Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
  #706  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

here is the answer to the problem:



kid tt01 was right, I hide it all behind the Lipo and like MENTAL DENTAL said under the top deck (but not attached to it).
I was very happy to be able to place all the weight in the center line, or near it. For that I put the esc and the receiver a bit more to the outside. The "weight tower" near the antenna is not just a straight pile. The upper three weights are set off to the centerline.
wtcc is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 01:29 AM
  #707  
Tech Adept
 
jackdani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 198
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hey guys,

here is the answer to the problem:



kid tt01 was right, I hide it all behind the Lipo and like MENTAL DENTAL said under the top deck (but not attached to it).
I was very happy to be able to place all the weight in the center line, or near it. For that I put the esc and the receiver a bit more to the outside. The "weight tower" near the antenna is not just a straight pile. The upper three weights are set off to the centerline.

this thing is strange...i was considering last night why all the brands continue to make lighter and lighter cars knowing very well wich are the admitted weight thresholds in races!
by doing that they complicete user's life, people have to invent something like this, put wheith, remove it, change position looking for good balance!! meanwhile if AE would have done a chassis 125gr more heavy it would have been however the lightest allowed, BUT for sure way more balanced compared with the job a user can do!
imho!
jackdani is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 AM
  #708  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
xray09ACT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

WTCC
Whats you minimum weight its 1425g here, I run about 25/30 grams on mine 125grams is heaps. Are you sure your weighing it with everything on ie tyres body lipo.
Thats just weird........
xray09ACT is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 02:39 AM
  #709  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,091
Default

Originally Posted by jackdani
this thing is strange...i was considering last night why all the brands continue to make lighter and lighter cars knowing very well wich are the admitted weight thresholds in races!
by doing that they complicete user's life, people have to invent something like this, put wheith, remove it, change position looking for good balance!! meanwhile if AE would have done a chassis 125gr more heavy it would have been however the lightest allowed, BUT for sure way more balanced compared with the job a user can do!
imho!
Simple; in race car design, centre of gravity is king. If the manufacturers add weight by making all of the components a bit heavier, the CoG will be higher than if the car is as light as possible and has some lead nice and low down on the chassis.

Also, there is a variance in radio gear and lipos that can easily account for 100g. Those with cars currently weighing 1350g with no lead wouldn't be very impressed if the car was made 125g heavier; they'd then have to spend a fortune on titanium and alloy bits to get the weight down.

Finally, I'm slightly skeptical that any car is 1225g ready to race with a decent Lipo and brushless setup. I suspect those scales may need calibrating...
daleburr is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 03:21 AM
  #710  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Originally Posted by rc pete
One reason why all companies went to belts in the last few years is the inherent problem with shaft driven touring cars: torque steer. Not as noticable in 1/8 off-road, but touring cars are quite sensitive to it. In fact, AE had engineered an asymetric steering system for the TC3/4 to compensate for that... the steering rate and end points are different left/right. When setup as designed, the car feels the same left/right when on/off throttle in corners. But you can still feel it when you pin it or brake hard in a straight line.
For off-road (using shaft), the CG must be higher than touring.
It should much noticable of torque steer. But in many of the (engine) offroad car, their shaft are not on the centre axle of the car. They are shifted from centre. Is it the main reason for NOT noticable torque steer?
mos-leung is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 AM
  #711  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 914
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

there's less traction in offroad, which makes it less noticeable
Serzoni is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:12 AM
  #712  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by Serzoni
there's less traction in offroad, which makes it less noticeable
And cars are larger and heavier too
Fastfreddy74 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:15 AM
  #713  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,265
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

What does the TC6 come with? Ball Diff/Ball Diff? Diff/Slipper spool?
Chris Furman is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:42 AM
  #714  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
What does the TC6 come with? Ball Diff/Ball Diff? Diff/Slipper spool?
With the parts included in the kit, you can build both. (Ball diff/ball diff or ball diff/slipper spool)
Fastfreddy74 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 AM
  #715  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My scale is OK. I rechecked it several times. AE chassis are just very light (my TC5 was without electronics and tires around 460gr.).

My Lipo is 290gr., esc+motor are around 234gr., my receiver max. 10gr., the CPX tires around 100gr., the body is a HB 09X Lw with 70gr.. So I have relative light components. In my TC5 with titanium screws and Litemodz CVA's I had to integrate 170gr. of weight to reach the 1400gr. minimum weight.

I don't want to start a discussion here, but my opinion is, that the rules could be changed at least to 1300gr. minimum-weight. Or even lighter! After I knew the TC6 was coming soon, I converted my TC5 to a lightweight TC. In the end I reached a RTR-weight of 795gr. The car has the power of a normal 9,5t car and I had an overall driving time of 12 minutes with a 2200mAh 2S2P Lipo.
wtcc is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:52 PM
  #716  
Tech Adept
 
Q_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 111
Default

Hi All,
I am new to onroad (offroad racer) just wonderig what body is shown on the car on the AE site? Also what are the wheels?
I assume the kit doesn't come with either.
Thanks
Wayne.
Q_man is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 02:16 PM
  #717  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,032
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Body is a 09X from HotBodies. I cannot recall the wheels, but I know someone wrote the name somewhere earlier in this thread.

Sorry my mistake... of course it is no HB...

Last edited by wtcc; 11-26-2010 at 01:21 AM.
wtcc is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 03:03 PM
  #718  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
Body is a 09X from HotBodies. I cannot recall the wheels, but I know someone wrote the name somewhere earlier in this thread.

To me looks just like a Protoform Ltc-R.... Wheels and tires are solaris premounts.

Last edited by Fastfreddy74; 11-25-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Fastfreddy74 is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:17 PM
  #719  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,265
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Does the TC6 come with the soft plastic suspension parts or the HARD parts?
Chris Furman is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  #720  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
xray09ACT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by xray09ACT; 11-25-2010 at 06:31 PM.
xray09ACT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.