Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey guys,

i just got my whole setup soldered and ready to go but i just tested it and something is up... the steering is glitching really bad and the truck wont start out by itself unless is push it first then it runs normally. when it does start by its self it cogs really bad. im thinking i might need a BEC because of the high powered servo but i wanted to see what everyone thought... maybe change some RX8 setting?

my setup is:
SCTE
tekin Pro4 4600kv
Tekin RX8
savox 1268tg
spektrum receiver and transponder
i tried a bunch of different batteries all of them were fully charged 2s and 4s

Thanks!,
Dan

Last edited by D-A-N-4-4; 08-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
hey guys,

i just got my whole setup soldered and ready to go but i just tested it and something is up... the steering is glitching really bad and the truck wont start out by itself unless is push it first then it runs normally. when it does start by its self it cogs really bad. im thinking i might need a BEC because of the high powered servo but i wanted to see what everyone thought... maybe change some RX8 setting?

my setup is:
SCTE
tekin Pro4 4600kv
Tekin RX8
savox 1268tg

Thanks!,
Dan
I see so many issues with that servo. I am not tryin to bag on any brand per se, Savox makes many great products. There is just something about that servo. Savox boosts the heck out of that one and thats why it pulls so many amps. Can try a glitch buster first, try to unplug the servo and if it still does it, may be a bad bec int eh esc or a bad receiver. Always better to make sure before buying anything else is how I feel. Always grew up on a budget, hehe.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys,

my setup is:
SCTE
tekin Pro4 4600kv
Tekin RX8

(savox 1268tg)
(spektrum receiver and transponder)

Thanks!,
Dan
Note what is in parenthesis??Well documented problem!The fix is a gltch buster cap thing!!Or upgrade your radio and rec or use a different servo.That servo is good but draws a ton of amps.Some one can link it for you im sure or just look back a few days of posts there was a picture of one as well, Cheers!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

hey guys,

my setup is:
SCTE
tekin Pro4 4600kv
Tekin RX8
savox 1268tg

Thanks!,
Dan
Which Spektrum receiver?
I have heard people with the SR300 that comes with the DX3S radio has been really bad at this. IF the glitchbuster doesnt work in fixing this, then the only other thing can be the bec... The RX8 IMHO is a bulletproof esc for me!

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
I see so many issues with that servo. I am not tryin to bag on any brand per se, Savox makes many great products. There is just something about that servo. Savox boosts the heck out of that one and thats why it pulls so many amps. Can try a glitch buster first, try to unplug the servo and if it still does it, may be a bad bec int eh esc or a bad receiver. Always better to make sure before buying anything else is how I feel. Always grew up on a budget, hehe.
Hey where is those diff cups with the built in inserts??Cheers Ryan!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Which Spektrum receiver?
I have heard people with the SR300 that comes with the DX3S radio has been really bad at this. IF the glitchbuster doesnt work in fixing this, then the only other thing can be the bec... The RX8 IMHO is a bulletproof esc for me!

Good luck!
It is An sr300 but it didn't come with a dx3s. Maybe I'll try the receiver from my truggy but I have used this receiver in a different car with no problems. I'll do all the double checks that you guys said before I buy anything. Does anyone have a link to which glitch buster I should buy?

And my bad IT'S THE 1258TG NOT THE 1268

Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

It is An sr300 but it didn't come with a dx3s. Maybe I'll try the receiver from my truggy but I have used this receiver in a different car with no problems. I'll do all the double checks that you guys said before I buy anything. Does anyone have a link to which glitch buster I should buy?

Thanks,
Dan
Ok, yeah from what I hear the SR300 is the weak link. I have never had any glitching problems in any of my cars, but I use the SR3100 primarily. I do also put glitchbusters in all of them as well. Spektrum sells one and its $5, cheap insurance. I just recently got a Savox servo and was very nervous, but it worked like a dream! I got the 1268.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks,
Dan

The SR3100 does a much better job but doesnt always fix the issue.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lucid
dont list to this holloway guy, he dosent know what he's talking about...

-Black Knight
if you aren't working this weekend, check out Jerry's truck and see if you can find something. We can't figure it out. Are you going to the Midwests this weekend?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys,

my setup is:
SCTE
tekin Pro4 4600kv
Tekin RX8
savox 1268tg

Thanks!,
Dan
I'm running the exact setup and have not had any issues. I run a glitch buster on mine and its been flawless with 60c batteries. The immediate cogging would suggest to me and indicates i would check the sensor wire and all solder joints first... The servo glitching i have seen has (in other trucks) always been under high demand
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zZ Hop
I'm running the exact setup and have not had any issues. I run a glitch buster on mine and its been flawless with 60c batteries. The immediate cogging would suggest to me and indicates i would check the sensor wire and all solder joints first... The servo glitching i have seen has (in other trucks) always been under high demand
Okay Thanks, and btw what pinion are you using on what kind of track an what's your heat at? I have a 14t to start out with...

Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay Thanks, and btw what pinion are you using on what kind of track an what's your heat at? I have a 14t to start out with...

Thanks,
Dan
I'm running a 14t on a medium-large sized track, I have not needed to drop the current limit and come off around 155 after about 8 minutes... Ambient temp is in about the 90s right now.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Practiced driving around the 1/8 track at Norcal Hobbies this past Sunday and after installing my BCE chassis, Losi carbon rear tower and HA pivot balls, this truck handles EXCELLENT. Just installed my APE battery tray today and can't wait to play around with weight bias'
Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

BTW, I've found myself turning the Expo up a little bit on my steering (Spektrum DX3C) to have a little better control at higher speeds. Has anyone else experimented with this? Seemed to work good at high speed but at lower speeds, the steering wasn't as fast as I wanted it to be (duh!). I have a cheapie Savox 0252.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zZ Hop
I'm running a 14t on a medium-large sized track, I have not needed to drop the current limit and come off around 155 after about 8 minutes... Ambient temp is in about the 90s right now.
I'm also running on a medium large track and I have the 14t on there right now so hopefully mine comes off at the same temp as you. It's great that we have the exact same setup and track size and everything... Helped me a bunch lol

Thanks,
Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.