Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

DaveW I was thinking about the slop as I posted back to you. Well I went back out to my cave and changed out the ball stud and ball end and put in a new captured ball link and now almost all slop is now gone. I have just enough slop so I think this weekend of racing will be alot better. If I lived closer to the track I would test everything out before Saturday but now I will have to wait til then. I should of just done this when I first got the car and more than likely I wouldn't of had this problem.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would like to switch over to 64 pitch gear, is there any thing i need to change or is it a matter of just changing spur gears.. thanks for the help.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

So after two days of racing with the exotek chassis and upper deck,

I went up front and rear in spring tension
I was able to take out 2 degrees or rear toe
I took out 1 degree of rear camber

With out changing a thing, my car felt like it was on rails. It was nice, but a little tough to get use to. The back of the car would not come out under normal driving. The only way I was able to get the back to come out would be to rock the car back and forth then quickly turn.

I now have a very predictable over turning car. If I wheel it right, the rear stays planted. But when I want to, I can break it loose with a quick tug of the wheel. My tc5 was like this before, but it was not as predictable. So instead I always made my rear very planted.

I like that swapped belt. I don't have those bulkheads yet, but I'm going to see if I can get that to work for me.

--pakk
Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

WYD, be sure to check the bearing that sits in the steering post, thats where most of the play in the steering in my car is, and im pretty sure it was giving me a few issues this weekend. I believe the solution for this is the threadlock the bearing in place

DaveW, Jaco tires are ALWAYS going to lack a lot of grip, no matter how much bite there is, jaco tires suck
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
WYD, be sure to check the bearing that sits in the steering post, thats where most of the play in the steering in my car is, and im pretty sure it was giving me a few issues this weekend. I believe the solution for this is the threadlock the bearing in place

DaveW, Jaco tires are ALWAYS going to lack a lot of grip, no matter how much bite there is, jaco tires suck
geeunit1014 your right. I seen it move a little bit on the steering post. Almost like the bearing is going bad and is sloppy or the inside of the bearing hole is just ever so slightly loose on the steering post. I almost think one wrap of teflon tape would take up that touch of slop the bearing has. Will see how my car is Saturday and go from their. I cut my slop in the steering by easily 50% if not more. The little bit I have now I would say is the normal amount I have had on any car I owned so I'm fine with that.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John_S
I run this topdeck on my car in the wet conditions but found it terribly understeery in the dry
Hi John_S,

you wrote about cut ITF top deck or pivot ball version ?

Regards!

m.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Ok, so just whenI think I'mcoming down the home stretch,I run into another issue. Someone here had told me that the pinion rubs the belt and he had to flip the belts around. The drawback to this is that you won't be able to run a one-way as the bearings would be flipped and run backwards. My solution is mount the diff gear on the other side on of the mounts. While doing this, I also discovered if you take some pinstriping tape and wrap around the outside of the assembly itself, it will help greatly in centering the gear. Also, I found that since the motor has been moved over, the topdeck has to be filed down to accomodate the new location of the motor. I don't think this will be an issue as it sits flat on the new bulkhead. I have pics below, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Is your front belt not hitting the steering post? At least for me, just simply putting the pulley on the other side is not enough. It looks like I will need washers and even new screws. Just holding mine so it is far enough to not hit the post does not put enough threads in the one way for me to be comfortable with.

Another reason I'd like for this to work is that it would allow me to move my esc and receiver further to the center.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

I ran a cut standard tc5 topdeck
Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014

hey mike. whats up. got my exotek chassis are you goying to xray challenge. i might need some setup help. im gonna try it out this weekend
Old 07-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey mike. whats up. got my exotek chassis are you goying to xray challenge. i might need some setup help. im gonna try it out this weekend
Hey Craig. Unfortunately I dont think im going to be able to make it to the Xray challenge For setup though, i would suggest making a few changes to free the car up a bit, as it will be more planted with the exotek. On my car I took a bit of toe out of the rear (only have a 2mm shim now), and I shortened up the wheelbase in the front, and that really helped the car rotate. Oh, and since theyre running blues for that race, you may need to take the swaybars off your car, since most likely youll be searching for a bit of overall grip. Hope that helps.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I think what to do for more flex, I try use orings ... but maybe I don't understud how put orings and screw and got good result ...

I cut ITF top deck and now it gives more flex, anyone try it before me?

Pic:

It is about 3mm height in center line.

Regards!

m.
i did it with the team car about 2 months ago and wow wat a difference instantly hooked
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If my car is pushing, would I want to reduce flex? I am running rubber on asphault with ITF chassis', 4 orings on top deck loose...thanks for any help...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I would get rid of the o-rings. There are any number of reasons as to why your car may be pushing.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Balance Front/Rear howto

Hi!
After small talk with Rojna (Greg Rojna) I will try do it like this:
- one weight machine
- tweak station from integy

Build it like on pics, set equal height for tweak bar and put chassis on this
Team Associated TC5-device01.jpg
Team Associated TC5-device02.jpg
Team Associated TC5-tc5_f_r.jpg
When 5 cell package is at front I got F 684g and R 676g (always drive like this),
when put pack rear I got F 640g and R 712g.

Maybe is time for test rear pack position

Regards!

m.

ps: Greg told to me that bar connected tweak station can a little manipulate
result but it is only for 1st time, I will check it without it for me, I know where
I have light or heavy end
Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
I would get rid of the o-rings. There are any number of reasons as to why your car may be pushing.
Ill try that then...I have tried a few things and the car does not like to turn...ive tried decreasing wheelbase, trackwidth...spring changes...etc its getting old, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.