Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Luke,

I had the same problem with breaking blades and outdrives. I put a gear diff in the front since it has metal outdrives and I haven't had any problems since then. Be sure to use a very stiff diff oil. I'm using Gravity 1m CST in two cars and I'm currently testing the Gravity 2.5m CST in my third car. The bottom line is I'm not breaking blades and outdrives anymore.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks YoDog I appreciate your input.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default tc6 gearing

Does any body have a good starting gear setup for a 10.5? No boost, 12° can timing. Maybe a recommended fdr. Im planning on running 64p.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Can I ask a favor of someone who has a tc6 gear diff handy to measure? I need the exact width of the case from end to end where the bearing rides on the diff housing itself (Not end to end of the outdrives). Want to see if it is wide enough to fit into my TC5.

Thanks
Dave
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To strap down the battery, what's the best alternative to battery tape?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_Bone
Put a few pieces of double sided tape with the backing still applied on the bottom of the battery for padding (1/4 and 3/4 the way along the pack seems to work best) and two pieces of strapping tape looped through the hold-downs should hold the battery just fine, don't strap it in too hard or you can have some dreaded chassis tweak.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Can I ask a favor of someone who has a tc6 gear diff handy to measure? I need the exact width of the case from end to end where the bearing rides on the diff housing itself (Not end to end of the outdrives). Want to see if it is wide enough to fit into my TC5.

Thanks
Dave
I use the gear front and rear in my TC6, and it is 23mm for the inside dimensions:
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-image.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

i use the Reflex RSD battery hold down system. it is pricy at $30, but I have never had a battery pop out under hard impact:

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...em_p_1300.html

Old 04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I put 3mm shims under one side of the battery tape tab to provide some clearance for a 3 Racing (or similar) Velcro strap. Strap is about 3 bucks. The battery is secure and the shims make the strap easy to slide back and forth.
Make sure you put the double sided tape down as suggested above to float the battery. I really feel that it helps
Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Not trying to derail thread, but just want to put this out there. Anyone in or around wilmington, NC that would be interested in organizing PL races?

Going to make a seperate thread for this, but figured why not ask here as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Quick update from a few pages back about my concerns with the motor potentially sliding forward on the mount.

I dropped in a 3.5T motor in my car at the track yesterday and was getting some fairly impressive speed, however, my skills weren't quite where they need to be to handle that much power just yet and I clipped a corner while accelerating full throttle into the back straight sending my car into a "Top Gun Tailspin"... maybe a dozen or so rotations before I realized my car lost throttle response, I just couldn't pull out of it and had no ejection seat! As luck will have it, the mesh was still perfect! Turned out that my sensor board(s) failed... still haven't isolated the problem to the motor or ESC just yet but I suspect a chain reaction occurred where the motor went out first, then my repeated attempts to tinker with the motor caused the ESC to fail next.

Also note that when I pulled my old 5.5T motor out, the Amazing Goop glue popped right out without any special effort, it remained all in one piece and peeled right off without any mess
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbarciko
I use the gear front and rear in my TC6, and it is 23mm for the inside dimensions:
Thanks but I'm looking for the end to end length where the bearing rides on the gear diff itself.. Does the gear diff ride in the entire width as the ID of the diff bearing?

Thanks
Dave
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Thanks but I'm looking for the end to end length where the bearing rides on the gear diff itself.. Does the gear diff ride in the entire width as the ID of the diff bearing?

Thanks
Dave
Here is a drawing generated from a Solidworks model I made for the TC6.1 spool which fits the same as the diff.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc6.1-spool-simple.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default New setup posted

Mike Haynes - Mile High Indoor Champs TC Modified

Mike finished 2nd in TC Modified using a 6.5 motor. This is a great easy to drive setup.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Put a few pieces of double sided tape with the backing still applied on the bottom of the battery for padding (1/4 and 3/4 the way along the pack seems to work best) and two pieces of strapping tape looped through the hold-downs should hold the battery just fine, don't strap it in too hard or you can have some dreaded chassis tweak.
Originally Posted by rbarciko
i use the Reflex RSD battery hold down system. it is pricy at $30, but I have never had a battery pop out under hard impact:

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...em_p_1300.html

Originally Posted by capnkids
I put 3mm shims under one side of the battery tape tab to provide some clearance for a 3 Racing (or similar) Velcro strap. Strap is about 3 bucks. The battery is secure and the shims make the strap easy to slide back and forth.
Make sure you put the double sided tape down as suggested above to float the battery. I really feel that it helps
Thanks!! I used the servo tape under the battery and strapped it down with fiberglass tape.

Next question:
Has anyone had issues with the o-ring in the shocks being squished to tight? Mine do and I had to sand down the o-ring spacer. They were 3.92mm thick and I sand mine down to 3.6mm and it seems to be perfect. No more binding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.