Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
  #901  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bonnyville,AB
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I need some Tamiya help.
Im not a racer and Im not looking for a high end race car.
There are no tracks that I can run on within 3 hrs of my place
But i do want a good car that I can run on ashphalt.
Can someone tell me if this will be a good car

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...S2&P=**Missing Data**
2XRevo is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 12:37 AM
  #902  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by 2XRevo
I need some Tamiya help.
Im not a racer and Im not looking for a high end race car.
There are no tracks that I can run on within 3 hrs of my place
But i do want a good car that I can run on ashphalt.
Can someone tell me if this will be a good car

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...S2&P=**Missing Data**
Its a good car but a lot of your fun will depend on what motor you put in it.... the standard can that comes with it , will probably not excite you that much on an open parking lot.

Is it just for you , or you plan to race with mates ?
gimpex is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  #903  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bonnyville,AB
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

just for me to play around with....I wont go with the most expensive Motor/Esc money can buy, but I will be putting in a very respectable combo that will make it go with impressive results
2XRevo is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM
  #904  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by 2XRevo
just for me to play around with....I wont go with the most expensive Motor/Esc money can buy, but I will be putting in a very respectable combo that will make it go with impressive results
I am sure there are other cars , but your proposal is a good solid car. I only have Tamiya so cannot talk about others. My TA05 IFS has been very good to me in club racing (my 8 year old is also starting to race with a TA05 )

For good "bang for the buck" motor /esc look at Hobbywing / EZrun combos - you can pick up a good ESC and motor for around USD100.
gimpex is offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:34 AM
  #905  
bl4
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi is the Ligthweight Wheel Axle for Reversible Sus(#53939) be use on the Ver.ll?
bl4 is offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
  #906  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bl4
Hi is the Ligthweight Wheel Axle for Reversible Sus(#53939) be use on the Ver.ll?
no. you cannot use that. that is the axle for the 5x9 bearings. the Ver.II uses the "newer" 416 style suspension that has 5x10 bearings.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
  #907  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 80
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So alum motor mount, alum bulkeads, and alum swing arms good upgrades for it?

trf shox?
tpsolid is offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
  #908  
Tech Initiate
 
kidrobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 34
Default

hello i was wondering i have my old ta05 that i bought 3-4yrs ago and i was wonder if i wanted to upgrade my ta05 to ver. II what parts do i need to upgrade my car..

thanks
kidrobot is offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
  #909  
bl4
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
no. you cannot use that. that is the axle for the 5x9 bearings. the Ver.II uses the "newer" 416 style suspension that has 5x10 bearings.
Thks for the info.
bl4 is offline  
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
  #910  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
peekarwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

You really should just read this thread a bit more thoroughly. It's been discussed to bits. Answers are here already.
Originally Posted by kidrobot
hello i was wondering i have my old ta05 that i bought 3-4yrs ago and i was wonder if i wanted to upgrade my ta05 to ver. II what parts do i need to upgrade my car..

thanks
peekarwe is offline  
Old 05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
  #911  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
peekarwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

You assembled the diff wrongly. The screw with the thrust bearing and the other side with the lock nut and plastic hex shaped lock nut holder with spring must switch places. Look at the diff assembly very carefully. After you put the diff plates balls and outdrive together with the pulley, you're supposed to FLIP the whole thing. I think you missed that flipping. Look at the arrow very carefully.

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Hey guys I could use some help. I'm assembling my TA05Ver2 and I'm trying to install the rear dogbones. I've got a problem with the left ( drivers) side. The diff is too shallow and the bone won't fit deep enough in to it. I've double checked the assemble of the diff, it's installed in the car with the nut side facing the left. The turnbuckles are the correct lenght, the ball studs are in the correct holes on bulkhead and the axle holder. The right side seems too deep and the bone falls out. Any suggestions? Thanks
peekarwe is offline  
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
  #912  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,457
Default

YGPM



Originally Posted by peekarwe
You assembled the diff wrongly. The screw with the thrust bearing and the other side with the lock nut and plastic hex shaped lock nut holder with spring must switch places. Look at the diff assembly very carefully. After you put the diff plates balls and outdrive together with the pulley, you're supposed to FLIP the whole thing. I think you missed that flipping. Look at the arrow very carefully.
outlandr91 is offline  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
  #913  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
mc4798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Is this a good car for vta or 17.5 touring class on asphalt ?

Im sure it is a stupid question. But I have been eyeballing this car for sometime and was just curious.

Is the car newbie friendly. Never had a kit before and just dying to try a Tamiya car.
mc4798 is offline  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:58 PM
  #914  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,300
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is looking, I have a New Cusco Subaru kit (partially built, can be finished) for $170 shipped in the US. PM me if interested.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:37 PM
  #915  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,202
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Gear pinion for TCS

Hi guys,

Please give me your suggestions for the best (fast and stable) gear/pinion for the V2.

I will be running it with a silver can to race on the coming GT3 class at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo. My second race ever with a sedan 4wd

- My chassis is completely stock I tried to use the Tamiya set up that recommends 64 pitch 105/49 for a 17.5T motor

Will this be also the best choice for a Silver Can?

I appreciate your feedback

Cheers!
Marcos
HeliYogi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.