Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by protc3
hey PW,did the package get there?please say yes
Sup Jason! Yes, it came in late Friday I didn't have time to throw it on, but I will build a second car with that chassis and give it a go next week
Old 05-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

cool deal bro.im just glad it didnt get lost
thats some crazy stuff huh.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

hmm i would like to know ! lol
Old 05-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by cornerspeed
I still have my '99 SST Pro from NORRCA Nats that year. Its in a bag still ready to race. I loved that car.
Ran your set up at Ripon today and it was dialed. It's been over a year since I ran at that track but man was it fun. Have you made any small changes to it or are you still running it the way it's printed up on the set up sheet Jon has?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome run Clint!!! I heard the Mi2s were flyin at Ripon

Just looked at the lap times and Mo was freakin fast!!!! Now if we can just teach him the candy strips are bad, he will be alright Good run Mo!!!!

Last edited by P-DUB; 05-15-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys.

I was going to sell my MI2 but after a month of no offers I have decited to keep it. I ended up picking up a pile of parts lastnight on ebay so I would like to get this car up to par.

What I need is to know is my shocks have always leaked. I have got part numbers from you guys before but am not sure what exactly I need.

This was one of the parts I got but I am not sure what the purple part is? all I want are the seals to replace to these shocks will stop leaking!!

Old 05-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by P-DUB
Awesome run Clint!!! I heard the Mi2s were flyin at Ripon

Just looked at the lap times and Mo was freakin fast!!!! Now if we can just teach him the candy strips are bad, he will be alright Good run Mo!!!!
I had too much steering in the main once I switched to the take off 22's. If I had my dual rate down a hair bit more I could have been even faster. Thanks for the congrats. I'll give you a call in the morning to place a small order of RW stuff.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Clint-wasssup my brother? it's schuie now huh? cool. hey have you heard about the carpet track going in at Kingsburgh? you'll have to come down sometime.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wicked
[B]Hey guys.

What I need is to know is my shocks have always leaked. I have got part numbers from you guys before but am not sure what exactly I need.

This was one of the parts I got but I am not sure what the purple part is? all I want are the seals to replace to these shocks will stop leaking!!

That is the alum. shock seal. This should help with your shock leakage problem. The plastic one distorts once tightened.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OOO crap mann thanks.

I couldn't figure out what that was in the pics but now I know.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by losi jon
Clint-wasssup my brother? it's schuie now huh? cool. hey have you heard about the carpet track going in at Kingsburgh? you'll have to come down sometime.
Long time no talk. How have you been? We'll make it up there one of these days to run the new carpet track. I just don't care for foam tire's though.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
Ran your set up at Ripon today and it was dialed. It's been over a year since I ran at that track but man was it fun. Have you made any small changes to it or are you still running it the way it's printed up on the set up sheet Jon has?
Glad you liked it. No major changes yet. We fine tune it for conditions but we usually start out with that exact setup. We use anti squat, front roll center, upper shock location, Sway bars, and adjust the height of the rear hub carrier ball stud mainly for tuning. I started playing with some bump steer this weekend and I'm still feeling it out to see how I like it.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default belts

helo all, this is my firs poast on this place so hear goes
i was just wondering what is the difference bettwen the shui mod belt, and the shui R12 belt that i see quit a few ppl run because i need a new 1 now so just wondering what to go 4?? thanks bob
Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Glad you liked it. No major changes yet. We fine tune it for conditions but we usually start out with that exact setup. We use anti squat, front roll center, upper shock location, Sway bars, and adjust the height of the rear hub carrier ball stud mainly for tuning. I started playing with some bump steer this weekend and I'm still feeling it out to see how I like it.
I played with bump steer this weekend and it made the car to twitchy over all. The one thing I was thinking of doing was dropping to the middle hole on the front shock tower to take away a little turn in. With the car turning in hard and the improved mid corner steering the car was a handfull. With all of us at the race pretty much running the same thing we'll have something superdialed by the time qualifying starts.
Also I ran Donny's set up at hisperia last year and I couldn't recall if the front shocks were all the way out in the front. I thought that they were in the middle. Oh well......that set up was fast and got me a 2nd place finish at that event.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: belts

Originally posted by bob33
helo all, this is my firs poast on this place so hear goes
i was just wondering what is the difference bettwen the shui mod belt, and the shui R12 belt that i see quit a few ppl run because i need a new 1 now so just wondering what to go 4?? thanks bob
The R12 belt is black (#U2601), and made out of a slightly stiffer material so it's more likely to be cut straight than the stock white belt and it should last longer. With the R12 belt I've found since its cut straighter you don't need as many belt guides.On my car right now I don't have the center belt guide on the rear diff and no guides on the front diff with the R12 belt. There arn't any downsides to running the R12 belt, and its stiffer material is more flexible than lots of other companies belts.

-WR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.