Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-15-2023, 04:13 PM
  #2386  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
anythinggas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 805
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

need a little help
just picked-up the new model CRC WGTR. but having a issue, the car wants to roll over and it seems like it's traction rolling. the car just fills like it's very agressive to point i can't even run full speed through a sweeper., just need some more suggestions to help settle it down.
anythinggas is offline  
Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 AM
  #2387  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by anythinggas
need a little help
just picked-up the new model CRC WGTR. but having a issue, the car wants to roll over and it seems like it's traction rolling. the car just fills like it's very agressive to point i can't even run full speed through a sweeper., just need some more suggestions to help settle it down.
First thing is to use super glue and coat the outside of the tire. I start at the edge of the contact patch where there is a step up edge. I go all the way down to the bottom of the CRC label on the sidewall. There are plenty of YouTube videos available for doing this. May not be the same tire, but the process works on all tires. Second is to use 30K lube in the damper tubes that run side to side at the rear of the car. Next is to use 2 caster shims forward on the front caster blocks. Give that a try and report back.
AsphaltFlyer likes this.
davidl is offline  
Old 01-18-2023, 07:01 PM
  #2388  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by anythinggas
need a little help
just picked-up the new model CRC WGTR. but having a issue, the car wants to roll over and it seems like it's traction rolling. the car just fills like it's very agressive to point i can't even run full speed through a sweeper., just need some more suggestions to help settle it down.
Which body are you running? I have tested many and the body makes a huge difference in this class.
MC Hamilton is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 06:17 PM
  #2389  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
anythinggas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 805
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Which body are you running? I have tested many and the body makes a huge difference in this class.
running the Zoodiac GT
anythinggas is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 07:24 PM
  #2390  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by anythinggas
running the Zoodiac GT
That's the fast one. I had a friend take some slow motion video on his iphone of my car going through the corners where I was traction rolling. We could then see which inside wheel was lifting first. I doing this, we spotted two conditions. One, the inside front wheel lifting first, then the rest of the car following into the flip. We were able to fix the traction roll issue (already had front sidewalls glued) by running stiffer side springs at the rear of the car and heavier damper fluid in the tubes. The video showed the car sort of dumping over to the outside rear. Two, the inside rear lifting first or both lifting together. To reduce traction roll for this condition, we went with softer front springs and increased roll center on the front, trying to allow the front end to dive more on the outside front wheel. Just sharing what worked for us. You'll have to test on your own. I run a Roche, not a CRC so results may vary.
MC Hamilton is offline  
Old 01-20-2023, 04:58 AM
  #2391  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

On the CRC I lower the roll center (raising the upper arm) to reduce TR. Last step is the long arm option for really high bite. The CRC front end has shorter arms than most to start with. The long arm is close to a Associated style, maybe just a mm longer.
old_dude is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 04:44 PM
  #2392  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 34
Default

Always liked this class, with the New CTC coming out, I got one, ran at BG this week end, might be my new favorite class, even more so than GT12! Had a highly competitive group at BG.

Can't wait to run against David again soon, and if Hammie ever runs again too.

There is a group that started to run ay Larry's on Fridays, and only once a month at RC ONE (both in Michigan).





mrreet2001 likes this.
GregAnthony is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 06:04 PM
  #2393  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GregAnthony
Always liked this class, with the New CTC coming out, I got one, ran at BG this week end, might be my new favorite class, even more so than GT12! Had a highly competitive group at BG.

Can't wait to run against David again soon, and if Hammie ever runs again too.

There is a group that started to run ay Larry's on Fridays, and only once a month at RC ONE (both in Michigan).
Making a comeback this Sunday. Haven't raced since last April. Did a practice day at Larry's a few weeks ago and the cars all still worked. What are we running in Bowling Green? WGTR and GT12? I want to race 17.5 1/12th but I hear that died in BG.
MC Hamilton is offline  
Old 01-26-2023, 05:46 AM
  #2394  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,042
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Making a comeback this Sunday. Haven't raced since last April. Did a practice day at Larry's a few weeks ago and the cars all still worked. What are we running in Bowling Green? WGTR and GT12? I want to race 17.5 1/12th but I hear that died in BG.
WGTR and GT12 are the only pan car classes we currently run. Every so often we will have enough to run 17.5. It's one of those luck of the draw things as to whether the few that want to run it all show up on the same day.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 01-26-2023, 07:01 AM
  #2395  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 637
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by anythinggas
need a little help
just picked-up the new model CRC WGTR. but having a issue, the car wants to roll over and it seems like it's traction rolling. the car just fills like it's very agressive to point i can't even run full speed through a sweeper., just need some more suggestions to help settle it down.
Brian Wynn did a seminar at our race last week and he discussed his method of gluing the tires. The raw footage will be posted soon on the Queen City Rc facebook site. I think that will help.
Rick Vessell and GregAnthony like this.
dyoung is offline  
Old 01-26-2023, 11:17 AM
  #2396  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dyoung
Brian Wynn did a seminar at our race last week and he discussed his method of gluing the tires. The raw footage will be posted soon on the Queen City Rc facebook site. I think that will help.
I always liked "raw footage."
davidl is offline  
Old 01-26-2023, 02:43 PM
  #2397  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
WGTR and GT12 are the only pan car classes we currently run. Every so often we will have enough to run 17.5. It's one of those luck of the draw things as to whether the few that want to run it all show up on the same day.
We will be prepared to race GT12 and WGTR, depending on the 2-4" of snow in the forecast.

I will bring my 17.5 1/12th and maybe I can convince David Lee to jump out there for a practice run or two?
MC Hamilton is offline  
Old 01-27-2023, 12:18 PM
  #2398  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,614
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Chevrolet just unveiled their 2024 GT3 challenger, the Z06 GT3, would love to see someone try something similar for WGTR
trackdesigner71 is offline  
Old 01-28-2023, 04:02 AM
  #2399  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Chevrolet just unveiled their 2024 GT3 challenger, the Z06 GT3, would love to see someone try something similar for WGTR
Protoform does the C8 but it does not handle as well as several other bodies.
old_dude is offline  
Old 01-30-2023, 09:21 AM
  #2400  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,042
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
Protoform does the C8 but it does not handle as well as several other bodies.
The PF C8 does well in Bowling Green Ohio. I couldn't keep the zodiac off it's roof.
mrreet2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.