R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2004, 02:50 AM   #14971
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What pipe are you using? Has the engine been broken in fully?
can it take much longer than 15 tanks to fully run in a motor?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:51 AM   #14972
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
RD turbo 3 with 2 inserts
Is that the one with adjustable length? Take off the inserts and make the pipe combo shorter for better high RPMs. What plug are you using? How is your mileage?

Else, if it is no go, I guess it's the pipe. Novarossi and Novamega inline pipes as do RD Logic 2 pipes perform flawless.

Last resort I would do is to add 0.1 mm shim on top of the existing stock silver shim (0.3 mm) to get it to 0.4 mm total.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:55 AM   #14973
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
can it take much longer than 15 tanks to fully run in a motor?
Perhaps... If you take off the engine button head, can you turn the flywheel fully without the piston getting stuck halfway? If yes, then it's still not broken in fully. The piston should reach to the top (TDC) and only then get stuck. The inner sides on the piston liner should be shining and polished where the piston moves up and down leaving a band of unpolished line on the furtherst top part all the way around.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:57 AM   #14974
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
can it take much longer than 15 tanks to fully run in a motor?
Mine started running well after about 7 tanks, I think. Check the temp - I was running mine in at about 90 Deg C at first - make sure you are up around this temp.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:57 AM   #14975
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Is that the one with adjustable length? Take off the inserts and make the pipe combo shorter for better high RPMs. What plug are you using? How is your mileage?

Else, if it is no go, I guess it's the pipe. Novarossi and Novamega inline pipes as do RD Logic 2 pipes perform flawless.

Last resort I would do is to add 0.1 mm shim on top of the existing stock silver shim (0.3 mm) to get it to 0.4 mm total.
Thanks for the advise

I will take out the inserts, and iam using Novarossi C6TF glow plugs which are average filament short body.

Just for notes we use 16% nitro with synthetic fuel
however i ran 1 litre of 5% nitro with castor (as per novarossi booklet) to run in could this be my problem?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:58 AM   #14976
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: New Anti roll bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Good old RC mushroom


http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=3738
How strong is the Alu holder? Just wondering if it is soft like the 3 Racing parts.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:59 AM   #14977
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Mine started running well after about 7 tanks, I think. Check the temp - I was running mine in at about 90 Deg C at first - make sure you are up around this temp.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark were are you taking your temps from (e.g. top of the cylinder head or body etc)?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #14978
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Anti roll bar

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
How strong is the Alu holder? Just wondering if it is soft like the 3 Racing parts.
It is very thick so i presume it will hold out, however dont hold your breath after the alu diff pully i got from them that didnt last 1 run!
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #14979
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Mark were are you taking your temps from (e.g. top of the cylinder head or body etc)?
I took the temp with an infra-red temp gun through the hole in the body shell for the glow plug starter, i.e. from the cylinder head. This is kind of the defacto point for taking temps.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:04 AM   #14980
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
This is kind of the defacto point for taking temps.
Yes, that should be the right place to take engine temps.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:04 AM   #14981
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I took the temp with an infra-red temp gun through the hole in the body shell for the glow plug starter, i.e. from the cylinder head. This is kind of the defacto point for taking temps.
I last took it from the top of the cylinder head with an infered and it was running around 95
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:07 AM   #14982
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Just for notes we use 16% nitro with synthetic fuel
however i ran 1 litre of 5% nitro with castor (as per novarossi booklet) to run in could this be my problem?
I run in mine with 10% nitro and we use 25% for normal play. That's against common practice of running in using the same fuel as you would use to race it. I did that because the 10% nitro was cheaper.

Anyway, I run in my engines using WOT method. About 15 to 20 tanks or so. I don't have a JP but I would assume their sleeve tightness are about the same as Novarossi's.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #14983
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I last took it from the top of the cylinder head with an infered and it was running around 95

Try this Josh's Engine tuning
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #14984
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I last took it from the top of the cylinder head with an infered and it was running around 95
Taking from the heatsink head and from the plug itself can be different.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:09 AM   #14985
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP in 710

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I run in mine with 10% nitro and we use 25% for normal play. That's against common practice of running in using the same fuel as you would use to race it. I did that because the 10% nitro was cheaper.

Anyway, I run in my engines using WOT method. About 15 to 20 tanks or so. I don't have a JP but I would assume their sleeve tightness are about the same as Novarossi's.
I will keep running it and hope fully it will get better Just one other thing what would adding another shim to make 0.4 do?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:45 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net