Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 04:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AsphaltFlyer
What is the benefit of the new part/design? I see other manufacturer are using similar setup.
gives you another level of adjustability. We ran it this weekend at the champs. You can fine tune how the steering feels.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does a couple of things. Lowering the rear roll center gives more lateral grip in the rear and you can adjust the height with shims. It is also a design that no longer requires checking the pivot mount for rear binding and resetting. It appears to also generate more rear steer (not sure on that one though). The CRC design is really nicely machined aluminum. WGTR and F1 kit are the mount and a rear pod lower plate. The new mount fits the existing main chassis. I converted my WGTR at the champs in about a half hour.
Racer649 likes this.

Last edited by old_dude; 11-30-2021 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Congrats to Wayne Gerber on this win in WGT-R at US Indoor Champs

Roche RC USA: Payne and Gerber win at US Indoor Champs
Old 12-03-2021, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
Congrats to Wayne Gerber on this win in WGT-R at US Indoor Champs

Roche RC USA: Payne and Gerber win at US Indoor Champs
He almost had TQ except for a epic blowout on the last lap of the last qualifier. Lol something about sending it.
hanulec, MC Hamilton and Sortafast like this.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default WGT etc...

I am very new to this class. I have an opprtunity to get a CRC car. I was wondering where do I source the wheels. They have a three hole pattern in the rear yes? But are rubber not foam? Who sells these? Also can someone link me to a shop that has a good supply of bodies and parts? I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
Old 12-04-2021, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
I am very new to this class. I have an opprtunity to get a CRC car. I was wondering where do I source the wheels. They have a three hole pattern in the rear yes? But are rubber not foam? Who sells these? Also can someone link me to a shop that has a good supply of bodies and parts? I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
Hey, welcome to the class. The spec tire is CRC rubber, and the approved body list can be found on the first page of this thread. You can find parts directly through the CRC site or through AMain Hobbies or perhaps at the track.

https://teamcrc.com/product/2314-mounted-rt1-rubber-tires-on-gtr-wheels-4/
Old 12-04-2021, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Rear wheel are four hole.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver
Rear wheel are four hole.
Yes of course, my mistake.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am not lazy generally; I just dont have the time to read through the whole thread!
All of the rules are on the first post of the thread.
davidl likes this.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

I think it's incredibly cool that you can run a VTA body - not saying anyone should - but very cool.
davidl, TimXLB and NutDriver like this.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Congratulations to Wayne Gerber and Roche P10 WGT-R
Roche is better than CRC 😜
Old 12-07-2021, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by typhon92
Congratulations to Wayne Gerber and Roche P10 WGT-R
Roche is better than CRC 😜
But his Roche isn't a kit Roche. There are several custom parts on that car that may soon be available (when?) to make it work better. His version was developed at The Gate with many blessings from the powers that be. He is moving on to the Fenix to make that car better. I race against him. He is a really good driver with good engineering skills and is now teamed up with another engineer/machinist. Great things will probably come out of this. More competitive RT cars will only help the class.
The Indoor Champs "A" was his Roche against 9 CRC cars (only designed for rubber tire car). Even Frank C would like to see competition.
davidl and typhon92 like this.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old_dude
But his Roche isn't a kit Roche. There are several custom parts on that car that may soon be available (when?) to make it work better. His version was developed at The Gate with many blessings from the powers that be. He is moving on to the Fenix to make that car better. I race against him. He is a really good driver with good engineering skills and is now teamed up with another engineer/machinist. Great things will probably come out of this. More competitive RT cars will only help the class.
The Indoor Champs "A" was his Roche against 9 CRC cars (only designed for rubber tire car). Even Frank C would like to see competition.

i helped Max Ma for the development of this Roche P10 WGT-R, and when I see the car of Wayne I’m surprised to see that he moved the lateral brace, but if this setup is better for Wayne, is good for other driver
hanulec likes this.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
the "alternate" front plate that Wayne ran is available for sale. all fancy parts we come up with are available for sale.... and will be integrated into the next edition car (hopefully)
old_dude likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
the "alternate" front plate that Wayne ran is available for sale. all fancy parts we come up with are available for sale.... and will be integrated into the next edition car (hopefully)
I wanted you to answer that.
You would have like to of heard Matt B. and Wayne cussing out that next build. Mainly about the manual. I told them I have seen worse, but only one I can think of.
I will add that it is great to see a manufacturer look at what some racers do to improve their car. Nothing is perfect out of the box as the intent is usually widespread use. When a change for purpose sets the car apart then making that available to the buyers of the cars is great. None of that "Not invented by me" crap. Listen and learn, it might help you.
davidl and DavidNERODease like this.

Last edited by old_dude; 12-08-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.