Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platypus_s13
it depends which ta05 you have. if you have the newer reversible suspension setup (short reversible arms, 46mm swing shafts, c-hubs, knuckles, etc) then those can be reused. bulkheads too especially if you have the blue blingy ones. if you have the blue crack bling motor guard or graphite battery holder, those 2 can move over. other than that, not much. oh also front spool or one way, but you will have to switch the pulley over to the 37 tooth one.
Okay the rear swing shafts say 48 on them so I'm assuming they're not the ones you're talking about.

Will any of these port over?
1. Rear Graphite shock tower
2. Alu Steering Rack
3. Belts
4. Center spool
5. Sway bar sets
6. Alu Toe bar? (the piece near the bulkheads that set toe for the suspension arms not sure what it's called.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soulstice
Okay the rear swing shafts say 48 on them so I'm assuming they're not the ones you're talking about.
yeah you have the long arm set which is useful if you want to use that configuration. most now use the short arm setup and use the long as a tuning option if they feel like it would help.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Hello, racers.

We have indoor RC Racing track & shop in Chino, CA.

Spare and Hopup parts for TA05 are available from Tamiya and 3racing at TQ RC RACING.

Click here to check out the items.

You can buy online or at the track.

For more information, please visit www.tqrcracing.com

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Tamiya TA05 aluminum suspension arm mounts are compatible with the V2.

Also are there any other 64p options for the center spur aside from the 105t from tamiya that fit? Either tamiya or from another manufacturer? What pinions are you using in combination?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2007 Raybrig NSX

2007 Raybrig NSX

And here's a video from a fun run earlier today:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks goes to Mark for filming
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-raybrig-nsx1.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-raybrig-nsx2.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-raybrig-nsx3.jpg  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soulstice
Does anyone know if the Tamiya TA05 aluminum suspension arm mounts are compatible with the V2.

Also are there any other 64p options for the center spur aside from the 105t from tamiya that fit? Either tamiya or from another manufacturer? What pinions are you using in combination?
Yes, to a degree, you have to use the separated mounts for the inner mounts, but you can use the "standard" ones for the outside mounts. Also, ANY Kimborough spurs(except for the ones they make for offroad cars that are keyed to use slipper pads) will fit just fine(they're what I always use on my touring cars, works on both my v2 & my 416)...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well finally got my kit in after super long shipping from HK, anyway assembly is going great. not nearly as tough as i thought it was going to be. just alot of attention to detail. anyway. anyone else have trouble with the turnbuckles? they are the biggest pain to assemble. i swear my fingers are damn near raw from trying to squeeze and turn the plastic pieces on the rod. and the little turnbuckle wrench they include isn't much help. Is there anyway i can just buy some already put together? what about all of those fancy blue ones everyone has, are they any easier to put together? any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gho5tRevo
...trouble with the turnbuckles?.... any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Finished my TA05V2 yesterday and painting HSV010 tomorrow....

You could grasp the plastic eyelet with a pair of pliers (I used helicopter ball-link pliers with the hole in the jaws) and the turnbuckle with a vice-grip, then turn the vice-grip around in the correct direction. Works great, but might mar the finish of an aluminum turnbuckle....

HTH,
-Drew
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

well finally got my kit in after super long shipping from HK, anyway assembly is going great. not nearly as tough as i thought it was going to be. just alot of attention to detail. anyway. anyone else have trouble with the turnbuckles? they are the biggest pain to assemble. i swear my fingers are damn near raw from trying to squeeze and turn the plastic pieces on the rod. and the little turnbuckle wrench they include isn't much help. Is there anyway i can just buy some already put together? what about all of those fancy blue ones everyone has, are they any easier to put together? any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
I use a tamiya turnbuckle wrench(I had since 2005) and I use pliers on the ends. it does scratch the ends when it slips, and it always slips for e.

They're still a HUGE pain to assemble I think..
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool RE: Tamiya Turnbuckles

Yes, the Tamiya aluminum wrenches are much wider and make it much easier. You could pre-thread on side of the ball cup and after that one is attached then struggle thru the Left handed side. You can also put on the long ball end and throw a coulple of spacers or even the steering posts on the ball end and pop it on the connector and use that to add some leverage to hang on to the connector while your turning the turnbuckle with the wider wrench. Another tip might be a drop of oil in the connector might reduce the amount of friction lower the resistance when forming the thread!
The only real pain is on the servo saver turnbuckle. Getting the right length to get mechanical center then cock the servo saver just enough to get even travel without running one side into the side of the tub chassis.
There is just enough uneven travel from left to right to be a non issue but enough to say why did they design it that way? The best part in enjoying RC cars is building a brand new chassis for the first time and the satisfaction of getting it right, the first time. YOU HOPE!
Been building Tamiya cars for over 10 years and still get a thrill building a new car each time!
Just my 2$
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Here is what I use for most turnbuckle ends on my 1/10 scale cars. The ball end slides into the wrench, and I can then thread the rod into it and turn it with either the supplied wrench or other turnbuckle wrench or even pliers if that is all you have. Much easier.

HPI Cross Wrench <---Click Me!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default front suspension durability improvement.

I got a 417 recently and have been racing it regularly. I also have a TA-05 v2 which was my primary car until the 417. I have learned a lot about making the front end more crash resistant on the 417 and most of it transfers to the TA-05 v2 as they use the same parts outboard of the chassis. Here is a list of what some 417 owners are doing to make their cars more durable:

- Replace the stock Tamiya foam bumper for a Parma PSE XRAY T2 Ultimate Bumper [PAR8053].

- Dremel the wheel axles to be flush with the wheel nut. This keeps the axle from snagging on the boards when you tap them.

- Replace the Tamiya hub carriers and front uprights with Xray parts. You will need the following Xray Parts:
1. Steering knuckle (302253)
2. C Hub (302363 and 302364)
3. Steering bushing (302291)
4. Hinge Pin (307221)

The Xray uses a thicker outer hinge pin so you will have to drill out your front A arms to accept the larger pin. You will also need to shave down the sides of the C hub just a bit to get a good fit.

These aren't my ideas. I just took them from the 417 thread. However, I have seen them work and they are all great, yet relatively inexpensive, ways to make your front end stronger.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Is anyone using 48p Spur gear??
If so, what size are you using??

I'm on spring break so I can finally finish up everything for it. I just took my tamiya spur out and a going to a hobby store which is a ways away..want to call them ahead of time so I don't waste a lot of gas for nothing.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

i got a hitec 645mg laying around, is this too much servo for a ta05v.2? or could i run it no problem??
Old 03-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

or would a spektrum S200 be better for the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.