R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #15691
Tech Regular
 
packetdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 268
Send a message via AIM to packetdreamer
Default

oh. and do you know if you can play it online?
packetdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 PM   #15692
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by packetdreamer
oh. and do you know if you can play it online?
Not the version they showed but I'd imagine that this is a future potential for development. Just doesn't make sense these days to NOT do it.

As for your previous question, yes .. the Sim is designed for an RC racer so being able to change settings is key ... you can "feel" the different effects of setting changes.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 PM   #15693
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Not the version they showed but I'd imagine that this is a future potential for development. Just doesn't make sense these days to NOT do it.

As for your previous question, yes .. the Sim is designed for an RC racer so being able to change settings is key ... you can "feel" the different effects of setting changes.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:07 PM   #15694
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 101
Default

Have any of you tried the new servo saver, they say its giving better cornering speed, beacouse of less "ackerman"

and the new diff clamp?
Finken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #15695
Tech Regular
 
packetdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 268
Send a message via AIM to packetdreamer
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Not the version they showed but I'd imagine that this is a future potential for development. Just doesn't make sense these days to NOT do it.

As for your previous question, yes .. the Sim is designed for an RC racer so being able to change settings is key ... you can "feel" the different effects of setting changes.
good, because thats the most fun for me.
packetdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:57 PM   #15696
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Rims

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Supposed to be a real good racer and one hell of a guy
Thank you.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #15697
Tech Apprentice
 
nitro rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Caledonia Michigan
Posts: 66
Default

Can I get some more imput?
I am planning on going to my first big race in 3 weeks. The track is 1 1/2 times longer than the one I'm used to running. My straight is roughly 130 feet where this one is 250 plus, with more sweeping and flowing turns. What should I look to run for gearing. I run a NS12s3. Any set up imput would be great. This track is the same one the Gas nat's were at.
Thanks,
nitro rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:09 AM   #15698
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Rims

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thank you.
And is very, very old...ist what I forgot to mention
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:02 AM   #15699
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Rims

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
And is very, very old...ist what I forgot to mention
Yeap, that must be D.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:14 AM   #15700
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro rookie
Can I get some more imput?
I am planning on going to my first big race in 3 weeks. The track is 1 1/2 times longer than the one I'm used to running. My straight is roughly 130 feet where this one is 250 plus, with more sweeping and flowing turns. What should I look to run for gearing. I run a NS12s3. Any set up imput would be great. This track is the same one the Gas nat's were at.
Thanks,
It is not just the length of the straights that counts but also the layout.

Put it this way, if a track has an average lap time of say 25 secs (which is pretty big), you will probably find that the straight might only take 3 or 4 secs, 5 max. This means the rest of the time it is the technical part of the track that takes time.

If there are more sweeping and flowing turns, use the one-way (unlocked). Adjust your brake settings so as NOT to lock your rear wheels at the most important braking point on that particular track.

Tighten your rear diff, even better ... use a solid rear if you can get hold of one (provided the track is not bumpy).

If there is enough grip, use as high a shore as possible.

Adjust your steering for best cornering only for this track. Take out excessive steering sesnsitivity so that you're not snaking around all over. I normally adjust the exponential rather than reduce my EPA.

As for gearing, try the stock ones first but have the 18-23 pinions and 59-55 spurs ready.

Finally ... practise, practise, practise.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 09-17-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #15701
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Finken
Have any of you tried the new servo saver, they say its giving better cornering speed, beacouse of less "ackerman"

and the new diff clamp?
Not yet but they're on their way.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:20 AM   #15702
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Not yet but they're on their way.
Right, that's it - RING Time!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #15703
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Right, that's it - RING Time!
Ooops! That's the doorbell. Too late Mark, the bits are here!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:26 AM   #15704
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
It is not just the length of the straights that counts but also the layout.

Put it this way, if a track has an average lap time of say 25 secs (which is pretty big), you will probably find that the straight might only take 3 or 4 secs, 5 max. This means the rest of the time it is the technical part of the track that takes time.

If there are more sweeping and flowing turns, use the one-way (unlocked). Adjust your brake settings so as NOT to lock your rear wheels at the most important braking point on that particular track.

Tighten your rear diff, even better ... use a solid rear if you can get hold of one (provided the track is not bumpy).

If there is enough grip, use as high a shore as possible.

Adjust your steering for best cornering only for this track. Take out excessive steering sesnsitivity so that you're not snaking around all over. I normally adjust the exponential rather than reduce my EPA.

As for gearing, try the stock ones first but have the 18-23 pinions and 59-55 spurs ready.

Finally ... practise, practise, practise.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:26 AM   #15705
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Ooops! That's the doorbell. Too late Mark, the bits are here!
Nevermind - my Losi shell will make up the difference
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net