R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #2686
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp View Post
today already test drive 720-07,really good car ,easy settings,i hear many ppl said serpent 720-07 car part expensive,but now i know really cheap,also best quality,now really love 720-07
People say that to put you off from buying one, discover how good the car is, get good at racing and then kicking their butt! that's why!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #2687
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad View Post
You need 5 steps for the RRR and 4 for the 720 (just skip the step #3).
That is what I used to do when I ran the RRR and now running the 720.
If you replace step 1 with just unscrewing the grub screw holding the exhaust to front spring you'll be amazed (after a few times doing it) how easy it is.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #2688
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

yap you are correct,after you play it you will love it,l loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
People say that to put you off from buying one, discover how good the car is, get good at racing and then kicking their butt! that's why!
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #2689
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

you should only be using the top screws.....thast what those indents in the head are for,to clear the screwdriver,,,,
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #2690
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
How easy is it to remove and replace the engine in a 720 07? Do you have to maneuver (translation = "pry") it out and/or remove some part(s) - or can you just remove the top 4 engine mount screws and lift the engine right out?

Thanks!

It was always a pain to remove the engine in the MTX-4. It would always get caught up on the rear bulkhead, radio plate, side stiffner, brake disc and/or the tensioner bracket (clutch bell).
You can shave some part of the radio plate and the bulk head too. Then it will
be a lot easier for you to take out your engine from the top. Great Car you
have there.
Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:40 AM   #2691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1st run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez View Post
Good choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Or just start with the 720 ... only upgrade what you need AFTER you've used it for a while.
yesterday after completing assembly of the kit ( 720 + fr one way) including the electronics and motor + TZ3 + 2630 pipe + 40 shore tyres + stock setting and gearing ... i drove it out for the 1st time....for 1 and half tank of runtime it just felt easy,.. diving into corners , mid corners , through the chiccanes , shooting on the back straight , going fast into sweepers...i wouldn't want to sound exxegerating but i have to wait for the next race in a few weeks to really know what i can do with it..

exiting corners on power the car was pushing...maybe i didn't shave the front tyres , well it was only what u call a maiden run..stil lots of thing i got to learn about this car...but for yesterdays feeling "2 thumbs up"
....except for the "pushing exiting corners" , if not it would have been perfect run
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #2692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
yesterday after completing assembly of the kit ( 720 + fr one way) including the electronics and motor + TZ3 + 2630 pipe + 40 shore tyres + stock setting and gearing ... i drove it out for the 1st time....for 1 and half tank of runtime it just felt easy,.. diving into corners , mid corners , through the chiccanes , shooting on the back straight , going fast into sweepers...i wouldn't want to sound exxegerating but i have to wait for the next race in a few weeks to really know what i can do with it..

exiting corners on power the car was pushing...maybe i didn't shave the front tyres , well it was only what u call a maiden run..stil lots of thing i got to learn about this car...but for yesterdays feeling "2 thumbs up"
....except for the "pushing exiting corners" , if not it would have been perfect run
Very interesting... What shore/brand tires were you running on what type of traction? Also, were you running one-way/solid/diff up front - and if diff, what oils front/rear?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 AM   #2693
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Very interesting... What shore/brand tires were you running on what type of traction? Also, were you running one-way/solid/diff up front - and if diff, what oils front/rear?
1-40 shore all round ( cheetah tyres )
2- good traction
3- i put in a one way, coz i have always like driving a one way
4- rear diff with the diff oil that came with the kit .. i think 20K
5- still with dog bone up front, going to change to the UJ this coming race
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #2694
Tech Elite

Quote:
1-40 shore all round ( cheetah tyres )
2- good traction
3- i put in a one way, coz i have always like driving a one way
4- rear diff with the diff oil that came with the kit .. i think 20K
5- still with dog bone up front, going to change to the UJ this coming race
You can increase castor or you can increase rear diff oil. Not knowing your set up, this is what I think. If you have too much front travel that also causes push on throttle. Makes too much weight transfer to the rear end.

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #2695
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have an interesing problem with my car but I cannot determine the source of it. It is as if the car is tweaked but when I set it up and check everything it seems ok. On left turns the car understeers but on right turns the back wants to get loose. This is also evident in quick transition sections. I am assuming that it is a case of the weight on the car not being distibuted evenly?

Thanks
Gael
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #2696
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
You can increase castor or you can increase rear diff oil. Not knowing your set up, this is what I think. If you have too much front travel that also causes push on throttle. Makes too much weight transfer to the rear end.

DJ Apolaro
thanks for d tips....i don't quite understand "front travel" do u mean my droop or my ride height?
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #2697
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G View Post
I have an interesing problem with my car but I cannot determine the source of it. It is as if the car is tweaked but when I set it up and check everything it seems ok. On left turns the car understeers but on right turns the back wants to get loose. This is also evident in quick transition sections. I am assuming that it is a case of the weight on the car not being distibuted evenly?

Thanks
Gael
Check the following :-

- is your steering servo horn set at an angle to the link that goes to the servo saver?

- is your servo centered properly?

- are the left and right EPA set equally on your Tx?

- set the car up on the Hudy and check that there is equal throw left and right

- check that there are no binding on the bottom of the steering link when you turn left and right.

Depending on the pipe you use, the 720's weight distribution is as good as other cars.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #2698
Tech Master

Quote:
Something to share and assuming you meant pushing exiting corners ON FULL throttle. It was exactly what I experienced first time driving the car, box stock setup (1way) with 37s all around back in 2006. It was also on a race day. I was (actually Rene did) adding more rear toe in (about 1deg, total -3) and solve it. Surely other setup changes (as suggested) could be made to get where you want the car to be.

S720 seems 1step ahead in design till now eventhough almost a year old already. The one I like the most is that when you change rear roll center (lower arms), trackwidth will remain the same. Not all car design (maybe none in 1/10?) putting attention to this small detail.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #2699
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G View Post

Thanks
Gael
other than what has been suggested by 3hobby.net founder above , I was thinking on damper build, see if the black sponge needs replacement. I`m sure this wont happened to you since S720 have identical Fr/Rr damper, but I ever seen someone putting the long shock rod into the short damper housing (in S960, 1/8).
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #2700
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks for d tips....i don't quite understand "front travel" do u mean my droop or my ride height?
Droop
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote