Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mike S. is the man! He's actually the one who convinced me to give the Mugen a try.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What bearings are you guys using on wheels and diff? We run in extremely dusty conditions. Also what is the best way to maintain bearings? Paint thinner clean?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone had a problem with the NOVA 4-C team in the Mugen? The housing for the high speed needle sticks out so far that its hard to even get the body on. The housing pushes against the left window really bad. So bad that on my practice body,where I drilled a hole in the window for screwdriver access, the whole top of the needle housing actually sticks out of the hole. Easy access for sure but I definitelly dont like it exposed to the elements like that. On the race body(no hole drilled yet), its so tight that its only a matter of time before the body rips either at the post holes or the housing digs straight through the window. I thought about trying to heat it up and bow out the plastic to relieve it a little, kind of janky though.
Somebody has to have experienced this right??
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by skye b.
Has anyone had a problem with the NOVA 4-C team in the Mugen? The housing for the high speed needle sticks out so far that its hard to even get the body on. The housing pushes against the left window really bad. So bad that on my practice body,where I drilled a hole in the window for screwdriver access, the whole top of the needle housing actually sticks out of the hole. Easy access for sure but I definitelly dont like it exposed to the elements like that. On the race body(no hole drilled yet), its so tight that its only a matter of time before the body rips either at the post holes or the housing digs straight through the window. I thought about trying to heat it up and bow out the plastic to relieve it a little, kind of janky though.
Somebody has to have experienced this right??
mine sticks out of the body, i've never had a problem with it or even been worried about it. Same goes for my brother's RC8 a couple years ago
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by alport78
I'm not pleased with Mugen shock boots. They damage very easily. Anyone know a more durable shock boot to use on Mugen?
Ive used MBX5 shock boots, there thicker rubber.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use agama shock boots. They are thick and last a very long time. Been using the same ones for probably 6 months.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
For those who are interested I ran at Revelation on sat for about 8 hours and after going through mutiple setup found this one to be really really good..

thanks to Mike Shirley for starting me out in the right direction.
I run at Revs as well, and this setup looks virtually identical to my current setup

This setup is extremely good at Revs.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Sweet! I forgot to mention that I am running the new pistons MUGE0580
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Megasaxon, I guess I'll just run it.
SEF and Kthatcher, im going to hit you guys up if thats ok. Probabally going to be heading to Rev as much as possible in the next few weeks to get ready for JBRL. Could use all the help I can get with getting the Mugen setup right.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

SEF and Kthatcher, im going to hit you guys up if thats ok. Probabally going to be heading to Rev as much as possible in the next few weeks to get ready for JBRL. Could use all the help I can get with getting the Mugen setup right.
No problem dude let me know how I can help,you can email me at [email protected]
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
For those who are interested I ran at Revelation on sat for about 8 hours and after going through mutiple setup found this one to be really really good..

thanks to Mike Shirley for starting me out in the right direction.
Hey Kevin, why the high diff oils I always at rev ren around 5,7,2.... Im ganna run this set up for rev since i haven't got much time on my R this year only jbrl really so if you feel its dialed im trusting you lol. Go ahead and pm me or what ever, you also gave me ur number but i think i lost it. I will look in my pm's. thanks and see you out there on the 12th?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chad bradley
springs? Black 9.5 front and 10.5 rear. Battle used 9.75 and 10.75 at neo, I started off with battles spring setup. It was a little on the soft side, so I went to the 9.5 front and 10.5 rear and was able to drive the car a little harder. Thats all ive ran so far, need to try what the US drivers liked when they used black springs. But the 9.5 and 10.5 was good at silver state and a couple days ago at hot rods
Thanks for the info Chad,, but I was referring to the o-rings?? Im pretty much covered with the springs.... Thanks!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

PM me whenever you go. This car wasn't easy to setup since I felt it was so twitchy out of the box. I've been testing a lot at Revs and I am slowly getting to a car that is easy to drive and feels dialed.

I keep testing and trying out new things every time I'm out there for practice.

I might be there Thursday if I'm lucky.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=chad bradley;10663919]I started off with the standard (grey) oring at the top, and low friction (black) oring on the bottom. it worked good, very free and no leaking (u have to have a 1.5mm spacer between the orings, stock spacer is only 1mm). Since I noticed no leaking I wanted to try all low friction orings. super free the shock body almost slides on the shock shaft with its own weight. I ran my car in two qualifiers and after checked to see any leaking, none of the shocks leaked, however on one of my shocks air mixed in with the oil (wasnt enough to be a concern)

I would have both types of orings on hand[f/QUOTE]
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Video from last friday nights club race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2OjQCAyZVg

Ran basically my Silver State setup (just limited the droop) and put back on the long front brace, forgot to mention I used the shorty plastic front brace at Silver State for the bumps. Limited my droop back to 108f and 128r. I also tried "super" active caster (high hole insert on the mount and low hole insert on the front tower for the upper front arm). I think it might be a little too much turn in, but its a good thing to remember to try for Indoor stuff (electric or nitro) if you want a mad amount of turn in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.