Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Great points... what we have learned

WC and MW are both older than RC and 2 stage pistons.

Pro drivers like regular pistons but the company they race for and get paid 6 figures from don't make them so go figure.

The Pro's are fast without 2 stage pistons... but MOST of the Cali tracks are smoother than the street we drive on.

MW video of his truck looks like they work very well at his track.

WC has never used MW pistons.

Bladders or no bladders, single or duel stage pistons.... it's just another shock tune you can do for your track.

(this was all meant in FUN )
Old 12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Great points... what we have learned

WC and MW are both older than RC and 2 stage pistons.

Pro drivers like regular pistons but the company they race for and get paid 6 figures from don't make them so go figure.

The Pro's are fast without 2 stage pistons... but MOST of the Cali tracks are smoother than the street we drive on.

MW video of his truck looks like they work very well at his track.

WC has never used MW pistons.

Bladders or no bladders.... it's just another shock tune you can do for your track.

(this was all meant in FUN )

two stage pistons ?

been there , done that years ago....

Believe they don't work, sorry...

as far as what the team drivers use ?

Those drivers will use any other company's part that works more betta ....

Just look at all the Losi springs & K springs being used on the 1/10th bug, or how bout those chassis braces everyone has now ...
Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Dont hate on the two stage pistons!!! They def work
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
One of first 10 members of this BB board , been racing sense 83 ...
I'm 55 ....

and yeah ,

nobody likes getting beat by a old bald guy with yellow Novak T-shirt driving pink JConcepts Raptor...

no body....

You may have trouble driving a faster car , cus your just not used to it...
Why ?
Mostly because most always try to make their car easier to drive and kill corner speed and steering.....
well i am not far behind you! not quite in the 50 club yet but not too far off!

another assumption sir, i am really good at setups and my SC, Ebuggy and 4w buggies hold qualifying and lap records at most of the tracks I race on. i am not the quickest driver out there but have been in the A main on every major race i have attended. as i said "some of them i could drive some of them i couldnt". my history stems from on road and you already know how important corner speed is. ANyone who has witness my dirving will tell you right off the bat that my cars are always smooth and carry lots of corner speed, thats how i set them up! at any rate we are falling off of the subject, back to pro's and cons of bladder vs emulsion in our trucks. another thing is that it seems like you mostly run on indoor smooth tracks where i am always outdoors on rough tracks where bladders work better for me, i can see how a smooth track will not make a difference on "pumping " the shocks on a rough track that will not fly.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

I do agree that a big part of Pro driving is testing and tuning without them we would have RC cars in "theory" should be better BUT they prove the design and validate changes that need be done. It was AE in the first place that said "the super champ sucks lets make a real RC buggy to race worlds with."

I have been around racing from 1987 and have not seen pistons like MW, two stage pistons yes but just like his no. I actually like all the of MW products and will be looking forward to do some testing of my own with a few of his products soon.

AE tapered the bottom of the piston to try and simulate what MW pistons do and to make it simple for the average guy to get dialed in with out going crazy about shock dynamics.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thanx for the summary Cameron!! its all good on my end, its about time for WC and me to take our geritol anyway LOL!!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Legend

Mantis

I live at the track & consume mass cheese .

The sponsored kids I race with ?

Can keep up with the Factory drivers...

Sometimes I beat one or two .....

That's how it is ........
Old 12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Mantis

I live at the track & consume mass cheese .

The sponsored kids I race with ?

Can keep up with the Factory drivers...

Sometimes I beat one or two .....

That's how it is ........
Funny thing is that there are ALOT of pro factory drivers running my pistons, more than you can imagine so dont think for a second that none of them do!
and there are some in your area code the bad thing about my product is that they are a distinct advantage in all situations and that has been proven but some drivers like to keep it a secret and most Pro drivers are that way . fine with me but come early next year a few of the big names will be proudly running them in the open. contrary to what you believe they actually do work and work well i have sold thousands of them so obviously they do. a blanket statement like "2 stage pistons dont work" really makes no sense to me especially since they work in 1:1, why not RC?

i know of a few pros that still run the RPM pistons and swear by them in classes that still use small bore shocks. B4,T4. 2wd SC etc etc. they are out there man dont be blinded!!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

bladders perform best on outdoor big air jumps & bumpy tracks..

emulsion best for indoor
I think you have this backwards.... correct me if im wrong but don't touring cars use bladder style shocks because they are more concistant and they run on normally a smooth surface? Bladder shocks made my truck very very bouncy and almost underivable on a bumpy track with large jumps. I went to emulsion after the first qualifier and have never looked back.

So... in summary:

Bladder: smooth tracks

Emulsion: rough, bumpy tracks.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Legend

Mantis

Why ?
you should already know ....

Cus the fluid dynamics do not respond the same on smaller 1/10th designs as their full size counterparts...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Mantis

Why ?
you should already know ....

Cus the fluid dynamics do not respond the same on smaller 1/10th designs as their full size counterparts...
Cmon man, are you serious? your telling me that having a quicker rebound will not keep the tires on the ground more thus increasing traction? your saying that quicker rebound will not make the trucks jump higher? My friend you are definately in the minority on this, feedback is always the same. so you think we are all trying to fool you and i am just selling "snake oil". i know fluid dynamics are not the same, we dont have high/low speed valving nor do we have scale spring rates or gas pressurized shocks. all we have is a compromise between pack and chassis slap via oil and hole sizes. My pistons are merely 1 holes size bigger on the rebound, not that dramatic, the SC10's are 1.1m compression and 1.2mm rebound.

try them man, if you dont like them i will give you your money back. you got nothing to lose except a few hours of test time.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok, So. What do I do to make my shocks emulsion?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Ok, So. What do I do to make my shocks emulsion?
Remove the bladder seal in the shock cap and use a o-ring there. (came in the kit)
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Would the dampening be about the same if I did not switch oil?
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 87 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Grouchman
I'm using a Tekin RX8, but I don't see an issue with any other ESC if it's wired correctly
what side do you put it on the motor side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.