Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
how good is it and how long did u wait for ur order
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
how good is it and how long did u wait for ur order
Mr Crum, I bought it more than 1 year ago, at rcmodel.com.

As I live in Brazil takes at least 10 days on the fastest shipping method, I generally use the normal which takes a little bit more, about 15 to 20 days.

The fact is the part is good and very light but still very strong, I am not a good driver so my car suffer a lot on my hands and the part still working good.

The problem is that at rcmodel.com you can see it but is always out of stock.

I have also seem there the Top Racing spool but I am not sure if they still have it.

Also a good one would be the Jaad Racing, it was the first one I have used but I broke one of the plastic cups and could no find anymore and if you look at their site it is not there anymore too, probably they have stopped doing it.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Mr Crum, I bought it more than 1 year ago, at rcmodel.com.

As I live in Brazil takes at least 10 days on the fastest shipping method, I generally use the normal which takes a little bit more, about 15 to 20 days.

The fact is the part is good and very light but still very strong, I am not a good driver so my car suffer a lot on my hands and the part still working good.

The problem is that at rcmodel.com you can see it but is always out of stock.

I have also seem there the Top Racing spool but I am not sure if they still have it.

Also a good one would be the Jaad Racing, it was the first one I have used but I broke one of the plastic cups and could no find anymore and if you look at their site it is not there anymore too, probably they have stopped doing it.
i live in the states and 2 of my friends ordered from tir and it took several months to get there stuff and one order was completely wrong
Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
The belts should have a maximum of 4mm deflection (from relaxed position to pushing on them with firm tension). Anything more than this will actually cost you top speed and run time.
4mm is not very much. I'm going to tighten mine up that much and see how the car performs disregarding the "freeness" of the drive train.

--pakk
Old 07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
i live in the states and 2 of my friends ordered from tir and it took several months to get there stuff and one order was completely wrong
Good to know that, I was planning to order some stuff from them.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
4mm is not very much. I'm going to tighten mine up that much and see how the car performs disregarding the "freeness" of the drive train.

--pakk
Thats just a generalization. Tighten up the belts till high speed revs drops when free revving (careful about letting it rev too much, and do have the tires installed) Then back off one notch. Cyrul is right, when the belts bounce around too much you lose rpm/torque. You will notice the belt bounce more around certain revs as well due to belt resonance.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was looking at the differences between Josh H and Juho's world setup. Josh uses 2b/2b in the front whereas Juho uses 3b/3b. I'm still new to RC so still learning. I assume the difference is that 3b/3b gives the front a higher RC compared to 2b/2b. That means the car will feel more responsive and decreases the chance of a traction roll? I'm just trying to understand when 3b/3b is better suited to using 2b/2b.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Good to know that, I was planning to order some stuff from them.
Tir are shit, the titanium screws are soft, the spools break easy as do the driveshafts! Also parts support is awful!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Tir are shit, the titanium screws are soft, the spools break easy as do the driveshafts! Also parts support is awful!
Well looking at the big picture the TC5 does not have too much aftermarket parts option, I think now just Exotek, am I write?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default spinning

ok i have a problem, when i am in a hairpin turn either direction and off throttle the car seems to push and take a wide turn. on throttle it pulls itself tight thriugh the turn but it tries to spin the rear out and around. i am running a diff in the front that is tight but not locked it is smooth in opperation. can anyone give me some sugjestions?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raven101
ok i have a problem, when i am in a hairpin turn either direction and off throttle the car seems to push and take a wide turn. on throttle it pulls itself tight thriugh the turn but it tries to spin the rear out and around. i am running a diff in the front that is tight but not locked it is smooth in opperation. can anyone give me some sugjestions?
spool and less droop
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
hey man i know t.i.r sucks but plz dont cuss on here there are kids on this site ty
Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Well looking at the big picture the TC5 does not have too much aftermarket parts option, I think now just Exotek, am I write?
There is a gentlman in England right now that is making some sweet looking bulkheads. My wife called me a little while ago and said a package had arrived, so I'm pretty sure thats it. I can't wait to get, but of course this is my late night to work. Anyway, I'm hoping to get started putting my Exotek Euro addition TC5 together soon. I'll post pics as I assemble also.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TIR products

In the interests of fairness I'd like to state that we have run TIR spool and driveshafts on a Yokomo BD for the last few years with NO breakages or failures.
This was on outdoor tracks with one of the UKs top 10.5 drivers.

Having now moved to TC5 I ordered driveshafts on 15 Jul, I just got the email saying they are shipped. I will post again if they don't turn up in a reasonable time.

I know TIR have had some bad press in the past but in my opinion they have always delivered high quality products.

And, no, we are not sponsored by TIR or have any connection with the company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.