World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-04-2022, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhiteLX
Especially considering they sell the 4 wheels alone for something like $10. Any reason one couldn't mount F1 tires to the CRC wheels? That seems like all it is. We don't have a WGT-R class here in SoCal, but I'd like to try out rubber tires. I just can't justify spending that much for a car that won't be raced.
All the CRC rubber tires are the same, just a different rim between F1 and WGTR.
BullFrog and mrreet2001 like this.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old_dude
All the CRC rubber tires are the same, just a different rim between F1 and WGTR.
so the F1 tires are softer also?
Old 01-04-2022, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wasn't my question, but may, in a way answer it.

I want to know if I can mount F1 tires from another manufacturer such as Tamiya, Sweep, or Shimizu onto the CRC wheels. I believe the answer is yes, if its true the CRC F1 tires can be mounted to other manufacturers wheels. I don't think Volante can be mounted on them since they use a larger diameter wheel, or at least appear to.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

As far as i know, the answer is yes, shimizu and a few other tires can be mounted to those rims. Now, I can also tell you that they aren't "legal" by the definition of the rules on this forum. But I also consider these rules to be basically nonsense and only intended for the highest level "national" and "regional" events. Club racers dont want to put up with a million nonsense rules and a ton of tech at a weekly fun race. We had a C main this past week for our GTR class, and we dont follow these rules. Other tracks either dont even run the class or barely fill an a main but they follow the rules. I'd rather have fun and race a ton of like-minded club racers on a weekly basis.

And the retail price on CRC WGTR and F1 tires is $75 US, if you are being charged more, your source is overcharging you. Ive seen them as high as $90.
MikeR, mrreet2001 and typhon92 like this.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

And that is correct. Any tire that fits a Tamiya F1 rim will also fit the CRC WGTR rim so if a club needs a cheaper solution , I would go for it. I and many at our local track venture to majors and other tracks to run this class and F1 in our area. Our region (not just the local track) has adopted the rule set here with some latitude on bodies (no GTP or LMP) and it works for us. CRC tires are a standard though.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

And that is correct. Any tire that fits a Tamiya F1 rim will also fit the CRC WGTR rim so if a club needs a cheaper solution , I would go for it. I and many at our local track venture to majors and other tracks to run this class and F1 in our area. Our region (not just the local track) has adopted the rule set here with some latitude on bodies (no GTP or LMP) and it works for us. CRC tires are a standard though.
What I've started to see at my local track (in the F1 class) is that the CRC tires seem to be the fastest at this point in time. My good friend and pit mate was running the sweeps and had tried both the mediums and the softs. He went to an older set of CRC's and went at least a half second faster. I asked Dumper a while back about why the price had gone up and he informed me that they had to change vendors. Not sure as to the reasons but if I were to guess, it would be a supply issue, along with every vendor on the planet right now. I wish there was a less expensive alternative, especially for CRC as I like Frank and his team and want to give him as much business as I can....
Old 01-05-2022, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
What I've started to see at my local track (in the F1 class) is that the CRC tires seem to be the fastest at this point in time. My good friend and pit mate was running the sweeps and had tried both the mediums and the softs. He went to an older set of CRC's and went at least a half second faster. I asked Dumper a while back about why the price had gone up and he informed me that they had to change vendors. Not sure as to the reasons but if I were to guess, it would be a supply issue, along with every vendor on the planet right now. I wish there was a less expensive alternative, especially for CRC as I like Frank and his team and want to give him as much business as I can....
And if he put on a newer set of CRC's he would be quicker yet. I have run at races where the Gravity pre-mounts were required and the same thing goes. CRC did very well with it's compound choice originally. I like the new one also. They just wear a little faster. The old ones didn't really wear out but slowed over time. I don't know if that will be the same with the newer compound.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

And if he put on a newer set of CRC's he would be quicker yet. I have run at races where the Gravity pre-mounts were required and the same thing goes. CRC did very well with it's compound choice originally. I like the new one also. They just wear a little faster. The old ones didn't really wear out but slowed over time. I don't know if that will be the same with the newer compound.
I haven't noticed any significant time drops with the newer compound, but I will definitely keep an eye on it.....
Old 01-05-2022, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Not really true. The pit shimizu tire (which the CRC is a re badge) was made to fit the Tamiya foam tire rim. There is no bead on the rim. Most other tires (including the Tamiya kit rubber tires) don't fit the rim in the same manner. Tamiya rubber rims have a bead, and most other tires have a bead as well. You probably can get the other tires on a WGTR rim, but glueing them securely might be difficult.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
Not really true. The pit shimizu tire (which the CRC is a re badge) was made to fit the Tamiya foam tire rim. There is no bead on the rim. Most other tires (including the Tamiya kit rubber tires) don't fit the rim in the same manner. Tamiya rubber rims have a bead, and most other tires have a bead as well. You probably can get the other tires on a WGTR rim, but glueing them securely might be difficult.
I was assuming the rubber tire rims. I forgot that the original tires were Tamiya/CRC and you could run either at a lot of races. I wonder how different they are now?
Old 01-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone notice much higher wear with the new silver dot? I have 2 weekends on my set & already showing ring of death.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Same issue for me after 3 days of use.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you noticing more propensity for traction rolling with the new silver dot tires? Just wondering if they are more grippy, are they making traction rolling worse?
Old 01-10-2022, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Are you noticing more propensity for traction rolling with the new silver dot tires? Just wondering if they are more grippy, are they making traction rolling worse?

Yes grip is higher out of the box & slowly goes down until ring of death
Old 01-10-2022, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

i'm driving in France,
i bought my CRC tires in Europe less than a year ago and noticed that tires are ripping off when I didnít have the problem with my old CRC tires
We are several French pilots thinking that there is something that has changed in this area
manufacture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.