R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #15721
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to packetdreamer
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
No more glass cars
no more dead glow starter batteries.
packetdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #15722
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:
Originally posted by packetdreamer
no more dead glow starter batteries.
No more finding out you've forgotten that piece of important equipment when you get to the track!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:29 AM   #15723
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:
No more finding out you've forgotten that piece of important equipment when you get to the track!
AMEN to that!

no more $23+ for fuel
Old 09-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #15724
Tech Fanatic

Would like to know how some of you guys drive your 710. I have my steering ATV set so that that my wheels have maximum turn. For the steering EXP mine is set at 0% which is quite sensitive for my taste, but I think I will decrease the senstivity so it drives easier next time im at the track.
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #15725
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:

How are you suppose to cure those who cannot live without smelling nitro? I suppose they will include a nitro scent together with the software package for those die hards.

BTW, what OS does the game run on? Solaris?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:05 AM   #15726
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

How are you suppose to cure those who cannot live without smelling nitro? I suppose they will include a nitro scent together with the software package for those die hards.

i wish it did run on solaris
Old 09-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #15727
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Would like to know how some of you guys drive your 710. I have my steering ATV set so that that my wheels have maximum turn. For the steering EXP mine is set at 0% which is quite sensitive for my taste, but I think I will decrease the senstivity so it drives easier next time im at the track.
Where have you been hiding?

I believe the right way would be not to set it to full lock ! That's how the team drivers do it anyway according to Julius. On large tracks, full locking the steering throw to the maximum the wheels can turn only scrubs speed away not to mention higher chances of dogbones popping out and receiver pack dumping faster if you're not careful with the EPA. If you're not getting enough steering, it must be the setup. On smaller tight tracks, that would be different since you got to slow down on tight hairpin turns anyways.

As for steering EXP, I have mine set to 0 also. But I don't find it too sensitive. I know that a lot of people use negative EXP on the controllers to "slow" down the servos. There are lots of school of thought on this but it boils down to driving preferance and car setup at the end of the day.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:09 AM   #15728
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
i run mine with max ATV as well because i need all i can get. i did have to lower my d/r because and max turn the bones can bind (has anyone else had this problem?*). my exp is 0% and i like it that way really. i still some features i want to play with (abs, throttle curve, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc - as these radios go), but overall i run a pretty basic setup for now.

i will be experimenting later today.

pd

* i just put small secions of fuel tube in the out put shafts... maybe 3mm, could this be the cause of my binding?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #15729
Tech Fanatic

MY hand is too twitchy so I need to adjust the sensitivity. I dont have problems with my steering not getting enough turn in but maybe I might drive smoother with some negative EXP and lower ATV. I been busy with my new toy so dont have much time lately, also too hot at the moment and night time racing is not my cup of tea. The mosquitos dont help either at night
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #15730
Tech Prophet

Quote:
i just put small secions of fuel tube in the out put shafts... maybe 3mm, could this be the cause of my binding?
3 mm on each side can be too much ! That would cause the front suspension to bind even at max 200 mm front trackwidth.

I use about 1 to 1.5 mm on each side and set the front trackwidth to 200 mm. Currently on a oneway front. Perhaps 3 mm of fuel tubing on each side could be right for a front diff set up to 200 mm front trackwidth.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #15731
Tech Regular

Quote:
3 mm on each side can be too much ! That would cause the front suspension to bind even at max 200 mm front trackwidth.

I use about 1 to 1.5 mm on each side and set the front trackwidth to 200 mm. Currently on a oneway front. Perhaps 3 mm of fuel tubing on each side could be right for a front diff set up to 200 mm front trackwidth.
i only have 3mm on one side (in the oneway outdrives). should i splet it for both saide? or move them to the axles? (man i just set eerything up all perfect, now i have to go throught it all again.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #15732
Tech Prophet

Quote:
i only have 3mm on one side (in the oneway outdrives). should i splet it for both saide? or move them to the axles? (man i just set eerything up all perfect, now i have to go throught it all again.
What I meant on each side is on left and right output drives on the steering knuckles only. No need to put any fuel tubing on the oneway outdrives.

3 mm on one side is still too much I think.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:09 PM   #15733
Tech Regular

Quote:
What I meant on each side is on left and right output drives on the steering knuckles only. No need to put any fuel tubing on the oneway outdrives.

3 mm on one side is still too much I think.
welp, at least i know what to do THANKS!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #15734
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: in case you didnt see it...

Quote:

There can only be one
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #15735
jag
Tech Master

Default Gearing

I just finished my 710 and was wondering about gear ratios. I will be racing on tracks that are 130'x60' and 140'x70'. Will the stock gearing be appropriate for tracks this size?

Thanks
jag is offline   Reply With Quote