Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Try this thread[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Are there any others?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-upgrades.html

This is our thread. We make a saddle pack conversion for the 4x4. At the moment, these are still pre-orders, but they should be arriving within a week or two.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The main problem here would be motor temps. How big is your track? The track I regularly race at is 200ftx75ft, so you can use a lot of horsepower. How long are your mains? Brushless motors always feel to me like they gain bottom and top end when going up in pinion size (although "technically" a larger pinion gives less bottom end and more top end). This probably has to do with the fact that these new motors are like 1.5Hp electric motor, so the extra tooth probably does not even phase the bottom end.

Lately my motor temps have been in the 130's, it has been cool though, so that helps keep it down. The Pro 4 is okay to run all the way to 190 or so, without any damage to the motor. If you want to tame down your bottom end, the best thing to do is turn down your torque (current) limiter in the speedo. I typically run mine around 60-65. This mellows out the bottom end and allows me to use the power better.

Last time I was at the track, there was a kid with a radar gun trapping all the cars on the 150ft straight. My truck was fastest at 36mph. A really fast E-buggy was doing 39. The closest truck was hitting like 30-32. I was running a 13T pinion.
That sounds like a fun track. I dont know the exact size offhand of the track I run at but I know it isn't that big. I believe my temps were 170 ish. A little high for my taste but not dangerous. I'm hoping to pick up a 13 and 14 too to see what will work best. I would like the tprque so I can just blip the throttle and get over a double easy like having a 550 motor.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
That sounds like a fun track. I dont know the exact size offhand of the track I run at but I know it isn't that big. I believe my temps were 170 ish. A little high for my taste but not dangerous. I'm hoping to pick up a 13 and 14 too to see what will work best. I would like the tprque so I can just blip the throttle and get over a double easy like having a 550 motor.
If you are running a Tekin Pro 4, then there are no motors out there with more torque (not sure on the Viper 550's/540 4 pole). The 4 pole Tekins make more bottom end than the 550 2 poles offered by other manufacturers, including Tekin.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Nyk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I started out with a 14t on my truck and it was the first time with it on the track.. Temps was at like 125 or so after it sat for like 5mins after a run. I dropped to a 13t and temps dropped down to the 115 range and it also felt like it calmed the bottom end down some.. Idk maybe the truck needed a lil break in time to but I dnt think the 130's was all that high.. Its a Pro4 4k motor.. Track size is proly like 100'x50' "ish"..
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

whats a better motor for the sc10 4x4 on 1/8 sized tracks? 4.5, 5.5 or 6.5? i have a 6.5 now but feel slow compared to other cars. gearing is as high as i can go and still keep temps in the 150's.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

130 is not high at all, if the motor runs fast enough for you, then that is even better. Your gearing makes sense for a track that size.

In the summer, my Pro4 would get up to about 185-195 without any problem, it was however, 105+ many times this year when racing
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
whats a better motor for the sc10 4x4 on 1/8 sized tracks? 4.5, 5.5 or 6.5? i have a 6.5 now but feel slow compared to other cars. gearing is as high as i can go and still keep temps in the 150's.
If that is all you have to chose from, then the 4.5. If you have the option for a Pro-4, then by all means, use the 4000 or 4600, especially if running on 8th scale tracks. The motors have more bottom end and more top end.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Guess u never tried a tenshock motor if u think tekin pro 4 has the most torque
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
@ craigmba

Will you ever shut the hell up and quit being a dick?!?!?!?! So what if someone make a mistake, no body is perfect, including you ya FU*KSTICK!!!

Please stop trolling and stay out of this thread... Your the reason that all the drama gets started.

Now... go ahead and flame away... you too coyoteslash, your his little minion in his game...
Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
EXACTLY MY POINT!!! You made a simple mistake, an error if you will, and he see's blood in the water!!!

He thinks that he is PERFECT and never makes a mistake and that when someone else does, its the end of the world. He just needs to get a life or just go kill himself...
Lod, Stop trying to be the Internet-Wambulance. Part Two: Do not pretend you know my response or call me a "minion" when I clearly dislike Cherry for his arrogance and not because my /b/ro decides to troll him. Go back to your own existance. Your responses with immature language and "CAPSLOCK is cruise control for COOL" mentality is boring and actually causing more of an "issue" than an image or two posted by Craig. Game over.

On a Personal Note. I respect Wild Cherry for his years of racing and experience; It goes without saying. He just clearly has to state it 'every. time.' to make sure we "know."
------------------------------

When bottle feeders ask about hop ups and stuff guys. Use this Link, I spent time on this post to set it up for starting these guys off. Then their questions can actually bring some "content" to this thread in the near future. I understand you guys are going to have to play Catch Up to us long timers, But please. Try to do your own work even a little? You will be highly respected for it:
SC10 4x4 Hop Up Listings

-
Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM

This list is the "essential" list from my/our experience without breaking the bank. It only gets crazy from there on out. But the "crazy" stuff is awesome.

The Truck needs:
- Swaybars (front) (rear)
- Dif-oil changes (setup sheets)
- Springs (setup sheets) (front) (rear)
- can be bought individually.
- Chassis Brace
(CoyoteTech if you want a good price)
- Added and Balanced weight: This is a light truck, Helpful for Grip and when you're getting pushed around by Losi's. (not mandatory)

High End Suggestions:
- RCSHOX Garodisks
- RCSHOX Dual stage Pistons
- MTK Slipper Basket
- Exotek AL Chassis
- Reflex Racing Top Deck
- FT Shock upgrade Kit (front) (rear)
- AL Hex adapters

(AL: Aluminum)

PLUG: The CoyoteTech Chassis Brace is 15.00 shipped and is an easy bolt on "nearly" necessity for this Truck with the Belt flex that CraigMBA showed you guys from the relinked pictures. PM me if you're interested.

-
Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Lod, Stop trying to be the Internet-Wambulance. Part Two: Do not pretend you know my response or call me a "minion" when I clearly dislike Cherry for his arrogance and not because my /b/ro decides to troll him. Go back to your own existance. Your responses with immature language and "CAPSLOCK is cruise control for COOL" mentality is boring and actually causing more of an "issue" than an image or two posted by Craig. Game over.
HAHA!!! I've been waiting for one of you two fags to reply, you cant help yourself!!! As for who you dislike, you dislike anyone who questions you or craig or post something that contradicts what you two idiots post. Also, I dont have to "pretend" that I know what your response will be because I already knew what you were going to post. P.S. Whats an "Internet-Wambulance"?

~GAME ON~
Old 12-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Cool list coyote, now just post it randomly 5-6 times a day and problem solved lol
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
Cool list coyote, now just post it randomly 5-6 times a day and problem solved lol
That's what the link's for! lol. I'm not going to be a douche' to the new guys but I'd really like to 'ween' them. New blood brings so much good to a Truck when they put their mind to it instead of just use ours.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
If you are running a Tekin Pro 4, then there are no motors out there with more torque (not sure on the Viper 550's/540 4 pole). The 4 pole Tekins make more bottom end than the 550 2 poles offered by other manufacturers, including Tekin.
I already have a Tekin. 4600 kv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.