Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
- TC5R cam holders, they got more adjusting them the originals I got.
What makes the R cam holders so special? How are they different from the FT?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
What makes the R cam holders so special? How are they different from the FT?
They have alot more room for adjustments, which really allows more free play in the belt for stock and more adjustments for mod also!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
couple of ?'s

1. Is there a Steel outdrive Spool for this car

2. Is there a fix/mod for the back end arm mounts so that there is no force on the hinge pin holders when doing up the screws and having say 3 deg rear toe.

Anyone??? Pls
Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default steel spool

TOP USA has TC5 steel spools available.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by katfish317
They have alot more room for adjustments, which really allows more free play in the belt for stock and more adjustments for mod also!!
Thanks for the info, looks like I should get some R cam holders. I've got my belts loose as possible with the FT ones, but the front feels like it could go looser.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
TOP USA has TC5 steel spools available.
Top also makes a nice aluminum spur gear holder which I have on my TC5. Just got it a few weeks ago from TOP. No more worries about stripping ouot my screw holes anymore.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info, looks like I should get some R cam holders. I've got my belts loose as possible with the FT ones, but the front feels like it could go looser.
Scooter - the original FT cam holders are P/N ASC31186, the type R cams with more adjustment are P/N ASC31184, they make a big difference.

Wyd - can you post a link to Top USA ??

Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Valkman
Scooter - the original FT cam holders are P/N ASC31186, the type R cams with more adjustment are P/N ASC31184, they make a big difference.

Thanks
Cheers for that, at least with the part being proper AE I should be able to get it fairly easy. If I knew about that earlier today I could've ordered some when I did my TC5 spare parts order with Harris R/C earlier. At least I'll have spares and silver springs before the SA state titles, which will be a good thing.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is the difference in settings for belt tension? Does tighter or looser change the performance at all? I am using the FT cam holder and I believe they are on the loosest setting...they feel good to me and the drivetrain spin freely...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
What is the difference in settings for belt tension? Does tighter or looser change the performance at all? I am using the FT cam holder and I believe they are on the loosest setting...they feel good to me and the drivetrain spin freely...
IMO - a looser drive train equates to less rolling resistance which generally equals a faster, more efficient car. Less resistance also equals lower electric motor loads and lower motor temps. I run 17.5 and have my belts rather loose, but not loose enough to skip or damage the belt.

Lower turn BL motors require the belts to be tighter. Mod motors will rip up belts if they're too loose. So it depends on what your running, but the least amount of resistance is desireable.

Your FT cams may be fine if your front belt is fairly broken in. Mine was a bit tight when new, so I swtiched to the R cams. After almost a year, I could probably switch back, but there would be no advantage.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Valkman

Thanks
www.topracingusa.com I called them and told them I would like to order the TC5 alum spur gear adapter. The emailed me the price with everything I needed and I then Paypaled them. Very quick and easy. Only took a few days to get the part. TOP Racing had great service considering how busy they are with the new Photon and all the shipping they are doing right now.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh Posted this on the Photon thread, could be useful .......

Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I understand that you are trying to make the transmission as free as possible but keep in mind that you are probably hurting yourself. At top end rpms, running the belts too loose will cause them to bounce all over the place and really make the transmission actually bind up. Loose belts = good punch off the corner but they make for terrible top speed (to a point). The belts should have a maximum of 4mm deflection (from relaxed position to pushing on them with firm tension). Anything more than this will actually cost you top speed and run time.

www.cefx.net - www.topracingusa.com - www.thunderpowerrc.com - www.team-shepherd.com - www.kopropo.com/america - www.novarossi.com
Old 07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Great post from Josh and I think very useful info. My belts are right on the mark I would say. My front belt is a tad stiffer than the rear but like I posted before they are very smooth and no tight spots when you spin the wheels. My car might not free wheel as long as some other brands of touring cars I have but just as smooth as any of them over all.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm running VTA and was wondering from experience if JOsh H's setup or Juho's world setup would be better for a parking lot asphalt track low to medium grip.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by home13oy75
I'm running VTA and was wondering from experience if JOsh H's setup or Juho's world setup would be better for a parking lot asphalt track low to medium grip.
Not sure but you have to remember they are running modified so their setup would most likely be very aggressive and since VTA is alot slower you might find your car oversteering.

They other thing is they are normally running on well prepared surfaces and at the Worlds the track would be very well prepared with excellent traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.