R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #2716
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G View Post
Drivetrain seems good. I do have new CVD's in the front but I may also do a belt change all the way around. The side belt I just changed but the front and rear I have not changed. I am going to take the chassis off as well and make sure it is completely flat.

Thanks
Gael
Have you checked front and rear track width ? 1 mm off can have big impact on handling.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #2717
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
I have had this problem every since I purchased the car. I ran the car first with the stock 4mm chassis and it would spin out. I then put on the LCG chassis to see if that would solve the problem and the car is still spinning out. I will be doing a total rebuild on the car this week so I will check the belts pulleys and diff. Hope I find something....
One thing you guys may want to look at is the exp. on your radio. I encountered a similar problem (spinning out ) when I switched from the 710 to the 720 . my radio exp. was way too far and was locking one tire up going into a turn. it may not lock up just rolling it turned,but with a 25mph turn forcing the tire inboard more it will touch the knuckle. Hope this helps
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #2718
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I think I have found the problem......seems that my front was too narrow and my dog bones are binding. The suspension arms would not move up like they should limiting the suspension travel......and then when you turn the wheel with the suspension are in the up position it would totaly lock the wheel.... Thanks guys for all the help guys...

ChuckNizzle, I will listen next time you tell me something.....uhmmmm...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #2719
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I think I have found the problem......seems that my front was too narrow and my dog bones are binding. The suspension arms would not move up like they should limiting the suspension travel......and then when you turn the wheel with the suspension are in the up position it would totaly lock the wheel.... Thanks guys for all the help guys...

What did you have your track width set to?

Thanks
Gael
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #2720
Tech Adept

hi guys:

Almost every day I drive my 720 I broke the exaust spring (the spring on the tip pf the tuned pipe). I broke more than 10 springs.I always mount it without being compressed, but is always break. Any hints on the root couse of this problem?

regards

Eduardo

Last edited by eduardo_garcia; 07-10-2007 at 12:44 PM.
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #2721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia View Post
hi guys:

Almost every day I drive my 720 I broke the exaust spring. I broke more than 10 springs.I always mount it without being compressed, but is always break. Any hints on the root couse of this problem?

regards

Eduardo
Check that your pipe is not protruding too much. The stinger should be really close or right along the width of the car.

I hope you didn't throw away the broken exhaust springs. You can "revive" it by unlooping/straightening one of the coils. When you make the bend, make sure it is not a sharp bend like an "L" but more like a "U".
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #2722
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia View Post
hi guys:

Almost every day I drive my 720 I broke the exaust spring (the spring on the tip pf the tuned pipe). I broke more than 10 springs.I always mount it without being compressed, but is always break. Any hints on the root couse of this problem?

regards

Eduardo
The stinger should not be past the tires. That way if you hit something it does not break.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #2723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Killa G, it was like 196......and I didn't sand anything off of the dogbone. I'm going to set it up at 200mm in the rear and 198 in the front. That should make a world of difference...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #2724
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Quote:

Nizzles you also need to make the other changes we were talking about this weekend... you also need to get rid of the other tires you were running, and get some JACOS...!!!

My 720 ran good this weekend at 301 raceway I qualified 2nd 3sec back from TQ.. Had some problems in the main

Brandon
Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #2725
Tech Elite

Quote:
Killa G, it was like 196......and I didn't sand anything off of the dogbone. I'm going to set it up at 200mm in the rear and 198 in the front. That should make a world of difference...
196?

Follow the stock set-up to the T and with the exception of a push on-throttle, the set-up is a good starting point for most tracks.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #2726
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Too narrow of a track width in front with dogbones is defintley bad,, I think even 198 is pushing it... look it over close, make sure there is no binding, you can also run Universals in front, but then you run into the fragile uni problem....
To fight the on power push, you can run one shore softer in front than in the rear, this also has the added benefit of giving more even tire wear...
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #2727
Tech Adept

what about useing CVDs in the front is 198 width OK?
look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #2728
Tech Elite

198 should be Ok with cvd's or dog bones. When I run dog bones I run 198 and it is fine. You just have to make sure that there is no binding. Lift the arms up all the way and if there is no binding then it is OK. If you want to narrow more than 198 then you must shave the ends of the dog bones.

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #2729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

since i'am still not very familiar with this car....hope u guys can assist me what parts i have to pay extra attention, any tips generally do's and don't regarding this ccar..thanks
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #2730
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
since i'am still not very familiar with this car....hope u guys can assist me what parts i have to pay extra attention, any tips generally do's and don't regarding this ccar..thanks
If you're running cvd's up front, always have an extra pack on hand... Also, you may want to get the front lola bumper plate and the extra wide front foam bumper pad... Your front end will almost be bullet proof then. In the year that I've had the car, I've only had the replace a couple of cvd's and the front belt... Other then that, the car is rock solid!!! Remember though that anything can happen at the track so always have extra spur gears, arms front and rear on hand... .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote