Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I have been struggeling to get my tc5 to handle well I had it for a race then it went away could anyone tell me where or what pages to look on to find some good asphalt setups. The track I have been running on it old seal coat wairing off and orange soda for traction. I have tried Rick Hohwart's and don't relly like it.
Take a look at the 2007 Reedy race setups on the AE site. Those setups are kindof like "going back to basics" and seem to always work good on med/low grip asphalt tracks.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

What is the difference of adding toe in with the hubs or the shims on the rear of the car?

I tried to find over the thread but the search did not find anything.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fabricio
What is the difference of adding toe in with the hubs or the shims on the rear of the car?

look back a few pages 3-5 maybe...someone asked that question and did some testing... I recall him stating he hasn't found any noticable handling difference but one method gives you straighter/more inline CVDs which in theory would have less resistance... One may also give you c-hair shorter wheelbase also if I recall correctly...
Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
look back a few pages 3-5 maybe...someone asked that question and did some testing... I recall him stating he hasn't found any noticable handling difference but one method gives you straighter/more inline CVDs which in theory would have less resistance... One may also give you c-hair shorter wheelbase also if I recall correctly...
Thanks a lot will try to find it!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fabricio

If you are asking about 'inboard' and 'outboard' toe...

using some toe in the rear hub will free the car up but can make the car more difficult to drive. I only use rear hub toe if my car is too stuck and I need to get it to rotate better.

I usually run 2.5 to 3 deg. of all inboard toe. When I run .5 or 1 deg. rear hubs, I go to a little more total rear toe. Usually close to 3.5 deg.

I hope the way I explained this is understandable...
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maybell

using some toe in the rear hub will free the car up but can make the car more difficult to drive. I only use rear hub toe if my car is too stuck and I need to get it to rotate better.

I usually run 2.5 to 3 deg. of all inboard toe. When I run .5 or 1 deg. rear hubs, I go to a little more total rear toe. Usually close to 3.5 deg.

I understand, thanks. Your experience with the rear toe on foam or rubbaz? My 17.5/foam tc5 is definitely NOT stuck in the rear, way too loose and I got about 3* (2.75 I think) total but with 1.5 hubs.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maybell

Really nice explanation.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I understand, thanks. Your experience with the rear toe on foam or rubbaz? My 17.5/foam tc5 is definitely NOT stuck in the rear, way too loose and I got about 3* (2.75 I think) total but with 1.5 hubs.
I usually run 0 deg. rear hubs for rubber tires. When I run foams I run 1-1.5 rear hubs.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How about a site or store that I can find an offset battery tray at and pos. some other special parts.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Maybe eventually. Once demand is met on the lipo chassis.

Ok guys- in stock and ready to ship!!

TC5X LIPO CHASSIS
Good grief Mike, the parts were waiting for me when I got home this afternoon. I ordered them Friday, and Saturday was a holiday. You guys have a magic lamp or crystal ball at Exotek or what? Quick, give me tomorrow nights winning Mega Million numbers. Super fast shipping from these guys, and from what I can tell the machining looks great. Not gonna open anything until I get the new bulkheads from England. Can't wait.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Where can I get those bulk heads?

--pakk
Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
what do you think about the arm mounts it says to use the #3 mounts all around I had the #2 mounts and it seemed to have more room to play with the suspension. A car I just bought has the #2's on front and #3 on the rear but that was run on carpet.
Hm, for me arm mounts #3 in upper hole gives higher RC, and it is good
for track that I drive (slippy with low traction). Car lean more in corners.

I try drive with #2 but that was bad idea

Setup from carpet can or can't be good for asphalt ....

Hope this helps :-)

m.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Exotek TCX

MikeR

Hey thanks for the really nice TCX kit it was a very noticeable difference. and I didn't even use any lead weights with lipo battery.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
Where can I get those bulk heads?

--pakk
Pakk, pm me your e-mail addy and I'll send you his. The guy name is Greig, and he should be in contact with you in about a day (time difference).
Old 07-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hm, for me arm mounts #3 in upper hole gives higher RC, and it is good
for track that I drive (slippy with low traction). Car lean more in corners.

I try drive with #2 but that was bad idea

Setup from carpet can or can't be good for asphalt ....

Hope this helps :-)

m.
I had the #2's on it before and used the A hole it worked good for a couple of races but it had alot of body roll and I had to run my springs supper tight, evryone was giving me crap because I cant drive a loose car spring wise. So far I haven't had any luck with the soft springs. This is my first touring car and I was an offroad guy before so I have alot to learn. Thanks for the info I will keep looking and pecking away at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.