Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -showtime-
Those are dual compound tires. The Cyan is magenta (35) with a thin ring of orange (55) around the outside and the Plaid is purple (40) with an orange ring (55). We used to use these on the front to keep the car from digging in the middle of the corner.
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. So 35/55 is the 35 in the outer part of the rim by the lock nut and the 55 in the inner part by the Hub
Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Im not saying this is the problem your having for sure, but have you tried driving a friends car to see if the same thing happens. The direction of the carpets grain affects how a car tracks. In other words, the grain of the carpet can make your car seem like its tracking to the right on one part of the track, but to the left on another part. It seems cars never track absolutely perfect on carpet, especially rubber tire cars.

I hope this might help!
My friends car seems to do it, but not as bad. Tightening my servo saver helped a tad bit. It is only really noticeable on really long straights. It makes it hard for me to hit the corner at the end with good speed when I'm making corrections that make me miss the line I want.

I think it would be easier for me to make high speed corrections if I upgraded my radio. Exponential steering rates sound like it would be good in situations like these.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenize1
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. So 35/55 is the 35 in the outer part of the rim by the lock nut and the 55 in the inner part by the Hub
The firmer ring of foam is on the outside of the tire, the softer foam is on the inside. The softer ring is probably the inner 80% of the tire, while the firmer outside foam is about 20% of it. Once you get a dual compound tire in your hand, and you feel it, its very noticeable. You would not mistake it for a single compound foam tire.

Steve
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mowell
My friends car seems to do it, but not as bad. Tightening my servo saver helped a tad bit. It is only really noticeable on really long straights. It makes it hard for me to hit the corner at the end with good speed when I'm making corrections that make me miss the line I want.

I think it would be easier for me to make high speed corrections if I upgraded my radio. Exponential steering rates sound like it would be good in situations like these.
What is the servo that you are using? Brand and number info would be helpful. I know you said that you tried other servo's but if they are not powerfull enough then that could be a problem. Hopefully your servo has enough torque for the application.

Steve
Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Make sure you don't have a droop imbalance, or a spring imbalance. Measure your springs to see if there's a length difference you need to compensate for in the adjusters. All pulling problems I've had are from one of those 2 things, or a bent hinge pin.

-Mike
Old 01-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, most of us run -5 to -15% steering expo and dont run full lock to lock on the steering throw. A good starting point would be 10% down from full steering throw. Also, 0 degree front toe will help her track strait.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by S_fender
Hi Christer,

What outer ball are you running ? Short or long Neck ?
And i don't understand the diff's notes ("measure 1.6 g gear diff oil").

Thank you for all the informations.
S. Fender.

I am running short ballstuds.

When you take scale measure Dry diff weight + 1.6g of 20wt oil.

ty
Old 01-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by corallyman
The firmer ring of foam is on the outside of the tire, the softer foam is on the inside. The softer ring is probably the inner 80% of the tire, while the firmer outside foam is about 20% of it. Once you get a dual compound tire in your hand, and you feel it, its very noticeable. You would not mistake it for a single compound foam tire.

Steve
corallyman
Thank you so much I was thinking firm in the inside and soft on the outer side guess I had it all wrong.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
It works for him. If you notice he also uses very little toe-in in the rear.

how does he stop the link from rubbing the wheel ?
I'm running 3 mm of spacers and probably could add a 1/2 mm more but would be VERY close to rubbing the wheel.
Thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jag88
how does he stop the link from rubbing the wheel ?
I'm running 3 mm of spacers and probably could add a 1/2 mm more but would be VERY close to rubbing the wheel.
Thanks.
I agree. I am running 1mm of hex spacers, without them it would rub the wheel.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I raced at a different track today. I noticed no problems with the steering. All is good :-). Now I just need to pick up some more tuning items. Ended up being a tad off pace because of traction roll. I'm going to read up and do some searches on the topic and get some education on the subject. I also will probably take a Keven H. setup and tweak from there.

As far as servos that someone was asking, I am using a Savox mg1251 with 3A,6V coming from my Novak ESC. It seems like more then enough servo for my needs.

I'm going to do my best to get a radio with expo steering too.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this may be kind of an old school thing, but why don't people shoegoo servos in place anymore?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

cause there is no need to do so
Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C.Andersson
I agree. I am running 1mm of hex spacers, without them it would rub the wheel.
ok
Thanks.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
cause there is no need to do so
sure there is and was, the servo doesn't move and you don't risk breaking the ears off of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.