R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #2866
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
Julius, what steering blocks do you recommend here at jp racetracks in manila? 0 or 1 mm offset?
When I was at JP last time I used the 0degree ones. They reduce the traction roll.
One thing I haven't tested there yet is using th 1 degree blocks but left and right side reversed. You'll get more steering in the middle of the corner without adding traction rolln tendency at corner entry.

The 0 degree blocks are definately the safer choice.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #2867
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 172
Default

Group buy anyone

http://cgi.ebay.com/SERPENT-Parts-Ov...QQcmdZViewItem
implusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #2868
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
When I was at JP last time I used the 0degree ones. They reduce the traction roll.
One thing I haven't tested there yet is using th 1 degree blocks but left and right side reversed. You'll get more steering in the middle of the corner without adding traction rolln tendency at corner entry.

The 0 degree blocks are definately the safer choice.
Thanks bro...race with us again..
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #2869
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez View Post
The pressure chamber provides an extra room for consistent pressure from full to empty tank.
Ok...thanks bro
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #2870
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28 View Post
RevMaxx: that thicker ring you are mentioning, is that also a Serpent item if so what is the part number and what store did you got it from, thanks
not sure if its a serpent part as it came separate. the shop owner handed me the 3rd one-way kit and just taped the thicker ring with the pack. i'll try to inquire if i get the chance to visit the shop again.
got it at Harmony Models at HK... see pics
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-3rd-one-way.jpg  
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #2871
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

do the new knuckles give you more steering?
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #2872
Tech Regular
 
1FastSerpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage View Post
do the new knuckles give you more steering?
When I Talked to Gianni , he was running the 0's & I believe he said they are the same as the Stock knuckles & the +1's added steering. Or it was Vise Versa. But yea, one of them adds to the steering.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 AM   #2873
Tech Regular
 
MNF1SAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
not sure if its a serpent part as it came separate. the shop owner handed me the 3rd one-way kit and just taped the thicker ring with the pack. i'll try to inquire if i get the chance to visit the shop again.
got it at Harmony Models at HK... see pics
The first generation had the second ring that needed to replace the original. The product that came out after that already had the new ring in the package. There is no part number for the ring alone.
MNF1SAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM   #2874
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
When I Talked to Gianni , he was running the 0's & I believe he said they are the same as the Stock knuckles & the +1's added steering. Or it was Vise Versa. But yea, one of them adds to the steering.
thanks mark. i have both i guess im just gonig to have to test! are you going to superior?
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 PM   #2875
Tech Regular
 
1FastSerpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Austin, Fingers crossed I can make it over. I had a blast there last time. And Now that I got the front Diff figured out in the car , It should be real good.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #2876
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
not sure if its a serpent part as it came separate. the shop owner handed me the 3rd one-way kit and just taped the thicker ring with the pack. i'll try to inquire if i get the chance to visit the shop again.
got it at Harmony Models at HK... see pics
What is the problem with the ring that came with the set? I got mine recently and it fits ok.
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #2877
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
What is the problem with the ring that came with the set? I got mine recently and it fits ok.
i believe the 3rd one-way set that i got were of the first batch which had a thinner ring. the succeeding batches came with the thicker ones, as MNF1SAND mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNF1SAND View Post
The first generation had the second ring that needed to replace the original. The product that came out after that already had the new ring in the package. There is no part number for the ring alone.
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #2878
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
When I Talked to Gianni , he was running the 0's & I believe he said they are the same as the Stock knuckles & the +1's added steering. Or it was Vise Versa. But yea, one of them adds to the steering.
0 is less stering 1 deg is more stering .
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #2879
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
0 is less stering 1 deg is more stering .
i used the new 1 deg knuckles yesterday on a tight set-up track. I had real good steering. TQ and 1st
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:57 AM   #2880
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
i believe the 3rd one-way set that i got were of the first batch which had a thinner ring. the succeeding batches came with the thicker ones, as MNF1SAND mentioned...
Have you tested the 3rd one way? I havent tested mine yet.. busy lately
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net