Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
  #9076  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default

A being the lower hole and B the top. For more forward traction, going straight would 0 arm mounts or #3 arm mounts be better. Id like to get one of those servo mounts from you YoDog
JBorchid is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM
  #9077  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default

or is roll center strickly for cornering?
JBorchid is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
  #9078  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JBorchid
A being the lower hole and B the top. For more forward traction, going straight would 0 arm mounts or #3 arm mounts be better. Id like to get one of those servo mounts from you YoDog
Shoot me a pm for the mount and I'll hook you up.
Since you are dealing with a road car that was designed for cornering, straight line performance is not its original intent. Not to say that it doesn't go straight well, it's just not designed exclusively for it like a drag car.
Roll center adjustability is more relative to turning from side to side but is still somewhat important for straight runs as well. It would be best to stick with the stock setup which has a fairly low roll center (more grip) and possibly go with reduced toe in for the rear (1* or 2*) should be good and no toe out in the front.
Use the 2 or 3 dot arm mounts in the bottom holes for starters. This will allow the chassis to be more compliant from side to side, giving you decent grip.

I take it that you just want to do speed runs for starters?
I can assure you that it will get old quickly then you will yearn for the road course. Lol

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Use more caster in the front end as this should reduce initial turning response. I think AE only makes 4 and 6 degree C hubs.
YoDog is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  #9079  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 6,208
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

First day of racing my TC6 was insanely fun in the mod class! I totally sucked and qualed in dead last but I still had a great time. My 5.5T motor was geared far too low as the motor came off the track at 120 following each round of racing. I think my car was going about 20mph slower than most other cars on the back straight, I will try to gear up next time and see if I can get my temps closer to 150.... good news is that the Goop glue held up just fine so far:



Special thanks to Tommy for giving me a long ball stud to fix my steering link to my servo horn!
billdelong is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 AM
  #9080  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

That sounds dirty.

You're welcome, Bill.
Tommy R is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
  #9081  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone give me a ball park gearing for a 6.5T motor on a 100'x50' track?
jha07 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 AM
  #9082  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Rockin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lockhart, tx
Posts: 226
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Boost?
Rockin G is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:56 PM
  #9083  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'll start with no boost.
jha07 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #9084  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jha07
I'll start with no boost.
FDR of 7 with a little room for turbo on the straight
zzztech is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 AM
  #9085  
Tech Regular
 
Bibie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 363
Default

I need a setup for my tc6 to run VTA on Asphalt ....

Last edited by Bibie; 04-10-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Bibie is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
  #9086  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 15
Default

I just posted one for you over on the USVTA forum where you posted this question...
bronicabill is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM
  #9087  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,049
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I run my 6.1 with the setup out of the box.
BullFrog is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM
  #9088  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog
Shoot me a pm for the mount and I'll hook you up.
Since you are dealing with a road car that was designed for cornering, straight line performance is not its original intent. Not to say that it doesn't go straight well, it's just not designed exclusively for it like a drag car.
Roll center adjustability is more relative to turning from side to side but is still somewhat important for straight runs as well. It would be best to stick with the stock setup which has a fairly low roll center (more grip) and possibly go with reduced toe in for the rear (1* or 2*) should be good and no toe out in the front.
Use the 2 or 3 dot arm mounts in the bottom holes for starters. This will allow the chassis to be more compliant from side to side, giving you decent grip.

I take it that you just want to do speed runs for starters?
I can assure you that it will get old quickly then you will yearn for the road course. Lol

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Use more caster in the front end as this should reduce initial turning response. I think AE only makes 4 and 6 degree C hubs.
Im already yearning for the road course. The closest track to me is Homestead. As you can tell im a newbie and really want to learn more about setting up the car properly. Also the worlds kit manual doesnt have the vertical ballstud bearing caps so my question is are the camber turnbuckles supposed to be the same length as the 6.1 car with ballstuds on the shock tower? Thanks again Yo Dog
JBorchid is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
  #9089  
Regional Moderator
 
nitrous36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,356
Default

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I run my 6.1 with the setup out of the box.
Really? How well does that work for you. My car was tail happy out of the box, others mentioned that as well. I know there are many variables that could play a part there. Like tires and track conditions etc. Was just wondering.
nitrous36 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM
  #9090  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,049
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The car works fine.I plan on racing the same set-up at our state race and the national.
BullFrog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.