Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 08-02-2021, 11:56 AM
  #2086  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,377
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Getting my WGTR ready for high traction black carpet. Not wanting to buy too many sets of tires to experiment.... how much glue are you guys adding to the front sidewall? Outside sidewall only up to the line? Anyone doing the inside sidewall too or no?
Dan is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 04:47 AM
  #2087  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What I do is glue a small swath on the sidewall in the center for wall and flapper scuffing. That isn't for handling. Then I do an approximately 1/16 wide line right at the line where the surface of the tire ends on the outside of the fronts only. That is where I would start. If bite is really high then do that same line in the inside edge. Nothing other than the sidewall on the rears.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 04:48 AM
  #2088  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by davidl
We need more discussion about WGT-R racing. Has the Bitty Designes Seven-20 been approved yet?
Check page 1.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 06:46 AM
  #2089  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,930
Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Default

I did and don't see it. Just lobbying for it to be added.
davidl is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 08:35 AM
  #2090  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
ShtLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Actually shipping orders
Posts: 3,132
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by davidl
I did and don't see it. Just lobbying for it to be added.
I let my guys run it, if the zoo is legal the bitty should be too.
ShtLuck is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 08:48 AM
  #2091  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think the zoo shouldn't be on there. I run it but don't agree with it. I like the Akura better anyway.
davidl, MC Hamilton and ShtLuck like this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM
  #2092  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,622
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The thing with WGT (and USGT already has this issue) is bodies based on actual GT racecars have been discontinued and the current crop of bodies are massaged and stretched for maximum performance and dont resemble currently raced vehicles or vehicles that have raced in the past. Id love to see a Lamborghini Huracán or Mercedes AMG GT3 or Audi R8 LMS on the track in this class or USGT
davidl and mrreet2001 like this.
trackdesigner71 is offline  
Old 08-04-2021, 04:36 AM
  #2093  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
The thing with WGT (and USGT already has this issue) is bodies based on actual GT racecars have been discontinued and the current crop of bodies are massaged and stretched for maximum performance and dont resemble currently raced vehicles or vehicles that have raced in the past. Id love to see a Lamborghini Huracán or Mercedes AMG GT3 or Audi R8 LMS on the track in this class or USGT
Another reason I like the Akura. It is true to the Acura GT3 race car. McAllister MX Stang works very well also and is really close in looks to the TA race car.
davidl likes this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-05-2021, 12:40 PM
  #2094  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
ShtLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Actually shipping orders
Posts: 3,132
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

so i am curious about tires. i have been struggling with overall grip lately, how long does a set really last? i have had these since last november and i run at least 3 heats a week on them. sxt3.0 and cleaning with ronsonol.
is it tires or is my new chassis the issue.
ShtLuck is offline  
Old 08-05-2021, 07:16 PM
  #2095  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
sduffy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,757
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
so i am curious about tires. i have been struggling with overall grip lately, how long does a set really last? i have had these since last november and i run at least 3 heats a week on them. sxt3.0 and cleaning with ronsonol.
is it tires or is my new chassis the issue.
I was thinking about this myself. I’d like to do a test and swap out a newer set to see if I notice a difference from just a tire change.
sduffy77 is offline  
Old 08-06-2021, 04:08 AM
  #2096  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You will see a difference. Their grip level does drop. My indicator is when the line at the edge of the tread is gone, so to has the best grip. Most sets are only really good for about 15 race days, maybe less with the newer ones. Dumper won't like me saying that. Lol
ShtLuck likes this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-06-2021, 09:33 AM
  #2097  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
ShtLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Actually shipping orders
Posts: 3,132
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
You will see a difference. Their grip level does drop. My indicator is when the line at the edge of the tread is gone, so to has the best grip. Most sets are only really good for about 15 race days, maybe less with the newer ones. Dumper won't like me saying that. Lol
i put on a new set last night, holy shit, it fixed all the crap i was chasing with my new chassis. in fact i hit a ton of stuff cause the car was so different...lol
ShtLuck is offline  
Old 08-06-2021, 11:54 AM
  #2098  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My most recent set were .2 quicker right off the bat. Usually front grip is what goes away.
old_dude is offline  
Old 08-07-2021, 06:47 AM
  #2099  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
ShtLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Actually shipping orders
Posts: 3,132
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
My most recent set were .2 quicker right off the bat. Usually front grip is what goes away.
i was lacking rear grip off the corners big time. the whole car was on top of the track but in the tight stuff getting off the corner was horrible.
ShtLuck is offline  
Old 08-07-2021, 12:22 PM
  #2100  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16
Default servo geometry and ackerman

Hallo everyone,

I'm new to wgt and bought a crc x10 R/T.
i will be driving it on a small asphalt track in the Netherlands.
Is there anyone how can show me how the servo installment and ackerman should look like???
arnold1000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.