Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Buster661
Is the motor brand new ? If so, it will really help to preheat it with a heat gun or a hair dryer. Also, what batteries are in you're starter box ?

A little more info and I am sure we can help ...

hi i have a 12v battery with fasttrack starterbox, and im not sure if the motor is new or not since i was given the car on its own from a friend and then i invested in the glow starter and starter box my self

thanks hope you can help
Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prianc
hi,

i got everything to start my nitro rc mbx6 (just to let you know i am a newbie)

the car wont start. I put the car on the starter box and plug the glow plug in and push down and the flywheel on the car wont turn and keeps jamming any ideas.
Preheat the engine, especially if it is brand new.

If engine is new, get familiar with break in procedure and how to perform a good engine break in. You don't want to mess up your engine the first time you fire it up. If you are breaking in the engine for the first time and are unfamiliar with this procedure, ask for help from someone with plenty of experience.

A good strong starter box with charged batteries makes a huge difference.

Prime the engine to get the fuel supply going, but don't flood the engine (once the fuel gets to the intake nipple on the carb, that should do it).

Make sure your glow plug is good and your igniter is charged and working.

Turn on the electronics and make sure your throttle linkage and idle are set properly.

Now your ready to fire it up and it should fire up within the first few bumps of the starter box.

If it doesn't fire up immediately, recheck everything mentioned above.

Now once you get it fired up, keeping it running and running well is a whole new topic.

Let us know how it goes and have fun with it.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Also, if your engine keeps getting jammed at top dead center (TDC), ie your piston is stuck at the top of the cylinder, it sounds like your engine is not completely broken in and it still has a bunch of pinch. My guess would be your engine is either brand new, or it doesn't have much fuel through it. It wouldn't hurt to reset the needles and start as if you are breaking in the motor.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

http://www.rcracechat.net/gallery.html more pics and video soon to come! also the interview with ronda drake, it was a good show.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all..Just changed brands last week..We are new to Mugen. Built my son's MBX6r "US Version" Fri and Sat..He raced Sun and won..A disclaimer, all the fast guys were out of town, however my son came off the stand smiling from ear to ear..Said the buggy "stuck to the track like glue". He also said that he could put that buggy "anywhere he wanted to". As for the quality of buggy all I can say is unbelieveable! Everything fit like a glove, everything in the right bag and the quality of all the parts is top of the line. I was not sure how I would like the silver carbon fiber parts but once its built it is striking..Looking at the buggy you can immediately see that it is something special..Not just like every other buggy..Looking forward to a great wining season...Glad to be here with you Mugen guys!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjracing
Hi all..Just changed brands last week..We are new to Mugen. Built my son's MBX6r "US Version" Fri and Sat..He raced Sun and won..A disclaimer, all the fast guys were out of town, however my son came off the stand smiling from ear to ear..Said the buggy "stuck to the track like glue". He also said that he could put that buggy "anywhere he wanted to". As for the quality of buggy all I can say is unbelieveable! Everything fit like a glove, everything in the right bag and the quality of all the parts is top of the line. I was not sure how I would like the silver carbon fiber parts but once its built it is striking..Looking at the buggy you can immediately see that it is something special..Not just like every other buggy..Looking forward to a great wining season...Glad to be here with you Mugen guys!!!
Just wait till the car hits a solid gallon on track and loosens up. It gets even better! One big thing though to watch during this gallon is diff shimming the cases and gears loosen up and get a lil loose and most of the time need a shim in the rear.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Just wait till the car hits a solid gallon on track and loosens up. It gets even better! One big thing though to watch during this gallon is diff shimming the cases and gears loosen up and get a lil loose and most of the time need a shim in the rear.
+1 the rear usually needs an extra shim after a while, otherwise you get a bit of clickity-clack
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

more pics and video soon to come! also the interview with ronda drake, it was a good show.[/QUOTE]

HI, Big Shane

I cant get your rc race chats to load up, either on your site or via itunes !

Is anyone else having trouble ?

Will
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

SJRacing, also after you have run awhile, make sure to check your alignment, and ride height as parts work themselves in and new shock springs will loosen up and be a bit softer 'less springy' then new.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The buggy definitely improves throughout its first gallon, maybe even two. I'm just over 2.5 gallons and it's feeling better and better. Definitely drops its nuts, so keep an eye on shimming and setup as mentioned.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys
Will a Kyosho MP9 clutch bell fit on the X6 clutch assembly?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Well Just ordered my US Spec..can't wait to get her built and running.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)

44t spur how does this affect the car?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
More bottom end power
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
A smaller spur gives more top end. The 46 tooth will have more bottom end. Opposite of clutch bells.

Last edited by Keith Lewis; 05-13-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.