Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
5200 with a 15T pinion?
That's correct, lol.

This is a picture of the track I was running it on. The back straight should be close to 115'.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Appreciate the response.

Curious - does the team use 22 orings as well?
Nope, we are using the stock o-rings.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Thats all I've been running lately and wouldn't second guess my decision I've had multiple wins with the combination and feel its the perfect tight track combo with the torque that the motor/speedo boast. Also I haven't had one failure and thats more important than anything to me
I have to step in and second what Matt says here as well...and I have also run mine on open outdoor tracks and it performed there flawlessly as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Does anybody have experience with the Hobbywing 3656SD 4700Kv motor in a SCTE ?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Nope, we are using the stock o-rings.
Argh!!! You just reminded me that you only get TWO o-rings in the shock rebuild pack!!! Ridiculous! Why can I buy a TLR 22 Oring pack with 8 o rings in it and I can't get the same thing for the SCTE!!!

Outrageous!

This has BRIEFLY made me forget about popping ball cups on my 22SCT
Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by .AJ.
They are DE Racing ones
AWESOME, i was looking at those and the CF ones i saw on ebay

Originally Posted by thegame7
Dammit, you guys are convincing me I need the SC411 4600 now LOL. I'm happy with the 4000 but if the 4600 is that much better...

Will I see less noticeable runtime with the 4600 compared to the 4000? Using Gens Ace 2s 5000mah 40c and 50c batteries.
Yes, much more power on the 4600 or 4700kv from HW that i have, just uses more juice so plan to run a higher C rating battery if goin to these motors, i run 65c and all is well and puffed the 40C from gens ace but this is also where the battery quality will show as the cheaper packs might puff but my cheap nanotech 6600's have been great and very happy

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Does anybody have experience with the Hobbywing 3656SD 4700Kv motor in a SCTE ?
Yes, currently the only motor i have and its been great, geared at 13t on the SCT Pro combo and ive never looked back..
Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I took apart my scte and inspected my axles, and the ends look a bit wallowed out.

Are axles just a part that needs replaced from time to time?

Are tekno more durable? Are there direct replacement teknos?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonasm48
I took apart my scte and inspected my axles, and the ends look a bit wallowed out.

Thanks
Axles and drive shafts are wear parts. If you are talking about the cross pin holes in the axles there are two sets of holes so you can move to a new hole and tighthen them up again!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimMo846
Thanks, for the info. I was looking at the 4000. I'm currently running a LRP XL12 4.5t 550 can in mine and wanting to go to a 4pole instead. Figured if the Tenshock is as good as the Tekin 4pole, I'd save some cash and go with it.
ya im running the 4000kv on a small tight track and its just enough, outdoor or bigger track it would not be enough. also using the gens ace 5000, 50c, seems to be a good motor, only 3 races on it... but i will get the 4600 for bigger tracks....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You can always take into account the motor/esc combination that's winning all of the races also... The Rx8 and Pro 4 4600 is dominating the Pro 4 SC classes at a lot of the races right now....
Originally Posted by rcgod
The only downside to the tenshock motors is lack of parts support. I emailed EJ at built RC where I bought it looking for a rotor and he didn't have any. Also emailed Tenshock direct and they blew me off. I love the motor but a rotor for my tekin was in stock at amain.
Not trying to bash tekin, but there's a reason those guys run that motor, They're paid to. Can you say sponsorships? I do notice that a lot of guys run that motor at my track though. My tenshock motor will keep up with them all day long. Just to prove i'm not hating, i'll be going to tekin when my truggy gets converted to electric someday.

+1 my tenshock has been fantastic. The only downside is just like hobbyking and there lipos, the customer service is terrible.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Yes, currently the only motor i have and its been great, geared at 13t on the SCT Pro combo and ive never looked back..
That's good to hear since I ordered it yesterday (Will probably take a month to get here from Hong Kong though...)
I was wondering why I found so much posts and youtube videos about the Tenshock 411, and hardly anything about the HW 3656SD.
I'd love to see a race with a Scte with that motor in it just to see how it performs.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

That's good to hear since I ordered it yesterday (Will probably take a month to get here from Hong Kong though...)
I was wondering why I found so much posts and youtube videos about the Tenshock 411, and hardly anything about the HW 3656SD.
I'd love to see a race with a Scte with that motor in it just to see how it performs.
Hmm, i have a vid on there but its not of it racing, just running across the yard as the track we have wasnt groomed enough to run on it safely...Just click the pic and it should open up

Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jonasm48

Thanks
Yes there are direct replacement Tekno shafts for the centers and front/rear. I'm currently running them on my SCTE for quite a while and haven't had a failure. I have bent of one the rear shafts but I also splintered a losi shaft in the past and the drive pin slid out and tore apart my rear case. I have heard of people having them bind up but it seems different from SCTE to SCTE because I personally didn't have a problem.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

1 month? Yikes. Next time give Falcon Sekido a shot, they've been quick and Jennifer in support has been tremendously helping in getting anything I need (including extra cases and switches). Also had good experience with HobbyPartz. CRC should treat you right too, though I don't have first hand experience.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Yes there are direct replacement Tekno shafts for the centers and front/rear. I'm currently running them on my SCTE for quite a while and haven't had a failure. I have bent of one the rear shafts but I also splintered a losi shaft in the past and the drive pin slid out and tore apart my rear case. I have heard of people having them bind up but it seems different from SCTE to SCTE because I personally didn't have a problem.

Just my 2 cents.
Did you bend and splinter the shafts when running the MIP chassis and aluminum brace?

Seems that would occur more with chassis flex, and I assumed the MIP setup would be a bit more stiff with it's brace. I know I bent one with the stock chassis and stock plastic brace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.