Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 AM
  #7606  
Tech Initiate
 
20967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Novara (Italy)
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Mr, Hebert gave me a quick tip that I had not considered.

Tc6.1 arms.
Grind the area where the spring retainer meets the arms.
Just enough so they dont rub in all arm positions.

I had been struggling with chassis tweak, shock lengths, weight balance etc only to find that the retainers were not allowing the shocks to work freely.

Small pointer = huge relief in frusteration.

Just wish I had done this in Vegas and not at home.....Oh well next year

Just posted 4 Mains from the iic on you tube.

Channel= DaveChen.
Sorry, I dont understand what to do; it is possible to have a photo?
Thks
Enrico
20967 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
  #7607  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Warsaw, Poland, EU
Posts: 33
Default

You have to dremel out a little bit of plastic from the suspension arm where the shock
spring cup touches the arm (it's that black thing that holdes spring at the bottom), btw. good idea!
K.Chmura is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 AM
  #7608  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
whiteflagwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Tc6 worlds car! Woot!

Last edited by whiteflagwar; 10-11-2012 at 03:29 PM.
whiteflagwar is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM
  #7609  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What is the deal with the "Total Toe" specification on the setup sheet?
It seems that the rear end has about .5 of toe built in, is that right?

So if I used the same FWD arm mount as the RWD and no shims then I would have .5 total toe in the rear end?

If I have the same FWD and RWD blocks in the rear then add 1mm shim to each RWD then I would have 1.5 total toe in the rear. Is this 1.5 degrees?

Why is it called total toe? It appears that its a per side total rather than a combined total. Like I would expect 1.5 degrees per side to be 3 degrees total toe.
RussF is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
  #7610  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,165
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If you use the same blocks front and rear, you get 0 degrees, so long as you build your hubs with 0 degree inserts.

With the car, each 0.8mm equals roughly 1 degree of toe. So if your car is 2mm wider in the rear than the front, your car has about 2.5 degrees of rear toe.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
  #7611  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
If you use the same blocks front and rear, you get 0 degrees, so long as you build your hubs with 0 degree inserts.

With the car, each 0.8mm equals roughly 1 degree of toe. So if your car is 2mm wider in the rear than the front, your car has about 2.5 degrees of rear toe.
Oh I see. I didnt actually build the car so I failed to notice those inserts. I knew the fronts had them but never bothered to check the rear.

Most all of the setup sheets I see list the FRW mount shim and the RWD mount shim and I just subtract the rear from the front and get a total. For example if I have 3mm at the RWD and .5mm at the FWD mount then I have net 2.5mm.

If I want to know my total toe in degrees then I can add about 20% to that number making my total toe about 3 degrees.

But it still is a per side figure? Not a total of both sides.
RussF is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
  #7612  
gom
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 194
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
You don't need the complete CVA assembly, just the axle #31369 is enough. You do need the hub carriers, steering blocks, bearings, c-hubs, etc. The new style anti-roll bars are optional. 6x10 bearings won't work with the new CVAs.
Thanks for the info. It's good to know that just the axle is enough for the CVAs update, since they are the most expensive parts.

Responding to WTCC, I am racing with my TC6 at the moment. The only reason I am trying to update the suspension is for potentially more corner speed. I was informed that the TC6.1 has more steering so I assume that's from the new steering blocks and the new suspension geometry.

However, you don't seem to find the TC6.1 faster than your TC6. Now I might reconsider the update.
gom is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
  #7613  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Cristian,

I have the RSD bladders, pistons, and spring set for the TC6.1 shocks. What oil and spring combo would be a good starting point for medium traction bumpy carpet? What rebound would be best?

Also should I drill the shock caps with a 1mm hole or not?
RussF is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 PM
  #7614  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 366
Default

Which wheels/tires do you guys run in an outdoor 17.5 class?
rossb is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM
  #7615  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Im excited, I just ordered my worlds chasis and should have it on Monday

But i have just recently moved from blinky (21.5) to mod (4.5) so im still learning and will probably leave the old chassis in until i have it more under control, and i am a little more on the pace. Give me another couple of months.

Beth.
evochick is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM
  #7616  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,469
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rossb
Which wheels/tires do you guys run in an outdoor 17.5 class?
I like Sorex. Cost a bit more but very grippy and durable. Depending on grip and heat. 32r or 36r

Other brands to try, Sweep, Solaris.
trigger is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
  #7617  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
Oh I see. I didnt actually build the car so I failed to notice those inserts. I knew the fronts had them but never bothered to check the rear.

Most all of the setup sheets I see list the FRW mount shim and the RWD mount shim and I just subtract the rear from the front and get a total. For example if I have 3mm at the RWD and .5mm at the FWD mount then I have net 2.5mm.

If I want to know my total toe in degrees then I can add about 20% to that number making my total toe about 3 degrees.

But it still is a per side figure? Not a total of both sides.
"Total toe" refers to hubs plus arm sweep. Not Left plus right.
mtbboy is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 AM
  #7618  
Tech Initiate
 
20967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Novara (Italy)
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by K.Chmura
You have to dremel out a little bit of plastic from the suspension arm where the shock
spring cup touches the arm (it's that black thing that holdes spring at the bottom), btw. good idea!
Thks for the tip.
Enry
20967 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 AM
  #7619  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,165
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
Cristian,

I have the RSD bladders, pistons, and spring set for the TC6.1 shocks. What oil and spring combo would be a good starting point for medium traction bumpy carpet? What rebound would be best?

Also should I drill the shock caps with a 1mm hole or not?
Russ, checkout the Mike's Hobbyshop set-up from the website. That has been my favorite. Yes, it is for the RSD6, but it should transfer over nicely. Mike's is medium grip and bumpy.

In the shocks, I have been running 3x1.1 pistons lately, but you can use the 1,1,1.5's and just run 50-100 cst higher.

I always run drilled shock caps with zero rebound.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  #7620  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,031
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evochick
Im excited, I just ordered my worlds chasis and should have it on Monday

But i have just recently moved from blinky (21.5) to mod (4.5) so im still learning and will probably leave the old chassis in until i have it more under control, and i am a little more on the pace. Give me another couple of months.

Beth.
Cool! I got my stuff today. Man, the new chassis is more narrow than the Serpent one!
I upgrade my TC6.1 to the Worlds edition. It is a lot of expensive stuff...



(I don't think it is really worth it, because speed will be nearly the same, but bling bling and a little easier for rollcenter...)
wtcc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.