Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 11-29-2021, 04:40 AM
  #2236  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by AsphaltFlyer
What is the benefit of the new part/design? I see other manufacturer are using similar setup.
gives you another level of adjustability. We ran it this weekend at the champs. You can fine tune how the steering feels.
Racer649 is offline  
Old 11-29-2021, 04:44 AM
  #2237  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does a couple of things. Lowering the rear roll center gives more lateral grip in the rear and you can adjust the height with shims. It is also a design that no longer requires checking the pivot mount for rear binding and resetting. It appears to also generate more rear steer (not sure on that one though). The CRC design is really nicely machined aluminum. WGTR and F1 kit are the mount and a rear pod lower plate. The new mount fits the existing main chassis. I converted my WGTR at the champs in about a half hour.
Racer649 likes this.

Last edited by old_dude; 11-30-2021 at 04:40 AM.
old_dude is offline  
Old 11-29-2021, 09:01 AM
  #2238  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,280
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Wayne Gerber on this win in WGT-R at US Indoor Champs

Roche RC USA: Payne and Gerber win at US Indoor Champs
hanulec is offline  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:55 AM
  #2239  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
Congrats to Wayne Gerber on this win in WGT-R at US Indoor Champs

Roche RC USA: Payne and Gerber win at US Indoor Champs
He almost had TQ except for a epic blowout on the last lap of the last qualifier. Lol something about sending it.
hanulec, MC Hamilton and Sortafast like this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 05:16 AM
  #2240  
Suspended
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default WGT etc...

I am very new to this class. I have an opprtunity to get a CRC car. I was wondering where do I source the wheels. They have a three hole pattern in the rear yes? But are rubber not foam? Who sells these? Also can someone link me to a shop that has a good supply of bodies and parts? I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 09:37 AM
  #2241  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: N/A
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
I am very new to this class. I have an opprtunity to get a CRC car. I was wondering where do I source the wheels. They have a three hole pattern in the rear yes? But are rubber not foam? Who sells these? Also can someone link me to a shop that has a good supply of bodies and parts? I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
Hey, welcome to the class. The spec tire is CRC rubber, and the approved body list can be found on the first page of this thread. You can find parts directly through the CRC site or through AMain Hobbies or perhaps at the track.

https://teamcrc.com/product/2314-mounted-rt1-rubber-tires-on-gtr-wheels-4/
bentouttashape is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 02:25 PM
  #2242  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Denver 5280 Raceway
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
I am very new to this class. I have an opprtunity to get a CRC car. I was wondering where do I source the wheels. They have a three hole pattern in the rear yes? But are rubber not foam? Who sells these? Also can someone link me to a shop that has a good supply of bodies and parts? I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
Rear wheel are four hole.
Vintagedriver is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 04:15 PM
  #2243  
Suspended
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver
Rear wheel are four hole.
Yes of course, my mistake.
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 05:11 AM
  #2244  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
All of the rules are on the first post of the thread.
davidl likes this.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:21 AM
  #2245  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,024
Default

I think it's incredibly cool that you can run a VTA body - not saying anyone should - but very cool.
davidl, TimXLB and NutDriver like this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 01:41 PM
  #2246  
Tech Adept
 
typhon92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Posts: 243
Default

Congratulations to Wayne Gerber and Roche P10 WGT-R
Roche is better than CRC 😜
typhon92 is offline  
Old 12-07-2021, 01:20 PM
  #2247  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by typhon92
Congratulations to Wayne Gerber and Roche P10 WGT-R
Roche is better than CRC 😜
But his Roche isn't a kit Roche. There are several custom parts on that car that may soon be available (when?) to make it work better. His version was developed at The Gate with many blessings from the powers that be. He is moving on to the Fenix to make that car better. I race against him. He is a really good driver with good engineering skills and is now teamed up with another engineer/machinist. Great things will probably come out of this. More competitive RT cars will only help the class.
The Indoor Champs "A" was his Roche against 9 CRC cars (only designed for rubber tire car). Even Frank C would like to see competition.
davidl and typhon92 like this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 12-07-2021, 01:59 PM
  #2248  
Tech Adept
 
typhon92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
But his Roche isn't a kit Roche. There are several custom parts on that car that may soon be available (when?) to make it work better. His version was developed at The Gate with many blessings from the powers that be. He is moving on to the Fenix to make that car better. I race against him. He is a really good driver with good engineering skills and is now teamed up with another engineer/machinist. Great things will probably come out of this. More competitive RT cars will only help the class.
The Indoor Champs "A" was his Roche against 9 CRC cars (only designed for rubber tire car). Even Frank C would like to see competition.

i helped Max Ma for the development of this Roche P10 WGT-R, and when I see the car of Wayne Iím surprised to see that he moved the lateral brace, but if this setup is better for Wayne, is good for other driver
hanulec likes this.
typhon92 is offline  
Old 12-07-2021, 02:59 PM
  #2249  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,280
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
But his Roche isn't a kit Roche. There are several custom parts on that car that may soon be available (when?) to make it work better. His version was developed at The Gate with many blessings from the powers that be. He is moving on to the Fenix to make that car better. I race against him. He is a really good driver with good engineering skills and is now teamed up with another engineer/machinist. Great things will probably come out of this. More competitive RT cars will only help the class.
The Indoor Champs "A" was his Roche against 9 CRC cars (only designed for rubber tire car). Even Frank C would like to see competition.
the "alternate" front plate that Wayne ran is available for sale. all fancy parts we come up with are available for sale.... and will be integrated into the next edition car (hopefully)
old_dude likes this.
hanulec is offline  
Old 12-08-2021, 04:24 AM
  #2250  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
the "alternate" front plate that Wayne ran is available for sale. all fancy parts we come up with are available for sale.... and will be integrated into the next edition car (hopefully)
I wanted you to answer that.
You would have like to of heard Matt B. and Wayne cussing out that next build. Mainly about the manual. I told them I have seen worse, but only one I can think of.
I will add that it is great to see a manufacturer look at what some racers do to improve their car. Nothing is perfect out of the box as the intent is usually widespread use. When a change for purpose sets the car apart then making that available to the buyers of the cars is great. None of that "Not invented by me" crap. Listen and learn, it might help you.
davidl and DavidNERODease like this.

Last edited by old_dude; 12-08-2021 at 04:36 AM.
old_dude is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.