Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
@YOdog how do we order these parts ?
Just send a PM and I will respond with the info.

Thanx
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

WOW! the servo saver cams are very popular.
Thanks to those who bought them. At this time they are sold out till I make the next batch. I will make twice as many next week but if you are in a hurry and you don't mind them being natural aluminum color, they will be ready to ship by Tuesday. I don't recall if I mentioned that you will need to grind off about 2.5mm of the threads off of the stock Associated short ball stud to allow for clearance of the top deck. see the picture below for an example.
I am working on a source for a ball stud that I can include with the cam at no additional cost. I would suggest picking up some of the Reflex Racing shorty aluminum ball studs from Cristian. they only need about 0.5mm removed and they are aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130315_083900-comp.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Thanks to those who bought them. At this time they are sold out till I make the next batch. I will make twice as many next week but if you are in a hurry and you don't mind them being natural aluminum color, they will be ready to ship by Tuesday. I don't recall if I mentioned that you will need to grind off about 2.5mm of the threads off of the stock Associated short ball stud to allow for clearance of the top deck. see the picture below for an example.
I am working on a source for a ball stud that I can include with the cam at no additional cost. I would suggest picking up some of the Reflex Racing shorty aluminum ball studs from Cristian. they only need about 0.5mm removed and they are aluminum.
I believe you mentioned to grind off some threads a few posts ago Rick, nothing a dremel can't handle Can't wait to get mine
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just send a PM and I will respond with the info.

Thanx
YoDog, are you going to make some YoDog Stickers for the Reedy? Remind me to hi-five you the next time I see you

Looking forward to the install, tonight!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tomorrow will be the first running of my new TC 6.1 WC. I have it all set up per one of the setups posted by associated for medium traction asphalt. Figured this would be a good starting point.

Are there any crucial setup tips or recommendations that anyone can think of that I may want to implement before taking this thing out?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R Doyel
YoDog, are you going to make some YoDog Stickers for the Reedy? Remind me to hi-five you the next time I see you

Looking forward to the install, tonight!
I'll look into some YoDog Stickers but I just applied for my business license and registered my domain name for R-Factor RC. Yahoooooooo!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Thanks for the quick responce! I'm assuming removing the fibre shim behind the bevel pin won't cause any issues with sealing of the diff?

Dan
Don't worry my diff with 1000 CTS or DOT 2/3 not lose oil. The only precaution is grease the o-ring and diff. outdrive with Asso black grease and replaced, as I explained, the reds orings after 3/4 race. It's all.
The shim to be removed is the bigger in the photo
Enrico

Ps. Tell me if this tip it's ok .
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-immagine.png  

Last edited by 20967; 03-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll look into some YoDog Stickers but I just applied for my business license and registered my domain name for R-Factor RC. Yahoooooooo!
If you need a source for decals I can recomend his work here

http://www.s1racing.net/about-us/
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jha07
What are you trying to achieve? Lower ride height?

Yes.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am running two Factory Team Tc6's, one in VTA and the other in in USGT. Both are on a rail and run awesome.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default So nice driving this car:)

Some of you may know that just under a month ago I drove my friends tc6.1wc at NorCal....n loved it. I purchased everything brand spanking new. Plus the essentials: rsd shock setups, ceramic bearings, and titanium screws all around. Put in my electrics from my previous car. Today was the start of our onroad season with new track and all. Great turnout at NorCal hobbies today, beautiful weather, n the car was soooo easy to drive. Earned TQ, started 1st, n finished 1st Always fun when the car does what you want it to do! Great job team AE

Can't wait to put in the yodog floating servo soon on. Always looking to improve

I read this forum pretty much from front to back, n the knowledge on here is outstanding. Thanks a bunch for helping me be a happy racer
Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waltss2k
I am running two Factory Team Tc6's, one in VTA and the other in in USGT. Both are on a rail and run awesome.
Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
Some of you may know that just under a month ago I drove my friends tc6.1wc at NorCal....n loved it. I purchased everything brand spanking new. Plus the essentials: rsd shock setups, ceramic bearings, and titanium screws all around. Put in my electrics from my previous car. Today was the start of our onroad season with new track and all. Great turnout at NorCal hobbies today, beautiful weather, n the car was soooo easy to drive. Earned TQ, started 1st, n finished 1st Always fun when the car does what you want it to do! Great job team AE

Can't wait to put in the yodog floating servo soon on. Always looking to improve

I read this forum pretty much from front to back, n the knowledge on here is outstanding. Thanks a bunch for helping me be a happy racer

What setup are you guys using? I have been running this car on carpet for the past few months and have been struggling big time on a good set up. I can't seem to keep the back end planted. Not to mention I am going through blades in the front like no tomorrow. I am about ready to give up on this car.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I sent you a PM. I'm not really bothered about color.

Cheers,
Jordan
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
What setup are you guys using? I have been running this car on carpet for the past few months and have been struggling big time on a good set up. I can't seem to keep the back end planted. Not to mention I am going through blades in the front like no tomorrow. I am about ready to give up on this car.
I built the car from scratch using the manuals set up as far offsets on the arms from the chassis blocks, also on the steering crank too. I run on asphalt, so it's going to differ for you. But I used an entire huddy setup system in setting up my car. Ride height is 5mm all around. Camber in front is 2 degrees, 1.5 in the rear. Front tow is 1 degree out. Droop is 6mm in the front, and 5 in the rear. Again I ran rsd shocks setups (much smoother) all in the standard setup positions that are in the manual. Same with the sway bars. Hope this helps ya out. Many of the racers at NorCal rund tc6, X-ray, and other major brands. I'd talk to those who have your car there too. I'm sure it's gonna be different for carpet. Don't give up!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
I built the car from scratch using the manuals set up as far offsets on the arms from the chassis blocks, also on the steering crank too. I run on asphalt, so it's going to differ for you. But I used an entire huddy setup system in setting up my car. Ride height is 5mm all around. Camber in front is 2 degrees, 1.5 in the rear. Front tow is 1 degree out. Droop is 6mm in the front, and 5 in the rear. Again I ran rsd shocks setups (much smoother) all in the standard setup positions that are in the manual. Same with the sway bars. Hope this helps ya out. Many of the racers at NorCal rund tc6, X-ray, and other major brands. I'd talk to those who have your car there too. I'm sure it's gonna be different for carpet. Don't give up!
For ChadB
The most important thing in TC6 is to check the chassis tweak with a good set up tool, how the shock absorbers work in dry as in running order and ceck the rear diff. work.( see my tip above by Keven )
RSD upgrade give a good result in all round work (o-ring, piston, bladders); take a set up by Keven, Rick or Olly Jefferies depending on the track and condition, and now go faster and easy.
Enrico

Last edited by 20967; 03-18-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.