/raceresult..._GearRatio.zip
Old 09-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
Its the same matter Sir, drive ratios will let you know which one turning faster.

Try here to see the different if your were using stock 45T rear diff pulley vs 46T on S710,

http://www.daltonshop.com/raceresult..._GearRatio.zip
Pyramid,

Which 46T pulley do you use? Proper S71- part or from the previous models?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

word.
pd, what Pyramid says is correct. The slight difference (1mm) between rear and front is for achieving near 1.0 drive ratios rear-front.

Now how big or small the set is (while maintaining that 1mm difference) will change the roll-out of your car.

Bigger roll-out gives higher top speed but it also requires more torque to turn larger tyres. This means you lose some acceleration.

Roll out is a funtion of rpm, tyre circumference and final drive ratio which equates to speed.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:21 AM

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Pyramid,

Which 46T pulley do you use? Proper S71- part or from the previous models?
46T (SER-6357) I think it was on Impulse/S705 era and unfortunatly, if not mistaken, it has been discountinued.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
pd, what Pyramid says is correct. The slight difference (1mm) between rear and front is for achieving near 1.0 drive ratios rear-front.

Now how big or small the set is (while maintaining that 1mm difference) will change the roll-out of your car.

Bigger roll-out gives higher top speed but it also requires more torque to turn larger tyres. This means you lose some acceleration.

Roll out is a funtion of rpm, tyre circumference and final drive ratio which equates to speed.
i understand the ratios, and effects on performance and speed, but what i want to know is how does it effect performance - that is, how does larger front wheels (pulling the car) make the car handle. and conversely, how does larger rear wheels (pushing the car) make the car handle?

the truth is out there,
pd
Old 09-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
46T (SER-6357) I think it was on Impulse/S705 era and unfortunatly, if not mistaken, it has been discountinued.
Hmm ... you find that it gives a lot more acceleration? The internal ratio becomes 1.917.

Does this pulley fit perfectly fine on the current ball fidd hardware? I have the part but its in my 705. Wouldn't mind trying it out on the 710 if the acceleration/pick up improves!
Old 09-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

i understand the ratios, and effects on performance and speed, but what i want to know is how does it effect performance - that is, how does larger front wheels (pulling the car) make the car handle. and conversely, how does larger rear wheels (pushing the car) make the car handle?

the truth is out there,
pd
pd, then its a matter of driving experience and preference.

I've found that over a long mains, I end up with a car which suits me well and this is the usually the point where the front is larger than the rear.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

any one know when and where is the next serpent challenge?
Old 09-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

PM -> S&S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.