Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

has anyone done any in depth testing with the csi pistons? i have the black ones in my car, just curious if anyone has found anything while using them, i havent had time to run my car in the last 2+ months.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

So I didnt get to make it to the JBRL last weekend but I will be out at Rev this Sat for the Agama race. I know I posted a setup on here and wanted to see how people liked it that raced the JBRL and what adjustment people made if any.

As far as SCI pistons I have never tried them but the new Mugen tapered pistons work great and I am running them in all my cars
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
So I didnt get to make it to the JBRL last weekend but I will be out at Rev this Sat for the Agama race. I know I posted a setup on here and wanted to see how people liked it that raced the JBRL and what adjustment people made if any.

As far as SCI pistons I have never tried them but the new Mugen tapered pistons work great and I am running them in all my cars
7-10-3 diffs and active caster in front. The caster felt better imo. I will be out there this sat to most likely. I got a booked schedule for sun/monday so im trying to go to the agama race sat. Darn Disneyland lol
Old 05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timox
Dose anyone know where to get one of these ?
Why would you want one? Not knocking on it but it just looks like another source to store heat, making maybe diff oils cook faster, brakes hotter, and linkages. The plastic is perfectly fine.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
has anyone done any in depth testing with the csi pistons? i have the black ones in my car, just curious if anyone has found anything while using them, i havent had time to run my car in the last 2+ months.
I've got the v1 blacks with 45 f and 35 rear losi oil with the black 9.25 springs in the front and 10.0 black in the rear and absolutely love it. I'm thinking about trying the v1 blues with Thoes springs at the next club race. If you got any questions let me know.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher

Kev, I ran you're setup last weekend at the JBRL. On Friday I found the car to be a little a$$ happy and pushy. The suspension was dialed. Here are the changes I made to you're setup. Changed the front diff to 5K and the Center to 7K. Changed the clutch to a Works with 2 Carbon/.9 and 2 Alum/1.0.

Those changes made the car much more predictable especially as the track came apart.

I am trying to get out this weekend for the Agama race and plan on running the same setup.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buster661
Kev, I ran you're setup last weekend at the JBRL. On Friday I found the car to be a little a$$ happy and pushy. The suspension was dialed. Here are the changes I made to you're setup. Changed the front diff to 5K and the Center to 7K. Changed the clutch to a Works with 2 Carbon/.9 and 2 Alum/1.0.

Those changes made the car much more predictable especially as the track came apart.

I am trying to get out this weekend for the Agama race and plan on running the same setup.
sir did you run the hubs? the 1mm in front and 2mm in the rear? also I ran the rear link long meaning the out side hole towards the wheel. and dropped the hub down meaning the top hole on the rear hub. once I did that I was no long a$$ happy and I also moved my battery to the back tray.

I was able to drive hard in to the turn get off the gas and turn then back on gas. on parts of the track we had. some parts I was able to line up much faster than I was before

you said pushy going to the turn? and a$$ happy to. that's a crazy combo.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Keith Lewis
A smaller spur gives more top end. The 46 tooth will have more bottom end. Opposite of clutch bells.

+1
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

I want to underdrive the rear of the car so do I put options gears in the back diff?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Why would you want one? Not knocking on it but it just looks like another source to store heat, making maybe diff oils cook faster, brakes hotter, and linkages. The plastic is perfectly fine.
Keep stripping the 4 long screws that hold the diff mount together. Stripped about 4 diff mounts now. So was looking for something a bit more bullet proof.

Also wouldn't the alloy act as a heat sink drawing heat out of the diff and help the cooling ? The plastic diff case wont absorb any heat so the heat in the diff has no where to go. At least with the alloy one the heat has somewhere to go and because of the extra surface area can dissipate the heat more efficiently.

They make cooling heads for our engines out of alloy. Not plastic.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Timox, i've never heard of anyone stripping so many centre mounts, just loosen your grip and use your fingers when tightening up screws into plastic so you'll feel when they're getting tight, are you having this problem with other parts of the car?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Timox
Keep stripping the 4 long screws that hold the diff mount together. Stripped about 4 diff mounts now. So was looking for something a bit more bullet proof.

Also wouldn't the alloy act as a heat sink drawing heat out of the diff and help the cooling ? The plastic diff case wont absorb any heat so the heat in the diff has no where to go. At least with the alloy one the heat has somewhere to go and because of the extra surface area can dissipate the heat more efficiently.

They make cooling heads for our engines out of alloy. Not plastic.
I also have stripped quite a few centre diff mounts. No other screws around the car seem to strip anywhere near as often as the centre diff mount ones do...
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by curacing2
Timox, i've never heard of anyone stripping so many centre mounts, just loosen your grip and use your fingers when tightening up screws into plastic so you'll feel when they're getting tight, are you having this problem with other parts of the car?
No haven't had any trouble with any of the other screws around the car. I have always tightened them by hand.

They don't ever seem to feel like they are getting tight the screws just seem to slip in the plastic real easy. They could do with a bit longer screws so they have a bit more to hold into. Its only like the last 4 or 5 threads that are actually screwed into anything.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Questions??

Just a quick question.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how many "R" versions of the kit there are, and what are the differences between the versions?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

John as far as I know the only R now is the new USA spec buggy. I think all the old R cars are gone. As far as whats diff between the 2 R cars. Its just a bunch of alum upgrade parts and all the carbon is now silver.
Originally Posted by John.
Just a quick question.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how many "R" versions of the kit there are, and what are the differences between the versions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.